The Official ASM Sequel News/Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Marvel Spider, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Web face

Web face Well-Known Member

web shooters aren't "gnarly" enough haha jk.
    Speaking of which, do you think that Peter could make spider-tracers that he can shoot with his web shooters? Also, do you guys think they might take some inspiration from Ben Rielly for the web shooters?

2. Marvel Spider

Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

Not bad. I'd bring back more ASM suit elements though (the "gnarly webshooters", the ASM spider symbol, etc.)

I'd like to see the spider tracers. And I'm thinking they'll go somewhere that's different from the Reilly shooters. I wouldn't want them, to be honest. They're too...distracting.

3. cryptic name

cryptic name No Limits

This is a bit of a non-sequitor, but the one thing I want more than anything in the sequel is a scene where Spidey is talking to someone while just chilling on a wall or hanging upside down from a web. He does way too much standing in all these movies. Webb got close by having him doing his homework while hanging upside down from a wall, but I need more.

4. Web face

Web face Well-Known Member

He did that a lot in the 90's toon right? Like people would be walking and talking while he would be crawling on the ceiling and talking.
    @Pac-Master -- Yeah I guess going with the Rielly shooters would stick out a little too much, but I think it would be cool if you could see a couple of cartridges on his wrist.

5. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

Yeah I want that too!

6. Gabe99

Gabe99 Well-Known Member

The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Setting A Course For Blighty

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  7. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

Naah, I think that's just a random name and nothing more than that.

8. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

Whenever they film a movie, they always give it a random production title. "London Calling" has nothing to do with the plot. If Gwen actually did go to the UK (which I'm certain won't be the case) then that would be a coincidence.

9. Marvel Spider

Did you guys miss the part where it says it'll be filming in the UK?

10. Marvel Spider

I just realized how cool it is that we're finally getting to see the Death of Gwen Stacy portrayed on the big screen in this trilogy. :awesome:

11. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

Did you miss the part where the film is being shot entirely in New York? London Calling is the production title.

12. Superhero 101

Great New of DeHaan being cast as Osbourne

13. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

I really hope this film actually adds the elements of Spider-Man that made it a popular franchise in the first place. The problem with the first film is that it didn't actually feel like a Spider-Man film, it felt like something Sony cane up with to differentiate itself from the past trilogy. The "origin story" completely glossed over what ti meant for Peter to actually become Spider-Man, the overarching "parent's secret" storyline takes away from the main Spider-Man villains and is totally contradictory to the essence of Spider-Man's character, and it felt like the only thing the film really got right was Peter and Gwen's relationship. Hopefully, with the new beginning growing pains out of the way, Webb will create a Spider-Man film that actually feels like a Spider-Man film. More focus on Peter's inner thoughts and his struggles becoming a man and taking responsibility for his powers, more development and characterization for the main villain, and less of that ******** parents storyline that's really just a farce to the Spider-Man character. I fear though that this film will be just like the first because it seems like Webb is a teenage romance drama expert and doesn't have a good feel for the rest of Spider-Man's character.

14. Marathon

Marathon Well-Known Member

No Mysterio, no interest.

15. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I'm hardly on the Spiderman boards. What's the general reaction of Foxx as Electro?

16. bullets

bullets bang bang

It was met with a lot of cynicism , but I think people are warming up to the choice.

17. Marvel Spider

Actor Asim Ahmad is playing Dr. Michael Morbius, who of course becomes Morbius The Living Vampire in the comics. I bet that it's a role similar to Connors in SM2-SM3, and he won't transform.

http://www.asimahmad.com/

SHH has said this is false information, but they more than likely asked if Morbius is a villain in the sequel or something. Ahmad is claiming it's a small role.

https://twitter.com/asimaahmad/status/278592862382325761

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  18. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

yeah im still very skeptical about this rumor. The Spectacular Spider-Man thing is unlikely. And if there is a Michael Morbius role I doubt he is gonna be a vampire.

19. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Well-Known Member

In comics and the tv shows they have more than one villain,so why is it sobhard to believe that they can in the movie?

20. SoNicRaDiATioN

SoNicRaDiATioN Well-Known Member

Well considering the biggest weakness in TASM was Connors' character arc (and the Lizard himself), I'd hope Sony would want to do a single villan well before they go for the multiple choice option.

21. GoldGoblin

^
    Two villains can work if they both fit the story,and if you make one villain the main villain and the other a minor villain.

22. SoNicRaDiATioN

SoNicRaDiATioN Well-Known Member

I'll agree with that, like Norman in the sequel being in the background. I'm just going on the idea that they want to go deeper into the parents story and have already added MJ and Harry as characters. Ther is only so much screentime to go around. Norman Osborn works in this context because of his connection to the parents. Electro and Morbius not so much.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  23. Marvel Spider

Like I said, I doubt he will transform. And he said the role is on only two pages, so him becoming a vampire will not happen.

24. GoldGoblin

Why would they have Morbius if he doesn't transform.

25. zeptron

zeptron Well-Known Member

Why have John Jameson and not have him transform into Man-Wolf?

And how many vampire movies and TV shows are floating around these days? Morbius should be one of the last villains even considered especially when more unique ones can be done. And this franchise is now being compared to Twilight. Don't need to give people another reason to make comparsions.

And I never really thought Spider-man and vampires went well together. If there's a Blade reboot, Morbius would fit moreso there.