• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The North Korea Thread

Perhaps we can find someone to sing the praises of the political infrastructures of Russia, China, and North Korea.

Don't get me wrong......there is no country in the world whose political structure doesn't need a major upgrade, but political control of any economy (think USSR) is a make or break.

How. Russia's economy is ****, and it going to be feeling the effects of the war eventually. And North Korea actually has to be able to make something that China would want. The only benefit North Korea has is to cause issues when China decides they want to take Taiwan.

Russia's economy is growing even as acknowledged by the IMF, they have a labour shortage which is their biggest problem. So what they can do is bring in North Korean migrant workers or even open plants in North Korea.

I recommend you read more media from beyond the West.

What does your cousin do, does he work for an NGO?

Unfortunately covid restrictions are only a fraction of China's offenses.

As expressed in the article.

BUt a large fraction of the article, seemed like around half, is about COVID, where China did a better job than Trump who in turn did a better job than Biden.

Biden has the supremely worst COVID policy: pretend it's not happening. His CDC director, actually referred to masks as a scarlet letter, and said that COVID excess deaths were mostly happening to people with diabetes, etc implying that makes them less bad.

Russia's economy is growing even as acknowledged by the IMF, they have a labour shortage which is their biggest problem. So what they can do is bring in North Korean migrant workers or even open plants in North Korea.

I recommend you read more media from beyond the West.

What does your cousin do, does he work for an NGO?

BUt a large fraction of the article, seemed like around half, is about COVID, where China did a better job than Trump who in turn did a better job than Biden.

Biden has the supremely worst COVID policy: pretend it's not happening. His CDC director, actually referred to masks as a scarlet letter, and said that COVID excess deaths were mostly happening to people with diabetes, etc implying that makes them less bad.

You can praise China's response all you want until a bunch of government officials barricade your door and don't allow you to leave for weeks. It was so bad that Chinese people risked their Orwellian social credit to protest.

Speaking of protest China will blackbag and torture you for simply criticizing the government. There's no freedom of religion. Their intermet is heavily monitored and restricted.

Also who cares how China got rid of covid? They created the global epidemic to begin with. :whatever:

And Trump dismantled America's pandemic response team to begin with then when covid hit America he called it a hoax.

On what planet did Biden pretend covid wasn't real. You're just making up things to fit your narrative.

Also who cares how China got rid of covid? They created the global epidemic to begin with. :whatever:

And Trump dismantled America's pandemic response team to begin with then when covid hit America he called it a hoax.

On what planet did Biden pretend covid wasn't real. You're just making up things to fit your narrative.
Biden's COVID policy is to pretend that there is no COVID. No more free masks, tests, vaccines, stimulus checks, or encouraged sick leave
It's the worst possible policy. That part is clear.

You likely have a point about the Wuhan lab. We don't know what happened and the official narratives keep changing. We also don't know why the US government was contributing funding to a lab in Wuhan, there are plenty of good research labs in the USA.

At the start of the pandemic, it was a "conspiracy theory" to say that the virus was a lab leak, but now that's treated as a serious possibility. The lack of transparency absolutely reflects poorly on both governments.

Biden's COVID policy is to pretend that there is no COVID. No more free masks, tests, vaccines, stimulus checks, or encouraged sick leave
It's the worst possible policy. That part is clear.

You likely have a point about the Wuhan lab. We don't know what happened and the official narratives keep changing. We also don't know why the US government was contributing funding to a lab in Wuhan, there are plenty of good research labs in the USA.

At the start of the pandemic, it was a "conspiracy theory" to say that the virus was a lab leak, but now that's treated as a serious possibility. The lack of transparency absolutely reflects poorly on both governments.

The difference is disbelief in the Wuhan conspiracy was nonconsequential. It didn't cause the death over a million like Trump's "small government" antics.

The difference is disbelief in the Wuhan conspiracy was nonconsequential. It didn't cause the death over a million like Trump's "small government" antics.
It mattered a lot. People deserved to know what happened. People all over the world. If the disease was "natural" then there isn't much to blame for it to start, if it's lab made then Chinese and American heads need to roll.

