The Amazing Spider-Man The Official ASM THEATRICAL TRAILER Thread! - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the trailer if you pause at 1:36 when Spider-man is on the ground hand cuffed you can clearly see the bottom of his shoe. What are those black things on it? Are they suction cups or do you think it was already on the asics to begin with?

In the trailer if you pause at 1:36 when Spider-man is on the ground hand cuffed you can clearly see the bottom of his shoe. What are those black things on it? Are they suction cups or do you think it was already on the asics to begin with?

spiderman_shoes.jpg

so I guess his gloves will be thin and he can use his hands only to actually stick to the wall but use his spider strength to hold the rest of his body close to the ceiling. either that or the shoe will just have a thin sole.

so I guess his gloves will be thin and he can use his hands only to actually stick to the wall but use his spider strength to hold the rest of his body close to the ceiling. either that or the shoe will just have a thin sole.

Yes.

in the comics he wore shoes too so i don't see the big problem with him having shoes. even someone with superpowers will get sore feet if does he does all the thing he does without any shock absorbtion, and thats probably the main reason he has them.

We wear shoes to run because the sole is able to absorb the shock from the impact when our feet suddenly touch the ground, otherwise we could quite easily break our foot on the spot. why wouldn't it be any different for parker? (except for the superpower thing)

Looks like the holes to put spikes in that help get traction. Sprinters use them

Spidey's shoes have track spikes on them but they don't impair his ability to climb. That's not how his climbing power works.

Plus, I find it funny that SOOOOOOO many people are *****ing about that when in the Raimis series, which all of those people love, Peter climbed with shoes on in at least 1 scene in every movie, varying from sneakers to frickin dress shoes yet when the new Spidey wears sneakers with track spikes, World War 3 breaks out and this movie is gonna be the worst thing ever.......

BTW, I've watched The Social Network twice in the past day and I still think Jesse Eisenberg is the best actor to play Harry. He has that awkward bitterness the character needs and his chemistry with Andrew Garfield is some of the best I've ever seen on film.

There has always been the fictional conceit that, even when wearing shoes, Spider-man can climb walls using his feet. Everybody is just gonna have to imagine that there is a magical sticky force field that emits from his toes that goes through his shoes and sticks to the walls. I don't know much about spiders in nature, but I think that is probably how it works when they wear shoes as well.

BTW, I've watched The Social Network twice in the past day and I still think Jesse Eisenberg is the best actor to play Harry. He has that awkward bitterness the character needs and his chemistry with Andrew Garfield is some of the best I've ever seen on film.

I really don't think Jesse would be a very wise choice. Jesse IS a great actor, but to me, his acting style and his look don't go together to make Harry. I try to picture it in my head, and it just doesn't work for me.

Anton Yelchin. Spectacular Spider-Man's Harry Osborn come to life.

Peter Parker/Spider-man wears sneakers. I don't see an issue.

Everybody is just gonna have to imagine that there is a magical sticky force field that emits from his toes that goes through his shoes and sticks to the walls.

That's how it's been explained in the comics - static electricity

I think spiders do that too. I remember something like that on the Spider-man tech show.

Spidey's shoes have track spikes on them but they don't impair his ability to climb. That's not how his climbing power works.

Plus, I find it funny that SOOOOOOO many people are *****ing about that when in the Raimis series, which all of those people love, Peter climbed with shoes on in at least 1 scene in every movie, varying from sneakers to frickin dress shoes yet when the new Spidey wears sneakers with track spikes, World War 3 breaks out and this movie is gonna be the worst thing ever.......

Lol yeah I remember that scene. Maybe people are just pissed off because the suit has shoes too and that's different. apparently different=bad to many people

so... what was your favorite part of the trailer?

Yeah I love that scene. I heard the full thing is really good and what we saw isn't even the best part. Makes me really excited for just that scene and the humor alone.

^ People that got to see the footage at CC in San Diego last year and even the sneak peek stuff a month ago raved about the awesomeness and humor in the entirety of that scene.

Yeah I love that scene. I heard the full thing is really good and what we saw isn't even the best part. Makes me really excited for just that scene and the humor alone.

^ People that got to see the footage at CC in San Diego last year and even the sneak peek stuff a month ago raved about the awesomeness and humor in the entirety of that scene.
So there's more? Awesome!

So there's more? Awesome!

Yeah from what I heard, there's definitely more. Here's how I imagine the scene going down.
- thief breaks into car, he puts his head down to get the car started
- spider-man shows up in the back *quipping*
- thief gets out of the car, spider-man disappears and reappears in the distance (from the set photos), he runs and jumps over the hood of the car and onto the robber; thief gets flipped
- there's a standoff, thief pulls a knife; *quipping* (spidey gets down on his knees "is that a real knife?")
- webs the guy (one of the review states that spidey says "this is too easy" right after webbing the guy, first time I've heard that)
- spidey starts screwing with the guy some more (baseball web, sneezing web etc)
- cop shows up... etc etc

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he didn't say that. He did do everything else popularly mentioned, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"