The Nicolas Cage discussion thread

cage souned passionate about the movie before. i thin he'll play blaze no matter what the story is.

I don't know about that but I am confident that this script is good enough for Blaze to sign on... I mean for Nic to sign on for Blaze. The only thing he'll likely worry about is splitting the screen time with Ghost Rider... and money of course.

This is sounding bad....
from Fairfax Digital

"Hollywood star Nicolas Cage says he might not shoot the big budget action film Ghost Rider in Australia.

It was thought Cage would be in Melbourne in January to make Ghost Rider, based on the popular Marvel comic series, but the Oscar winning actor confirmed today he was yet to commit to the project.

If Cage opted out, the film would likely not go ahead - a major blow to the Australian film industry and the Victorian government.

The American actor said he had nothing against shooting the movie in Australia but before he signed on he needed to resolve script issues and discrepancies about the vision for the film.

"I would be very happy if that happened and we made it in Australia," Cage said today.

Earlier at a press conference in Washington DC to promote his latest completed project, the action adventure movie National Treasure, Cage revealed Ghost Rider was not a certainty, although a scouting mission was currently taking place in Australia to check the location was suitable.

"It's something we're still talking about," Cage said.

"I know they're in Australia right now looking for locations so it's getting down to the wire. It's not definite yet."

The Australian film industry is keen to attract the $US40 million ($51.77 million) film after suffering a huge drop-off over the past two years in big budget Hollywood-funded movies being made in Australia.

The Victorian government also is desperate to have Ghost Rider made in the struggling Central City Studios in Melbourne's Docklands district.

Cage, the winner of the best actor Academy Award in 1995 for playing an alcoholic in the drama Leaving Las Vegas, is a comic book fan and has talked openly for years about playing the lead Johnny Blaze in Ghost Rider, a circus motorcycle stuntman tricked by Satan into becoming the Spirit of Vengeance.

Cage also is entering preliminary discussions to be Superman and The Green Goblin in Spider-Man.

Today, he compared the Ghost Rider role to buying a piece of artwork by pop artists Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein.

"I've had a fascination with the comic book world," the 40-year-old Cage said.

"If it ever did happen, I would see it in my little way as like my Lichtenstein or my Warhol - my adventure into pop art. I would love to do that.

"I don't know if other people see it the same way, but that's how I would interpret it. Like a chance to draw some pop art." "

Jeeze....here we go again folks :mad: i shouldnt be suprised at this point...

some noteworthy things that concerns me...

"The American actor said he had nothing against shooting the movie in Australia but before he signed on he needed to resolve script issues and discrepancies about the vision for the film."

is the script that bad?! and the really really bad part....

If Cage opted out, the film would likely not go ahead - a major blow to the Australian film industry and the Victorian government

crap in a hat......at least they are still talking

EDIT:
noticed this too in the article:
"Cage also is entering preliminary discussions to be Superman and The Green Goblin in Spider-Man"

??? that is old old news....wondering how legit this recent interview was.
Man, i hate half assed interviewers...you can never be sure if you are getting real news or something thats already been reported only "spiced up" to increase readership...
i hope MSJ says something about this soon....ARGHHH!

Well this is how I feel. If Cage doesn't sign on by the time he needs to be then he doesn't really deserve the part. I know there most likely a lot of other actors who would sign on at the chance of playing Blaze. If he is so interested in being a part of the script he should have signed on a long time ago.

What about that Cole Hauser guy from "Paparazzi"? I don't know if he's that good of an actor though...

THANK GOD.....

man....i was having some bad flashbacks of just a few months ago. Cage is signed...will shoot in spring of 03....wont shoot in sping of 03...will shoot GR after National Treasure.....wont shoot after NT...ect ect ect...
and i guess that his problems w/ the script are rumor as well? certainly hope so...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ghostridernews.php?id=2220

Cage a Lock for Ghost Rider After All
Source: AAP
November 17, 2004

It looks like Nicolas Cage just didn't know he was allowed to say he was signed for Ghost Rider already when he did the press rounds for "National Treasure" last week, as publicist Fiona Searson told the AAP that there's no uncertainty about the production.

