The Official Civil War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, a lot of people seemed to like MC. I really didn't. I think I have X-Men burnout.

I liked it up until Bishop was suddenly shooting friends and allies in order to kill a baby.

I've never gotten into a lot of the x-characters introduced since the late 80s. Gambit, X-Man, Cable, Bishop. I dunno. I want an origin. Not: I woke up today and started sweating lead capsules. I want mangled science leading to the world's worst life. Except now you can fly.

I don't mind the universal lack of origin so much as the overly complicated backstories. Cable's a great example of that. He's a soldier from the future--oh wait, he's really Cyclops' son, sent into the future to cure his techno-organic virus--oh, but then he was raised by Cyclops' daughter from another reality, who'd taken control of this clan of freedom fighters--but forget all that, he's the prophesied destroyer of Apocalypse, only Apocalypse keeps coming back and he's not even the guy who destroys him sometimes--oh, and then there's X-Man, who's kind of an alternate Cable from the Age of Apocalypse reality, but kind of not! Bleh, it's just too much. I could overlook it when he developed his god complex and became a really interesting character, but now that he's back to just time-hopping and being the mutant Punisher, it's annoying me again.

I found Cable's messiah complex his most annoying trait, but maybe that's because Nicieza wouldn't shut the **** up about it.

EDIT - Fixed.

Civil War could have been so much more with a several year build up.

Instead it came off as: Boom! OMG LET'S ALL FREAK OUT AND TURN ON EACH OTHER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"