The not a vs but a war thread.

The Question said:
Deathstroke and Deadshot VS. Deadpool and Taskmaster.

I'll put this one up next.

But for now:

darkseid.gif

Darkseid.

VS.

Kang.jpg

Kang
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/Vanguard07/Kang.jpg

Okay, I'm going to say Kang ONLY because he can bring in more Kangs... its something he's done before.

well... strike that, Darkseid is too powerful, he'd wipe the floor with powerless Kang, no matter what tech he pulls out.

Calendar Man said:
Batman would win. Resourceful? You have to be to smack around Superman all the time. It would be a cool battle but I can't ever see Fury beating Bats.
Against Fury you're f---ing kidding me...with every dirty trick...Fury would drop a friggin helicarrier on top of Wayne Manor, flood his cave and business with SHIELD agents and f---ing bag him like a rodent

You cant strike back against Kang unless he allows it. If he's in one of his headquarters' outside of time/space then it'd be impossible for Darkseid to reach him. also Kang's got an infinite ammount of resources. Infinite minions with infinite weapons and near infinite tech to summon and send in till they get the job done.
Plus he's got all the time in the world. (infinite worlds actually) to conquer apocalypse.
I think he'd just sit at home drinking fine wines while billions upon billions of the greatest soldiers in the history of countless different timelines with incredibly advanced weaponry and technology and practically infallible intel swarm past Apokalips defences and eventually wear Darkseid down.

So i'm guessing nobody's got any further arguments for this match? Should I just wrap it up and move on to the next one?

Vanguard07 said:
So i'm guessing nobody's got any further arguments for this match? Should I just wrap it up and move on to the next one?
yes try some female characters this time

Vanguard07 said:
You cant strike back against Kang unless he allows it. If he's in one of his headquarters' outside of time/space then it'd be impossible for Darkseid to reach him.

Darkseid's OE can travel interdimensionally and through space/time, So hiding in an alternate universe won't protect him from being vaporized. Darkseid also has a vast amount of resources at his disposal.

ShadowBoxing said:
Against Fury you're f---ing kidding me...with every dirty trick...Fury would drop a friggin helicarrier on top of Wayne Manor, flood his cave and business with SHIELD agents and f---ing bag him like a rodent

Or just bring him in for a bunch of laws Wayne broke....Child Endangerment, Vigilanteism, driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle

Vanguard07 said:
You cant strike back against Kang unless he allows it. If he's in one of his headquarters' outside of time/space then it'd be impossible for Darkseid to reach him. also Kang's got an infinite ammount of resources. Infinite minions with infinite weapons and near infinite tech to summon and send in till they get the job done.
Plus he's got all the time in the world. (infinite worlds actually) to conquer apocalypse.
I think he'd just sit at home drinking fine wines while billions upon billions of the greatest soldiers in the history of countless different timelines with incredibly advanced weaponry and technology and practically infallible intel swarm past Apokalips defences and eventually wear Darkseid down.

The thing is, Darkseid could reach Kang's fortress. Darkseid's omega effect allows him to travel through time and space.

newmexneon said:
Darkseid's OE can travel interdimensionally and through space/time, So hiding in an alternate universe won't protect him from being vaporized. Darkseid also has a vast amount of resources at his disposal.

So is the Omega Effect guarunteed to vaporize Kang?

I guess I'm asking, who's taken it and kept fighting?

Yeah Darkseids OE can travel through space time but that doesnt mean he can find Kang in his hideouts. In the avengers forever series the Avengers hid the sphynx outside of time and space so Immortus couldnt find it. and he couldnt. Immortuse is likely very better at finding things in other times/dimensions than Darkseids OE is.

Okay we've got one argument for Darkseid "he's too powerful for Kang's tech" and three for Kang. "Infinite resources", "time travel" and "You cant find him"
I dont think any of the arguments for Kang were really countered so i'm giving this one to him.

3dman you wanted me to put up some female characters for the next one. Throw out some names. I'll post the next match in a few.

