The Official SHH! Movie Awards Discussion Thread

Mrs. Sawyer

Avenger
Reaction score
This thread is not for nominees or voting, but it is for discussion of the awards. The awards threads will be starting December 26th!

It's nearing the end of the year, which means it's time for the 2nd incarnation of the annual SHH! Movie Awards.

Last year, we had one category: Movie of the year, which Inception won by a landslide. This time, it is being expanded into more categories!

Here is how it will work.

First you will nominate your top 3 in their respective threads. Movie of the year, best actor, and best actress you will be able to nominate 5 movies.

The top 3 with the most nominations of each (except for movie of the year, best actor, and best actress once again) will be put into a poll that will be added later to that.

Each nomination thread will open at 10pm of their respective days. Each two categories closes as the other two opens. Same as the polls. You can only vote for one.

Movie of the year - Vote for your favorite movie of the year
Last year's winner: Inception
2011 winner: Drive

Best actor - Vote for your favorite acting performance

2011 winner: (Tie) Jean Durjardin, The Artist and Ryan Gosling, Drive

Best actress - Same as Best actor

2011: Rooney Mara, Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Best Comedic performance - Vote for the actor who made you laugh the most, or your favorite character in a comedy.

2011 winner: Ryan Gosling, Crazy Stupid Love.

Best Comedy movie - Vote for your favorite comedy movie.

2011 winner: Tie: Bridesmaids and Horrible Bosses

Best Blockbuster - Vote for your favorite big budget movie.

2011 winner: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Badass of the year - Vote for your favorite badass.

2011 winner: The Driver (Ryan Gosling) - Drive

Best Indie - Vote for your favorite independent movie

2011 winner: Tree Of Life

Superhero Movie Lifetime achievement award

2011 recipients:
Christopher Nolan
Christopher Reeve
Richard Donner

(vote for anyone who had to do with the development of the movies. Directors, Writers, Producers in addition to Actors are eligible) - This is for all time, and not just 2011.

Favorite scene/moments Vote for your favorite scene or moment of the year, whether it be the funny, awesome, or surprising

2011 winner: Caesar yells No! - Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Here is the schedule: In paranthesis are the dates in which the threads will be open for voting.
Decmber 26th (December 29th)
Best comedy: Tie: Bridesmaids and Horrible Bosses
Best comedic performance: Ryan Gosling, Crazy Stupid Love

January 2nd (January 5th)
Favorite scene/moment: Caesar yells No! - Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Badass of the year: The Driver (Ryan Gosling) - Drive

January 9th (January 12th)
Best Blockbuster - Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
Best Indie - The Tree of Life

January 19th (January 23rd)
Best Actor: (Tie) Jean Durjardin, The Artist and Ryan Gosling, Drive
Best Actress: Rooney Mara, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

January 23rd (January 26th)
Superhero movie lifetime achievement award:

Christopher Nolan
Christopher Reeve
Richard Donner

Movie of the year:

Drive
So discuss about the awards. Who will you be nominating? Will you be campaigning for anyone to win a certain award? What do you think of the award categories?

Discuss away!

Last edited:
Hello, i don't remember if it was you who i talked about in a thread i made some months ago where you said this year you were interested in expanding the awards, what do you think of a wort picture or worst thing in cinema award too?
To nominate the worst filme, or to nominate the worst anything related to cinema of the year

Sounds like a good idea, though I think since i was allowed 10 categories to be stickied at most, I think that will be a separate thing for February I can try to set up.

Last edited:
This is a very cool idea. I'll crank up my movie watching before nomination time :yay:

Great! What categories are any of you looking forward too.

For me, I think the favorite scene/moment of the year is gonna be an interesting and fun one.

When do the polls close? Being in Australia, I won't be able to see a lot of films until January or even February.

Well, movie of the year is the last week of January and that lasts a week.

Just nominate the movies you have seen.

Sounds awesome Parker.

You can't ****ing keep me out of here, Parker. :cmad:

Great! What categories are any of you looking forward too.

For me, I think the favorite scene/moment of the year is gonna be an interesting and fun one.

Badass of the Year. We all know who that is. :cwink:

If I had to vote now, it would be between Magneto, Hanna and The Driver for me. I'll give Captain America, Neville Longbottom and Thor some honorable mentions for now.

Haven't seen Mission Impossible yet, so that could be a factor too.

Thor would get vote for badass from me. I have a few idea for Favorite Scene.

I'll be voting and also have some nominations to throw in.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

That's right. :o

I'm like a vampire. Once I've found my way in, I'm here to stay.... to smear dog feces all over your couch and makes sandwiches out of all of your good lunchmeats..... come to think of it, Cosmo Kramer probably fits that description more than a vampire would, so..... yeah. :o

That's right. :o

I'm like a vampire. Once I've found my way in, I'm here to stay.... to smear dog feces all over your couch and makes sandwiches out of all of your good lunchmeats..... come to think of it, Cosmo Kramer probably fits that description more than a vampire would, so..... yeah. :o

Where's my cross and stake.......

Wooden stakes have no effect on Cosmo Kramer. :o

You're right. Only racist backlash has an effect on Cosmo Kramer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"