The Official Aquaman costume thread!

Like I said in another thread, I like that golden belt/thingy very much. They should have done something like this for Momoa's costume instead of that plain and crude buckle on a belt.

I am not too fond of this particular cuirass' brown color. And I just feel there's too much color overall, they should go for darker gold/bronze like the scales on pants are.

Like I said in another thread, I like that golden belt/thingy very much. They should have done something like this for Momoa's costume instead of that plain and crude buckle on a belt.

I am not too fond of this particular cuirass' brown color. And I just feel there's too much color overall, they should go for darker gold/bronze like the scales on pants are.

I agree with this. To me, he looks more like a semi-generic Roman warrior than Aquaman.

Usually heroes get different costumes every movie, so there is no 'final' superhero outfit. Whether he has a traditional costume is a different story. Though even as an Aquaman fan, I've never been a fan of the classic look.

Last edited:
I certainly hope so.It looks incomplete.throw in a breastplate

the_aquaman_by_fooray-d8p0ov4.jpg

Love this fan art.Not just because of the color but because Aquaman doesnt look like a Wild barabarian in it.His hair and beard are Tidy

Yeah it's a very cool Namor redesign. Great stuff.

^^ :funny: Really does it have too much difference :whatever:

In other news... this is Aquaman's new costume... Would you like to see something like this for JL?

CFAlzXUUkAEj5IO.jpg

It'd be an improvement, but we could still do better.

Little fun snippet from an interview with the costume designer

"It was pretty hard to get Jason to get out of his Aquaman costume. It really became part of him.

I hope he wears a "royal vest" that would be the orange/golden scale or something similar at some point in the solo movie. Would be a great nod to the original costume.

4400389_orig.jpg

Nice use of Nolan's wristwatch belt. It actually looks much better as Aquaman's belt with "A" than it did as Batman's utility one.

^^^ Indeed.... it looks good for Aquaman.

And as for the vest maybe for Battle Armor or royal maybe from an ancestor king of Atlantis?

Last edited:
I am quite fond of the short-sleeved scalemail like the one posted above, but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Atlanteans won't be wearing any kind of heavy armor when in underwater battles, but will have more barbaric, primitive look to them. It's not just that it's hard to take that they're swimming and fighting while wearing something like that underwater, but would probably be very complicated to execute in the filming itself if they use one of those underwater studios for such scenes.

I guess that if they make Atlantis under the bubble, they could wear something like this inside it, primarily king's royal guard, though if they go into battles and hunt and do everything else without armor, I guess it would seem a bit pointless for them to wear it in the city.

I am quite fond of the short-sleeved scalemail like the one posted above, but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Atlanteans won't be wearing any kind of heavy armor when in underwater battles, but will have more barbaric, primitive look to them. It's not just that it's hard to take that they're swimming and fighting while wearing something like that underwater, but would probably be very complicated to execute in the filming itself if they use one of those underwater studios for such scenes.

I guess that if they make Atlantis under the bubble, they could wear something like this inside it, primarily king's royal guard, though if they go into battles and hunt and do everything else without armor, I guess it would seem a bit pointless for them to wear it in the city.

I agree, but like I said, it would be like a royal, cerimonial thing he uses as their king. Could be just for a couple of scenes, too.

Like in Throne of Atlantis where he wears this for a bit

Justice-League-Throne-of-Atlantis-Movie-Review-Image-11.jpg

Indeed. That would make sense and it would be nice to see little nod toward the scale-mail costume like this.

I am actually starting to think that the UNITE THE SEVEN look is only for BvS and that the look he has for the solo will be different. The filming is a ways off and we got that look so early. I am inclined now to think that the look we see now is tied into the plot of BvS and that Wan could go in a different direction in the solo film.

Well that Justice League concept art from SDCC did show him with the same costume he wears in BvS, but I guess plenty could change along the way. From the early concept arts to final designs, they could all end up wearing different costumes.

or having another extra costume or improving it at the end of the solo :shrug:

Last edited:
Yeah. Though I really hope they'll avoid the "new movie, new costume" rule. If it's not broken don't fix it I say.

And Nolan managed to pull two films with the same costume with TDK and TDKR, so it's not impossible it would seem. True, the costume was crap, but that's not the point.

If Aquaman looks like that Fan art then I dont care its not the classic
Its awesome.

Yeah. Though I really hope they'll avoid the "new movie, new costume" rule. If it's not broken don't fix it I say.

And Nolan managed to pull two films with the same costume with TDK and TDKR, so it's not impossible it would seem. True, the costume was crap, but that's not the point.

To add to your point, I quite liked the Batman Begins costume. And they changed it.

To add to your point, I quite liked the Batman Begins costume. And they changed it.

Indeed. I don't expect them to mess it up to exactly this extent, but when you got near perfect costumes, forcing any change on them just for the sake of change carries a risk of ruining them, sooner or later.

Well they will change. minor or major... It's called Marketing... as in the alcoholic drinks presentation you've seen changed over the years :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"