Vanguard07 said:
Yeah Darkseids OE can travel through space time but that doesnt mean he can find Kang in his hideouts. In the avengers forever series the Avengers hid the sphynx outside of time and space so Immortus couldnt find it. and he couldnt. Immortuse is likely very better at finding things in other times/dimensions than Darkseids OE is.

No, it's not. The Omega Effect finds you. No matter what. It locks onto you, it doesn't miss. It can go through other ddimensions and will track you until it does what Darkseid wants it to do. He can also use it in himsself to tarverse time/space (I think). And to answer bkhedr's question, the only person to take the Omega Effect when it was intended to kill and lived was Doomsday. There was a scene where Wonder Woman deflected it with her bracelettes, but that was a terrible example of the Omega Effect's abilities, so I don't count that.

Vanguard07 said:
Okay we've got one argument for Darkseid "he's too powerful for Kang's tech" and three for Kang. "Infinite resources", "time travel" and "You cant find him"

I dont think any of the arguments for Kang were really countered so i'm giving this one to him.

3dman you wanted me to put up some female characters for the next one. Throw out some names. I'll post the next match in a few.

Darkseid's got alot of resources aswell, time travel isn't a problem for him, and he can find Kang.

But how would it find Kang when Kang wouldnt exist in space time at all? Thats the whole point of leaving space/time. So you cant be found. The OE has travelled through time and space but has it ever left the entire field altogether?

and setting that part aside. How does he lock on his OE exactly? (legitimately curious). Does he just sit and think: "Lets kill a guy named Kang today" *FSHEOWWW!*
And even if he can find Kang through different timelines how would he possibly get the right one? I know Darkseid is incredibly powerful but i never listed omnescience as one of his abilities and there are as many Kangs as there are decisions he's made in his millenia spanning multi-universe conquest. Remember the council of infinite Kangs? How would Darkseid destroy the right one?

And finally Kang had programmed his armor back in the day to transport his consciousness instantly to a new body with a new armor in the event of his death. In this case we're assuming he's using EVERY dirty trick he's got so even though he stopped doing the infinite lives thing a while back he could do it again to counter the occasional disintegration. (lol the occasional disintegration is a great term to me)

I'll wait a few minutes in case anyone wants to counter these new arguments. In the meantime anybody who wants to can throw out some names for the next fight. (note: they dont HAVE to be crossover battles. We can just as easilly have people in the same universe fight each other)

Vanguard07 said:
But how would it find Kang when Kang wouldnt exist in space time at all? Thats the whole point of leaving space/time. So you cant be found. The OE has travelled through time and space but has it ever left the entire field altogether?

I'd asume that's how it traverses space and time.

Vanguard07 said:
and setting that part aside. How does he lock on his OE exactly? (legitimately curious). Does he just sit and think: "Lets kill a guy named Kang today" *FSHEOWWW!*
And even if he can find Kang through different timelines how would he possibly get the right one? I know Darkseid is incredibly powerful but i never listed omnescience as one of his abilities and there are as many Kangs as there are decisions he's made in his millenia spanning multi-universe conquest. Remember the council of infinite Kangs? How would Darkseid destroy the right one?

He wants a guy dead, then the guy he wants dead is dead. He wants Kang dead, then the Kand he wants dead will die. That's how the Omega Effect works.

Vanguard07 said:
And finally Kang had programmed his armor back in the day to transport his consciousness instantly to a new body with a new armor in the event of his death. In this case we're assuming he's using EVERY dirty trick he's got so even though he stopped doing the infinite lives thing a while back he could do it again to counter the occasional disintegration. (lol the occasional disintegration is a great term to me)

The thing is, the Omega Effect can do more than just kill you if Darkseid wants. It can turn you into all manner of unpleasant things. It can transport you to all manner of unpleasant places. And then, there's the ultimate thing it can do. It can un-create you. Not just kill you, but un-create you. It's as if you and the stuff that you were made up of never existed in the first place. No way Kang gets away from that.

