The Official Aquaman costume thread!

Well they will change. minor or major... It's called Marketing... as in the alcoholic drinks presentation you've seen changed over the years :o

Indeed. I'm just saying, **** marketing. Why change something that looks good already? Like aNarcHy2day mentioned, that's how we got the TDK suit.

And I don't know about that... bottle of Jameson has got a pretty much consistent look in the last few decades. :oldrazz:

I think it's been posted some time ago, but it's always nice to see it again.

I only noticed the water drops on him in high res photo, by the way.

Those eyes..... This pic is so bad@rse

Oh, I didn't notice the water droplets on him either. Neat! He looks great.

Aquaman action figure confims: Blonde streaks, golden trident, brown strap, golden boots

25jv8lz.jpg

Glad he is sporting the green leggings and the gold accents.

Love the costume. I understand why some might not due to the dark hair and tattoos, but I think it's s perfect blend of Peter David's take on the character and new additions of its own.

I was actually expecting Aquaman to have bare feet like in Young Justice.

Why aren't there tattoos on his arm.

Boots? That's an odd choice.

Anyway, I've been saying that his hair has blonde streaks since the reveal of the photo, but does anyone believe the old dog? Of course not. :o

There's no way in hell that trident is gold though.

Why wouldn't it be? The color was completely removed in other parts as well.

Well it looks as it's solid silverish/steel, but as I said in the other thread Wonder Woman's lasso also appeared white in official photo and it's actually gold, so who knows? You may be right.

The coolest Aquaman has ever looked imo.

I'm an Aquaman fan in spite of the classic look, not because of it.

Though that being said, I would love to see the golden mail at some point in a future movie.

Well it looks as it's solid silverish/steel, but as I said in the other thread Wonder Woman's lasso also appeared white in official photo and it's actually gold, so who knows? You may be right.

I didn't even remember the silver lasso. That's right.
I still suspect both first WW image and Aquaman's are actually Black & White and they colorized them.

I didn't even remember the silver lasso. That's right.
I still suspect both first WW image and Aquaman's are actually Black & White and they colorized them.

Quite possibly, or they more likely filtered most of the photos and completely killed the color and added another one in some parts... don't know why though.

As for that toy, I'm starting to think that Aquaman is wearing golden greaves and not boots, but the footwear is colored gold as well by mistake. I mean, it's not the best quality of the toy, for one it lacks arm tattoos and triangular details on the armor that are supposed to be black. That hip piece is also black for most part.

Still, it confirms that his hair is dyed blonde as suspected. I'd really like if this was a status symbol of royalty, a substitute for crown in Atlantean culture.

Last edited:
So, according to Wilkinson, Aquaman will have two costumes.

I'm willing to bet that the "second costume" is just a cuirass he throws on top of this one.

Anyway, given that the costume we saw is very Roman Gladiator inspired, I don't see them deviating from that particular aesthetic:

7c39add295c00fe74f1a297339ef3549.jpg

I'd expect something along the lines of Roman lamellar armor:

b8877dc0d606607f44f1e2f44f4cc043.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, he said he would develop a different look over time, which could include more than a different costume. Like a different haircut too.

Actually, he said he would develop a different look over time, which could include more than a different costume. Like a different haircut too.

I do hope not. I've no desire to see classic Aquaman on screen. Peter David inspired one works for me quite well. If he could just not go all bare-chested all the time, even better, but there's really no need to deviate from this look all that much.

idk. I think if they move Aquaman from a Peter David esque Aquaman look to a more classic/New 52 Aquaman, they have to explain it well, instead of just doing it (I am still one who believes if done right the classic Aquaman look can be well received).

It's not hard to explain. At this point he may still not have accepted his role as Atlantis' King, or he has abidcated the throne for some reason, and so he's kind of a renegade.

Or he simply wanted to change his style. I don't give any sort of explanation when I decide to cut my hair and shave off the beard. :oldrazz:

Still, I don't want this as it makes him look more generic as opposed to the majestic, Arthurian, king of old times vibe he gives off with beard and longer hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"