The Official Black Panther Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

Sup?
Reaction score
Okay, so issue 13 came out, and I think that Hudlin has finally put together enough good issues in a row that I have totally forgiven him for his bumpy start on the title. So, I, in all my infinate power, officially present this thread in honor of the current Black Panther series, as well as an all around BP appritiation thread, because lets face it, there really should be one.

Long live the King!
blackpanther_1.jpg

Jesus! that is cool! I like!

good idea Anubis although.....

I like how Hudlin got BP and Cage to New Orleans, and his jabbs at FEMA.

13 comes out 2mrw right?

The current arc is badass.10 had great character work.11 had awesome ninja fights and humor.12 had Blade and Brother Voodoo kicking vampire ass.

It's only right that they called the upcoming TPB for this arc "Bad Mutha".It's very old school and I like it.

Black Panther is my favorite hero, I don't know why I just saw his picture and read about him when I was like ten and He's been my fav. ever sense. In issue 11 What happened to Falcon? Was he sorta just a cameo?

Anyway, sorry, I forgot not everybody subscribes like I do, so I got it like a day early. And I gotta say, it was a nice end to the arc. Not only did we get to see lots of Vampire ass getting kicked, but we also got, CONTINUITY! Go figure.

Okay, so, Blade, BP, Cage, and Voodoo are fighting off Vamps in this abandoned house right? Voodoo's on the Astral Plane trying to get the drop on the head Vamp in charge. BP calls in the ladies to take out the top floor of the house for a pick up so he can change into his "Thrice-Blessed Armor" and get the Ebony Blade he confiscated from the Crusader in the first arc for some slashy slashy action. Of course seeing BP show up with a holy weapon like that sends the vamps on the run. They take sudden down time as an opportunity to get the only person who can end this madness quick, and thats Monica Rambeau aka, Captain Marvel, aka Photon, aka Pulsar. Funny scene on that little name problem she's got going on by the way. He lays it down on her, like only the King can, telling her she's got the power of a goddess, act like it. (I'd also like to take a moment to point out that her being in Nextwave was mentioned and that she was wearing the costume from that book. They also mentioned BP's Avengers roots and his files.) While he's getting Monica's ass in gear, Cage and Voodoo take on this big, Dragon Man looking Vampire. Well, Cage gets his ass kicked while Voodoo preys. While Blade goes after the Head Vamp. It ends kinda quick. Monica kills pretty much all the vamps, lighting new Orleans up like a sun, and Blade puts a silver candleholder in the HVIC's heart. And they all drive off into the sunset in Voodoos Eldarado. Classic.

^ So you are telling me Hudlin is coming around and is actually using continuity!? sweetness! I was losing hope and Hud is gettin' his act together. I can't b-tch anymore.

Oh, people will find a reason to b***h. There was a line at the end that might get a few conservitives pissed.

Anubis said:
Oh, people will find a reason to b***h. There was a line at the end that might get a few conservitives pissed.

So what? It's not the most controversial comic they've ever published.

^ Yeah, but it's a black comic hero written by a black writer, writing about things that affect African americans and blacks in general and that's critical of the government and or social issues. Some might not take kindly to that.

no people will be fine with it, now if it were a white writer talking about black gov't & social issues, then people wouldn't take kindly to it.

deemar325 said:
^ Yeah, but it's a black comic hero written by a black writer, writing about things that affect African americans and blacks in general and that's critical of the government and or social issues. Some might not take kindly to that.

If Marvel wanted to play it safe they wouldn't have published all the work of the past few years. Win or lose, risk is a part of the business.

I doubt anybody would really take issue with social commentary more because it's from a black person. I haven't heard anymore criticism of Black Panther and Hudlin's politics than I have criticism of Punisher and Ennis' politics or Ultimates and Millar's politics.

I didn't know Hudlin was President of Ent. at BET????Wow,now you know this guy has a passion for comics.The dude's already making millions and he decides to write a comic?I'm sorry,but I think that's passion right there.People should give credit where it's due and I hope to see more stuff from Hudlin.*cough*CAGE*cough*.

Yeah, I'd say he's got about as much passion as Joss Whedon, Kevin Smith, Allan Heinberg, Geoff Johns, David Goyer, and all the others who've crossed over from much more lucrative industries to comics.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, I'd say he's got about as much passion as Joss Whedon, Kevin Smith, Allan Heinberg, Geoff Johns, David Goyer, and all the others who've crossed over from much more lucrative industries to comics.

True.The thing that amazes me is that this guy is a real top management type of guy.The man's got a company to run and he still manages to stay on time with BP.Googling him,I read an interview where he said he has over 50 000 comics in his collection or something.He's a real fanboy.

GNR4Life said:
Out of 10 ANubis?

I'd give it an 8. I thought his Trice-blessed armor coulda looked better. And I didn't like those comments the two old black guys made about BP and Monica while he was trying to get her to take out the Vampires. But, while it was a bit campy, it was still f**kin sweet to see BP, Cage, Brother Voodoo, and the twins riding off into the sunset in Voodoo's Eldorado.

Eaton is a really dynamic artist.He's perfect for action but also draws more emotion than Jim Lee and David Finch combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"