Okay. I'll accept that, as much of a stretch as i think that is. Lemme ask one thing though. Darkseid time travels by using his OE on himself right? so in order to perform temporal feats he has to actively use his OE first?
If thats the case the Darkseid'd never have any chance at winning in the first place. Kang can freeze time altogether and fight the entire war against Darkseid in infintescimal span of time between one nanosecond and the next. Yes Darkseid could probably get himself out of the frozen timeline but he'd be taken out too fast. It wouldnt matter how fast you or your perceptions are either. You'd just be frozen and people would be killing you before any measure of time at all had passed.

Does Darkseid have any counter to that?

Jeez...how do Darkseid and Kang ever lose if they can do these things?

That's what I was thinking

Kang loses cause he's a tool. He usually has a sense of "fairplay". He'll give himself huge advantages in a battle but he'll also give his opponents a chance. (usually a small one) only rarely does he completely stack the deck against his foes but since this is an all out situation this'd be one of those cases. I dunno how Darkseid loses. Probably a similar attitude.

So who should i put up for the next match?

Okay so we're going with Kang for the win on this one.

Someone requested female characters for the next match-up. this was the best match I could think of that qualified:

Widow.jpg

Black Widow.

VS

huntress.jpg

Huntress

Vanguard07 said:
Okay. I'll accept that, as much of a stretch as i think that is. Lemme ask one thing though. Darkseid time travels by using his OE on himself right? so in order to perform temporal feats he has to actively use his OE first?
If thats the case the Darkseid'd never have any chance at winning in the first place. Kang can freeze time altogether and fight the entire war against Darkseid in infintescimal span of time between one nanosecond and the next. Yes Darkseid could probably get himself out of the frozen timeline but he'd be taken out too fast. It wouldnt matter how fast you or your perceptions are either. You'd just be frozen and people would be killing you before any measure of time at all had passed.

Does Darkseid have any counter to that?

Not sure. Really, it'd be a close fight. It could easily go either way.

Vanguard07 said:
Kang loses cause he's a tool. He usually has a sense of "fairplay". He'll give himself huge advantages in a battle but he'll also give his opponents a chance. (usually a small one) only rarely does he completely stack the deck against his foes but since this is an all out situation this'd be one of those cases. I dunno how Darkseid loses. Probably a similar attitude.

Sort of. It's also because of what he veiws as a victory. He could kill most of his oponents quite easily. He could wipe Superman out of existance with a glance. But he doesn't want to kill Superman. He wants to beat him. To break him. To cause him to lose faith in everything he ever believed in. To crush him beneath his heel, and bend him to his will. He takes so much more pleasure in toying with people than flat out killing them. He even does it to his own people:

Realizing that even he was capable of dying, Darkseid gathered his leutenants together, to tell them who would rule Apokolipse should Darkseid ever fall. All of them argued about it, boasting why they would be the best rulers. It was quite obvious that none of them would ever agree to elect any of the others as ruler. Then, suddenly, Darkseid walked in. He held out a peice of paper, and told them that it said who would rule should he fall. He placed it on the table and left. His leutenants quickly grabed it and opened it. All it said was "the strongest".

So yeah, his love of ****ing with people's heads is what leads to his downfall most of the time.

The Omega effect technically shouldn't be able to do ANYTHING to someone who isn't connected to the source ie a person from the marvel universe.

Okay maybe a slight exaggeration.. but it can't erase a person from the source if they aren't connected to it in the first place

Isn't it obvious that Batman would win in every situation, even the ones he's not a part of?

Guyverjay said:
The Omega effect technically shouldn't be able to do ANYTHING to someone who isn't connected to the source ie a person from the marvel universe.

Okay maybe a slight exaggeration.. but it can't erase a person from the source if they aren't connected to it in the first place

Hmmmm. Interesting idea. But then again, the Omega Effect is simply anti creation. Maybe it could uncreate someone from another world. Besides, I'd think DC's source and Marvel's One Above All would be connected, if they're in the multiverse together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"