The Amazing Spider-Man The Official ASM THEATRICAL TRAILER Thread! - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than two hours!

May lay down for a while first though lol. The older I get the harder it is to stay awake late.

dammit this thread was going by pretty quickly and the time was going by nice but now its slowed.. come on guys.. keep it up lol

A new thread almost just in time for the new trailer.

Hahaha!

an hour and forty five minutes to go!

RageFace.png

THREAD MANAGER.

I've always found it funny how theres been a thread for the official theatrical trailer all this time now. When it came out I thought "Shouldn't they wait until the trailer is released? Oh well its probably going to come out any time now"... half a year later, here we are, lol.

A minor complaint is that I hope the music is better/less generic than the music in the last trailer.

somethign to read.. i didnt know about that scene involving dr. ratha.. interesting..

About that footage… first up was the new trailer, which screened in 3D. This was followed by the brief Q&A, and then a non-3D sizzle reel of scenes and clips, some of which we've seen before at San Diego Comic-Con, and others of which were not entirely completed in terms of visual effects. The vibe of this new Spider-Man was very much on display -- that moodier, more realistic take on the Marvel character that we've been getting glimpses of as we come closer to the film's July release. Some particularly striking elements from the trailer and sizzle reel included:

- Spidey, seemingly handcuffed, sits on the street while surrounded by SWAT officers. He's in his costume but unmasked, and suddenly lurches up with his spider-speed and takes out the cops in a feat of acrobatic aggression.

- Spider-Man, in a continuation of the scene we've seen before, has webbed a would-be car thief to a wall. But here, a cop (or someone?) is now present and attempts to fire his gun at the wallcrawler at point-blank range, with Spidey able to simply step out of the way of the bullets.

- Much of the action in the trailer and sizzle reel seemed to take place on a bridge, which any Spider-Man fan will tell you brings a very specific Gwen Stacy storyline to mind.

- The Lizard was definitely on display, but largely in fleeting glimpses. We see Dr. Connors (Ifans) as he injects himself with his genetic whatchamacallit shot, which results in a new arm growing right before his (and our) eyes. I didn't catch any footage of the huge reptile in his lab coat, but his tail definitely comes into play -- it's seen choking Spidey at one point, and also lurking behind our hero in another shot. There were also bits of the wallcrawler and the Lizard wrestling with one another as they plummeted underwater.

the-amazing-spider-man-20120206031926042.jpg

- The actor Irrfan Khan, who plays "Dr. Ratha" as far as we know, has been little seen up until now. But in the sizzle reel he's trapped in a car on that aforementioned bridge, with the Lizard trying to claw his way in to the vehicle to get him. (Why is the Lizard specifically interested in this guy, who was rumored to be the Proto-Goblin at one point? Hmmmm.)

- Also spotted on that bridge were some unfinished effects of a bunch of cars hanging from the structure thanks to Peter's webs. Generally, though shots like these were largely incomplete today, one gets the impression that this film could have a larger scope than the Sam Raimi movies, despite rumors to the contrary.

- Speaking of webs, Spider-Man's artificial web-shooters are very cool. They're high-tech, they glow briefly when he fires them, and the webs themselves look much more "realistic," if you will, than Raimi's plastic lines. I can't wait for the prop replicas of these web-spinners.

- Gwen Stacy appears to come to know who Peter really is during the course of this film, as during one intimate scene between them she talks about how her father would leave the house every morning and strap his gun and badge on. The implication would seem to be that Peter is kind of doing the same thing now as Spidey.

- A tense dinner conversation between Captain Stacy and Peter shows that the police see Spider-Man as a masked menace, with Peter retorting that maybe Spidey is just trying to do what the cops can't do. Captain Stacy does not care for this remark, to say the least.

- Spider-Man winds up with a fair amount of bruises and wounds at some point (thanks Lizard!), as does Peter (thanks Flash!).

- Does Spider-Man leave a graffiti "spider tag" around town? So it would seem.

the-amazing-spider-man-20120206031925760.jpg

- It may be that Dr. Connors blames Peter for his own failures in life. He tells Peter that he and Peter's dad were going to "change the world" with their scientific work, but somehow Peter brought an end to that. Did the elder Parker choose his family over his science? Is this why the Lizard and Spider-Man come to blows? Also, Peter helps Connors develop the formula that eventually turns him into the Lizard.

- Some of that battle will take place atop high-rise antenna/tower type structures, one of which Spider-Man brings tumbling down… almost on himself, in fact, as it falls directly towards the viewer in 3D. (Though generally speaking, the 3D sequences screened today were not that memorable.)

There were plenty other bits and pieces flying at us throughout this presentation, but that's the gist of it. The bottom line is this movie is looking better and better the closer we get to it. Like Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, this is a new (cinematic at least) take on an old favorite. And it just might wind up being the superhero movie to beat this summer. Sorry, Avengers.

I'm watching the 94 spiderman cartoon too help the time pass before we get the trailer....it's helping a bit lol

Dumb question, but I'm an infrequent visitor to the Spidey boards, so let me get this straight: they're releasing the theatrical trailer at 3 AM Eastern Standard Time? I'm a little confused...first I heard it would be available the day of the Super Bowl, then apparently it was going to be released on Thursday.

Also, am I correct in believing this trailer will be 2:40 in length?

Dumb question, but I'm an infrequent visitor to the Spidey boards, so let me get this straight: they're releasing the theatrical trailer at 3 AM Eastern Standard Time? I'm a little confused...first I heard it would be available the day of the Super Bowl, then apparently it was going to be released on Thursday.

Also, am I correct in believing this trailer will be 2:40 in length?

It'll be released in a little under an 1 1/2 hours.

And the trailer is 2:24 long actually.

[drool]

I still say Lizard looks like crap though, judging from the merchandise art. It's probably just because I grew up as a Spidey fan in the 90s, but I'm used to Lizard having a snout and wearing a lab coat.

Nevertheless, it's a new Spider-Man movie, so whatever. Not a huge complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"