The Official 2012 SHH! Movie Awards Discussion Thread

Here are the Lifetime Achievement award winners!

I have counted all the nominees and here they are! Because of a tie, 4 get in!

Christian Bale

christianbalebatsuit.jpg

Hugh Jackman

wolverine.jpg

Joss Whedon

JossWhedon.jpg

Tim Burton

g7zCm.jpg

Total Recipients:

Christopher Nolan
Christopher Reeve
Richard Donner
Christian Bale
Tim Burton
Joss Whedon
Hugh Jackman

So happy to see Christian and Hugh as award winners. Very deserving winners all around :up:

That's exactly who I voted for, plus Bale. Cool stuff.

Cool that Anne placed 1 and 2 in the best actress category - winning for TDKR. :up:

Is it possible in the future to separate Best Picture from Superhero Movie of the year? Cause we all know it's gonna come down to whichever superhero movie comes out that year anyways lol.

I already did. It would be wrong to get rid of superhero movies from the BP category, or any theatrical movies for that matter. Plus, this year would be the first time a superhero movie has won in the three years I've been running it.

I already did. It would be wrong to get rid of superhero movies from the BP category, or any theatrical movies for that matter. Plus, this year would be the first time a superhero movie has won in the three years I've been running it.
Yeah, i guess the bolded bit is what i had in mind lol, so it was worth the try :oldrazz:. I just think it's a shame that great movies lose a possible spot in the poll due to superhero movies that already have their own poll to shine in.

Like I said, that's only been the case this year that superhero movies actually made the top 5.

I agree that superhero movies shouldn't be excluded from Best Picture. But maybe next year, since you have a "Comedy" category, you can have a "Drama" category as well, and specify that superhero movies belong in the "Blockbuster" category (but still qualify for the main Best Picture category), and are there for ineligible for "Best Comedy" and "Best Drama." Then maybe some of those other great movies could get their due as well.

I like that suggestion, flickchick :up:

Do these award threads still need to be stickied, you guys think? It's been almost four months since somebody posted in this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"