The Official 'Lord Of the Rings' Thread

It's not even the actual digitized photo, right? It's like a receipt or something which supposedly gives you ownership of said photo.

Either way, NFTs and anyone who uses them should be shamed. WBD making a decision like this is no longer surprising because Zaslav.

One way of simulating an NFT.

1.Take a digital photo of a prized possession.
2.Throw away the prized possession
3.Charge yourself 100 grand (withdraw the money and then throw it away)

You now have an NFT worth 100 grand! (the digital photo)

confused-crossed-eyed.gif

It's not even the actual digitized photo, right? It's like a receipt or something which supposedly gives you ownership of said photo.

Either way, NFTs and anyone who uses them should be shamed. WBD making a decision like this is no longer surprising because Zaslav.
Haha, I think you're right. So I was actually making it sound better than it is. :funny:

Yep, Zaslav will see any negative trend and jump on it. We'll probably have to pay to watch WB films with crypto and petrol going forward.

100% a sauron idea.

“just buy this thing that will burn down a rainforest. No it’s not a trick :sus

The only comfort I can find in this ugly NFT nonsense is the reports that the whole concept is generally flopping hard. Apparently the greed and stupidity is visible to pretty much everyone.

In more positive Middle Earth news, Andy Serkis recently mentioned that he is going to be recording an audiobook version of the Silmarilion. I haven't listened to his Hobbit/LOTR, but I hear good things and it'll be nice to complete the set.

There's also the new book 'Fall Of Numenor' just around the corner. No new Tolkien material, it is putting together all of the 2nd Age writings in one place, and coming with some gorgeous new artwork. Tin-foil hat time, but I can't help but wonder if this release will perhaps open some doors for Amazon and licensing for the Rings of Power show. If they could acquire the rights for this, they would have access to all the material they need without having to go through Silmarilion/Unifinished Tales etc etc.

I would listen to that. And Andy is such a gift. I’m listening to the audible Discworld series at the moment and it’s fabulous

I’m up for buying more LotR audiobooks. Glad Andy is still interested in all this.

I saw each of the trilogy in theaters on their opening days....so I know what I was doing 20 years ago.

Managed to see all 3 LOTR films (EE) 6 days ago at my local cinema here in the UK.

It was 13 hours worth of epicness (breaks in-between films included). Probably my most favorite trilogy ever. I was 8 years old and sitting in the cinema, grasping in awe when FOTR came out. Seen the trilogy around 17-18 times since then.

Finally got to reading the books at 30 as well and while not nearly as good as the films, I appreciate Tolkien's work.

I also got Weta's Orthanc statue and have Barad-Dur on pre-order as well.

474134-IMG-20230925-103714.jpg

474136-IMG-20230925-103723.jpg

z09uv7at87rb1.jpg

A new power is rising!

glad you liked it. I find the trilogy has to be the first thing I put on whenever I get a new tv. Best way to experience full sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"