And as bad as Trump was, Biden has been worse. Biden ended the emergency which is increasing the rate of death from COVID. Schools are now encouraged to increase attendance rates rather than to send sick kids home.

It mattered a lot. People deserved to know what happened. People all over the world. If the disease was "natural" then there isn't much to blame for it to start, if it's lab made then Chinese and American heads need to roll.

And as bad as Trump was, Biden has been worse. Biden ended the emergency which is increasing the rate of death from COVID. Schools are now encouraged to increase attendance rates rather than to send sick kids home.

Heads need to roll?

How would you enforce that and what difference would it make?

Heads need to roll?

How would you enforce that and what difference would it make?
It's a figure of speech.

I believe that the proper way to enforce this, constitutionally, is by appointing a special investigator general.

Follow up with jail time for wrongdoing as used to be the case for white collar crime in the USA (e.g. 1987 savings and loan, 2001 Enron scandal, etc).

The impact of prosecuting white collar crime is it helps reestablish a culture of consequences. Right now at high enough levels, people only fail upwards.

It's a figure of speech.

I believe that the proper way to enforce this, constitutionally, is by appointing a special investigator general.

Follow up with jail time for wrongdoing as used to be the case for white collar crime in the USA (e.g. 1987 savings and loan, 2001 Enron scandal, etc).

The impact of prosecuting white collar crime is it helps reestablish a culture of consequences. Right now at high enough levels, people only fail upwards.
I know it's a figure of speech. No where did I imply that you meant decapitation.

You're strictly referring to Americans being responsible for the Wuhan Lab which is ridiculous. It's a lab deep in China so obviously Chinese nationals are responsible. How would you hold them accountable?

I know it's a figure of speech. No where did I imply that you meant decapitation.

You're strictly referring to Americans being responsible for the Wuhan Lab which is ridiculous. It's a lab deep in China so obviously Chinese nationals are responsible. How would you hold them accountable?

There's not enough information available to say if America and China are jointly responsible or not responsible. The virus could still be natural.

The US should do a proper investigation wherever it has jurisdiction and responsibility. China is part of Interpol so past a certain point they would have to acknowledge the investigation and contribute. It would also harm their image in the global south if the US turned up evidence, where their image is currently in excellent shape and they'd want to keep it that way.

There's not enough information available to say if America and China are jointly responsible or not responsible. The virus could still be natural.

The US should do a proper investigation wherever it has jurisdiction and responsibility. China is part of Interpol so past a certain point they would have to acknowledge the investigation and contribute. It would also harm their image in the global south if the US turned up evidence, where their image is currently in excellent shape and they'd want to keep it that way.

Everybody knows China is an Orwellian autocracy. And there's no way they're going to let foreign countries inside their country to do an investigation. They routinely lie about their economy and about covid among other things.

Everybody knows China is an Orwellian autocracy.
Everybody who relies on Western corporate media for their information, yes. To a lot of the world they're bringing hope of breaking from US hegemony. That's why there's a wait list of over 30 countries wanting to join BRICS.

In the long run, if the USA wants more influence within China, it will have to become a more mature, more diplomatic, and more productive member of the international community, with fewer bombings and sanctions.

Last edited:
Everybody who relies on Western corporate media for their information, yes. To a lot of the world they're bringing hope of breaking from US hegemony. That's why there's a wait list of over 30 countries wanting to join BRICS.

In the long run, if the USA wants more influence within China, it will have to become a more mature, more diplomatic, and more productive member of the international community, with fewer bombings and sanctions.
Why do you ignore every decietful, cruel, draconian thing the CCP does?

Also where do you get your information about China?

Why do you ignore every decietful, cruel, draconian thing the CCP does?

Also where do you get your information about China?
It's not up to you and me: listen to people of color all over the third world, they prefer multipolarism to Western hegemony.

In the case of China I happen to know some people who have lived or are living there, but in general I use a lot of independent (non-legacy) media.

It's not up to you and me: listen to people of color all over the third world, they prefer multipolarism to Western hegemony.

In the case of China I happen to know some people who have lived or are living there, but in general I use a lot of independent (non-legacy) media.
And they all say China is an upstanding country? :o

Is there a way to challenge Western hegemony without supporting dystopic dictatorships?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"