The Official Alien/Mythical Race Thread For Thor:TDW

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
By now I'm sure all of you know about the Kronans showing up in Thor:TDW. Personally I'm excited to see such diversity among the races so far and I can't wait until we find out about more. The first film only showed Asgardians and Frost Giants, so I'm glad to see MS stepping it up a notch for the sequel.

So what do you guys think about the inclusion of the Kronans so far and what other races do you hope to see?

kronans.jpg

3090087-korg-wwh_aftersmash-warbound%231-%26company.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see some Trolls, a glimpse of the Rigellians and, maybe, a mention about the Korbinites.

Kronans are showing up? Cool. I'm glad they are tying Thor more into the cosmic universe than keeping him quartered in his mythic one.

I would like to see the Trolls, definitely the badoon now that it's hinted. I can wait for the Korbinites. I want to see fire demons.

Please let there be a mention of the Olympians.... Please let there be a mention of the Olympians.... Please let there be a mention of the Olympians.... Please let there be a mention of the Olympians....

By now I'm sure all of you know about the Kronans showing up in Thor:TDW. Personally I'm excited to see such diversity among the races so far and I can't wait until we find out about more. The first film only showed Asgardians and Frost Giants, so I'm glad to see MS stepping it up a notch for the sequel.

So what do you guys think about the inclusion of the Kronans so far and what other races do you hope to see?

kronans.jpg

3090087-korg-wwh_aftersmash-warbound%231-%26company.jpg

It kind of reminds me of The Thing.

Kronans are showing up? Cool. I'm glad they are tying Thor more into the cosmic universe than keeping him quartered in his mythic one.

Same here, I always preferred Thor to be handled with a combination of mythic and cosmic elements.

I would like to see the Trolls, definitely the badoon now that it's hinted. I can wait for the Korbinites. I want to see fire demons.

I agree with all of this, I'd like for the fire demons to be shown at the end along with a silouette of Surtur.

His catchphrase is: NOW IS THE APPROPRIATE MOMENT TO ENGAGE IN A PHYSICAL ALTERCATION!! :woot:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha this is one of the funniest posts I've seen in awhile. :lmao:

Last edited:
Ms. Marvel gave me the set up. I just had to knock it down. I'll be at the Chuckle Hut from August 1st through the 10th. Try the veal.

^ True, props to both of you and I'll be sure to come down to see you. :woot:

I've heard this talk of Kronans, but I'm not sure where it came from. Did someone working in the movie said they'd be there, or was there footage at comic con, or what?

I'm pumped that they're in. I hope alien gods (kinda like in TheGod Butcher) are mentioned or briefly seen. And of course Olympians (they might be able to wait til Thor 3). And then the standard Badoon, Korbinites, and all mythological species. Not all of them in The Dark World, but in the third movie and hopefully fourth as well.

I've heard this talk of Kronans, but I'm not sure where it came from. Did someone working in the movie said they'd be there, or was there footage at comic con, or what?

I'm pumped that they're in. I hope alien gods (kinda like in TheGod Butcher) are mentioned or briefly seen. And of course Olympians (they might be able to wait til Thor 3). And then the standard Badoon, Korbinites, and all mythological species. Not all of them in The Dark World, but in the third movie and hopefully fourth as well.

Christopher Yost confirmed the Kronans being in the film, he's one of the writers.

Please let there be a mention of the Olympians.... Please let there be a mention of the Olympians.... Please let there be a mention of the Olympians.... Please let there be a mention of the Olympians....

I highly doubt they ever involve them.

I'm going to make a bold suggestion here and say several alien races will be in the movie if only as a cameo or a blink or you'll miss it appearance.

I certainly hopw we get to see the aliens shown in the prequel comics

Christopher Yost confirmed the Kronans being in the film, he's one of the writers.
lol I keep calling them the Saturnmen, "Kronan" sounds like a danish

If you're going to Starbucks get me a venti latte and a couple of Kronans. I like dipping them.

I highly doubt they ever involve them.

Yeah and I wouldn't blame them for it there's a such thing as "too much".

I'm going to make a bold suggestion here and say several alien races will be in the movie if only as a cameo or a blink or you'll miss it appearance.

I wouldn't mind that actually, as long as a respectable amount of them are shown and talked about fully.

T"Challa;26498261 said:
I certainly hopw we get to see the aliens shown in the prequel comics

Same here, that's what I've been hoping for since the prequel comics were released.

^ Woah nice find, I'd love for the Kronans to actually look like that in the movie and hopefully there are more than one. I say that because I want to see some of them put up a fight and the one from the SDCC definately didn't.

Good point, that makes a great deal of sense now that I think about it.

Yep. If a Kronan was in the movie as a big orange rock monster, parts of the audience would start to whisper: "Cool... the Thing is in this."

BTW, I would like to see Olympians (some day), ice giant (which are not to be confused with frost giants), trolls (they have to be in a Thor movie and not in a Thor thread :cwink:) and maybe dwarfs.

BTW, I would like to see Olympians (some day), ice giant (which are not to be confused with frost giants), trolls (they have to be in a Thor movie and not in a Thor thread :cwink:) and maybe dwarfs.

Agreed on trolls. I'd have loved it if Ulik were leading the "Marauders" if it fit with story, even if it was little more than a cameo. I guess we have the Kronan for our fanboy cameo instead. Even a troll or two fighting amongst the Marauders would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"