The OFFICIAL 2007 SUPERHERO HYPE AWARDS (in Technicolor)

now his whole discography is running rampant in my head...

sweet caroline

please shoot me

By the time you get to "Cracklin' Rosie" you'll want to stab your eardrums out.

jag

Could be worse.

Like say...Michael Boltony.

Well now you're Kingdom Come Superman, and BRUTAL is Magog. :(

Well now you're Kingdom Come Superman, and BRUTAL is Magog. :(
I would have to say that the Lounges and the ignorance therein would be the the Magog of the Hype.
I see myself as more of a Deadman.

I would have to say that the Lounges and the ignorance therein would be the the Magog of the Hype.
I see myself as more of a Deadman.
Picky picky. :o

DOG LIPS doesn't count. :o

He doesn't know about it :grin:

Ladies and Gentlemen and you too Dog Lips,

I welcome you all to the 2nd Annual Superhero Hype Awards. 2007, Execution Style!!! Is it more than than 2? I don't know but it's all I can remember.

I am your most esteemed and gracious host Erzengel, you might remember me from such things as Hype Deathmatches and Survivor or your sister's room last night.

It is my honor, no not honor, what's the opposite of honor? Shame? Shame to bring to you the awards for individual achievements in Hypedom.

A thread was made, pms were sent and the posters of SHH have spoken.

Alright, let's see those categories.

Poster Awards
Funniest Poster - Wilhelm-Scream/Mee
Smartest Poster - Jaguarr
It Boy (in which you vote for the coolest, most idolized male) - Erzengel
It Girl (same, but with different naughty parts) - DBella
Newbie of the Year (must have joined the Hype in 2007)- Logan's Runt
Dick of the Year (Worst Poster) - Memphis Slim
Comics Poster of the Year (Comics forums only)- TheCorpulent1
Poster of the Year - Mee
Best Banned Poster (Must have been banned in 2007) - Holly
Hottest Male Poster - Kevinpenni
Hottest Female Poster - DBella
Most Racist Poster- Memphis Slim
Biggest Attention smoree- Artist-Chick
Least Intelligent Poster- Ice-Man

Profile Awards

Best Overall Profile- DOG LIPS
Worst Overall Profile- J Alba's Lover

Thread Awards

Community Thread of the Year- I am saving up to go to Barranquilla Colombia by Ghostrider87
Funniest Thread of the Year- I am saving up to go to Barranquilla Colombia by Ghostrider87
Hype! Thread of the Year (any forum)- I am saving up to go to Barranquilla Colombia by Ghostrider87
Most Inane Thread (any forum)- The Lounges

Miscellaneous Awards
Hypetime Achievement Award (in which you vote for a Hype legend) except for TheManofBat. He won last year. - The Lizard
Moderator of the Year (This could be any person who was a mod this year) - Hunter Rider
Best Fan Fic Story - M Hype-5 by The Numb3r (CMil216)
Best Fan Artist- Mee
Most Helpful With Technical Information - Jaguarr

I like to thank Brutal for making all the Awards. :up:

Winners feel free to make a speech thanking me, or anyone else you feel has helped you along your SHH career.

Congrats to the winners. :up:

Lets have an awesome '08.

Are you remembering the same Hype as everyone else? This place has always had a mean streak. :huh:

jag
Mean streak by the posters, Yes, But the administration used to try to keep the meanness to a minimum.

I just don't see the need to bash posters in this way.:csad:

Mean streak by the posters, Yes, But the administration used to try to keep the meanness to a minimum.

I just don't see the need to bash posters in this way.:csad:
How does for sh'ts and giggles strike you? :huh:

But honestly, these awards are mainly in jest but if they can make one look at oneself and reevaluate how they post here, great.

And mainly for sh'ts and giggles. :up:

How does for sh'ts and giggles strike you? :huh:

But honestly, these awards are mainly in jest but if they can make one look at oneself and reevaluate how they post here, great.

And mainly for sh'ts and giggles. :up:
"Sh'ts and giggles" is one thing but for Hype to give the OK to call one of it's posters a "Dick" and a "Racist" is something completely different IMO.

I'm sorry but I just feel that Hype, on the whole, should be above calling people names.

I'm sorry but I just feel that Hype, on the whole, should be above calling people names.

Namecalling has been a staple of internet message boards since day one. Mostly in good fun...but sometimes it is very apparent that a certain poster(s) are slanted/ignorant/meanspirited or just plain trolls. Is ignoring the fact that that certain poster acts that way the way the hype should be?

Namecalling has been a staple of internet message boards since day one. Mostly in good fun...but sometimes it is very apparent that a certain poster(s) are slanted/ignorant/meanspirited or just plain trolls. Is ignoring the fact that that certain poster acts that way the way the hype should be?
I'm not saying Hype should ignore it. What I'm saying is that Hype stooping to there level with name calling is not the way to deal with it. Hype has better ways of dealing with posters like that. Like probation or bannings.

I'm not saying Hype should ignore it. What I'm saying is that Hype stooping to there level with name calling is not the way to deal with it. Hype has better ways of dealing with posters like that. Like probation or bannings.

Sometimes public humiliation is more effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"