"The film will be made here and he (Cage) has signed a contract... They're due to start (filming) at the end of January and that's when they always were due to start and that's what they're working towards.

There's more on the project at the link above.

I didn't see you guys talkin' here... and I was too excited... damn

The good part is that he already signed the contract for his soul...errr...i mean for a ROLE in Ghost Rider. :D
sneaky bastard!

LOL. He probably sold his soul long ago to get the chance to play Ghost Rider.

I just saw Cage on Letterman, and I have to say, he looks REALLY thin. Like emaciated thin...I wonder what gives?

-Merc

****!!! just noticed flame has already opened this thread,I just got excited when i saw the news and rushed to post it and in my half asleep state i missed the other thread.

Sorry flame i feel like a complete idiot:(

Oh well - so be it.

Cage just isn't right for the role IMO, but seeing GR himself on the big screen will be worth putting up with Cage's odd looks and acting style I suppose.

Like i said, i´m not mad that Cage has signed, i think Cage is one of the best actors out there, one of my favorites.
But he still doesn´t strike me as Johnny Blaze.

You're a real idiot pal. It's "new" news, taken from yesterday. So shut your face. It's not already being talked about it's saying that he's signed for another movie that starts production in the summer. So bite me.

Side-Winder said:
You're a real idiot pal. It's "new" news, taken from yesterday. So shut your face. It's not already being talked about it's saying that he's signed for another movie that starts production in the summer. So bite me.
first off CHILL !!!
Now that news was out last week and is in one of the other threads,Now don't go off on flame as he is one of the most reasonable guys on here and your childish outburst won't endear you to anyone as the GR forum is quite a tight little group.:)

You know one of the coolest things about Nicolas Cage, is that he changed his name to one of his favorite characters last name, Luke Cage. I think they mentioned that on a biography about him on TV. A&E I think it was.

I'm glad to see one actor out there that has love for a comic character and wants to see things get done right for the movie. I'll admit, Cage was not my first choice for Blaze, probably not a choice at all, but it's cool.

here is another article about it...also it says there are a few metal bands that really want to have their music in the film...
here is the link:
http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2004/nov/17cage.htm

and the article:

"Despite Nicolas Cage's seeming denial about the finality of his working on the Ghost Rider movie project last week, fears of fans have been laid to rest as news.com.au reported an official movie announcement that Cage has indeed been 'locked' for the role.

Ghost Rider, yet another big-screen Marvel comics adaptation, is slated to follow in the footsteps of recent massively successful predecessors like the Spider-Man and X-Men franchises. This is one of Marvel's most macabre titles, about a demonic motorcyclist who gives up his day persona of stunt biker, as well as his face, at night, to be replaced by a blazing skull and armed with relentless hellfire.

At best limited to a cult classic at its highest in the 1970s, the film will probably be a less mainstream release.

The film, set to shoot in Victoria, Australia, is the biggest feature film to be made in the country. Directed by Mark Steven Johnson, the project is set to employ 500 people over five months. The Columbia Pictures film will begin shooting in end January.

Cage will play the lead role of Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider, equipped with a CGI skull at night. The most promising thing to be anticipated about this project is the killer soundtrack, with metal bands from the most appropriate (Iron Maiden, Megadeth) to sadistic lyric-wailers (Sepultura, Godsmack) all expressing a curious interest to come aboard."

...now whether or not Mark wants them on the soundtrack is anyone's guess, but its certainly a hopeful sign..

Side-Winder, Dude somebody forgot their pills today, what's up?
I know, I know, you've just been stressed out about whether Cage will sign or not, but RELAX, everything's okay now.......It's gonna be alright.

Sweet find BIGGUN!!! Man, I really glad this got resolved quickly and we did'nt have to wait all the way into January to find out if he got signed.
Big Megadeth fan here and would love for them to be on the soundtrack, but doubt they will. I'm sure the powers that be will want more contemporary bands on the album. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"