[YT]5Y4TyEtY31o[/YT]

[YT]PEyJ2EEvRBU[/YT]

[YT]fup2KSfXTW8[/YT]

[YT]6a3NcwfOBzQ[/YT]

[YT]p4G2RlBKbrM[/YT]

[YT]TQXx-PKTOw0[/YT]

[YT]zWWJx4gpfMg[/YT]

Last edited:
The first one is awesome! Where did that video come from originally? Was it just unreleased before Beatles rock band?

The first video is an ad for The Beatles: Rock Band and yes, it's awesome. :yay:

did Lennon make up with the other guys before he died?

I heard he talked and hung out with McCartney a few times before he died, so I guess so.

Yeah, the saddest part was that it seemed Lennon was finally finding himself, becoming the man he really wanted to be, and then he was cut down.

Lennon and Harrison had a bit of a falling out over the fact that Harrison barely mentioned Lennon in his autobiography. Lennon was mad cause he felt he had a big impact on Harrison's life, which he did, to be honest.

As for Ringo...everyone likes Ringo, and Ringo didnt seem to have a problem with the other beatles...even when george admitted to being in love with his wife maureen

Yeah, and Ringo was surprisingly cool with it.:dry:

I can just imagine him finding out, shrugging his shoulders and going, "Well, peace and love, you know. He loved a piece of my wife, so what?"

I feel like the beatles had a "whatever" attitude regarding their first wives/girlfriends.

George didnt really seem to mind that his best friend Clapton was trying to diddle pattie, John just cheated on Cynthia constantly (and interestingly...never really wrote a song about her either), and Paul was a notorious hound while he was dating Jane Asher.

But yeah, if i were Ringo, I would've decked George in the face at least once. Its one thing to have your wife cheat on you...but with another beatle?

The Beatles seem to do better with foreigners than with British wives.

The Beatles seem to do better with foreigners than with British wives.
Haha, yeah that's true. Every time one of them has had a British wife, it's ended in divorce.

Last week my 8 year old son and my husband watched Yellow Submarine (the movie) for the first time. My son loved it (and goes around singing "We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine" over and over - unfortunately just the 1 line over and over...) My husband thought it was just too strange.

i love yellow submarine. its insanely imaginative. im not surprised kids love it.

I've recently gotten into a big Beatles kick and have been re-visiting their entire catalog. I've been listening to them since high school, but I'm starting to love them a lot more, and am working on buying up all their original albums. I just bought the remastered versions of Sgt. Pepper's and Past Masters and they sound great.

50 years ago today, these 4 guys from England went on the Ed Sullivan show and changed the landscape of music forever.

^ A fact that I think is lost on a lot of people today

50 years ago today, these 4 guys from England went on the Ed Sullivan show and changed the landscape of music forever.

I took this yesterday - it's the Ed Sullivan Theater (now home to the Late Show With David Letterman) with the marquee recreated to look like the marquee in 1964:

image_zps38b4c5c2.jpg

And this is my mom's. It's a picture taken of the TV screen the night The Beatles were on Ed Sullivan.

image_zpscc824e1e.jpg

The father of one of her friends at school was a photographer, and he took a bunch of pictures of the screen that night. The kid sold them at school afterwards for $2 apiece.

83% of TV's in the country were tuned into the program. that's insane!

you could very easily cut the history of music into two parts: before february 9, 1964 and after february 9, 1964.

It was 50 years ago today that Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play...

beatles+5.jpg%3Cbr%3E

Not my favorite Beatles album but it was definitely a game changer.

SIRIUS XM has a new all Beatles channel. My new favorite! :D

John just cheated on Cynthia constantly (and interestingly...never really wrote a song about her either)

7 Years later, I'm now convinced that "Jealous Guy" is actually about Cynthia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"