The Official "Choke" thread

WalterKovacs

Sidekick
Reaction score
Close it it there already is one, but I'm almost done with the Chuck Palahniuk book that i'm in love with, so here's a thread.

I'm kinda worried about it, judging by the clips it looks like they dont understand the tone of the book; instead of it being a darkly funny drama about salvation, it's a right ahead comedy that laughs at the things that the book advocated.

discuss.

I haven't seen any clips yet, but I'm interested in seeing it. The book was really cool and unconventional, and I look forward to seeing the film adaptation.

I haven't read the book, but I saw this at Sundance with someone who had. And I guess the tone of the movie is alot lighter than the book. Also the ending of the movie bugged me a bit and is rather different than the book's as well.

But other than that I found it enjoyable. Sam Rockwell and Angelica Huston do very well. I wasn't as impressed by Kelly MacDonald as I was with her in No Country, but I'd have to see in again to tell if
what I didn't seem to like about her performance was tied to her only pretending to be the doctor

All in all it's pretty decent. But again, I haven't read the book at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"