The Official Civil War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Civil War had 17 issues? :huh:

I am not sure how to put it but yeah the complete collection book I got said it was 1 - 17.

Big book - Starts with Nitro going boom right up to the point where Cap gives up and surrenders.

One of the best part of the story for me was the Punishers involement.

Maybe it had 10 tie-in issues thrown in.

I am still very new to the comic world so there are many gaps. But I had no idea the Punisher is that much of an outcast in the hero world.

Plus I felt the whole Cap America taking the anit register side felt wrong to me. Spidy was a bit flaky too lol.

I am still very new to the comic world so there are many gaps. But I had no idea the Punisher is that much of an outcast in the hero world.

Plus I felt the whole Cap America taking the anit register side felt wrong to me. Spidy was a bit flaky too lol.

A lot felt wrong in civil war, but yeah the punisher is kinda a dick, always has been since the day the jackal convinced him to kill spiderman because a guy in a jackal suit and some daily bugle covers said he was a bad guy.

Spidey being flaky was on purpose to make OMD easier, like tell a joke when you @ssrape someone so it doesn't hurt so much.

I don't think any of us can really make any judgments on what a character did or didn't do until "Secret Invasion" is over.

I don't think any of us can really make any judgments on what a character did or didn't do until "Secret Invasion" is over.
so i have to read a comic for 5-6 years of sup par stories just to find out that the comic that had read wasn't written badly it was all apart of the plan? i don't think so.

so i have to read a comic for 5-6 years of sup par stories just to find out that the comic that had read wasn't written badly it was all apart of the plan? i don't think so.

My problem with the SI hints is that it is impossible to tell what the difference between bad writing and skrulls are. To Bendis' credit, there were some legitimately strange things going on in NA that I always wondered if they followed up on (ie the second Black Widow in the Savage Land and the architect of the break-out). Like the characters, I never expected ultra powerful skrulls but the MU is such a crazy place, there is always some king-pin, you wouldn't expect skrulls (I guess that's the beauty of Bendis' point).

But sadly, the MU is also so confused and editorialized that some things get left by the wayside and flat out written poorly. So, it is doubly difficult to imagine there is some massive conspiracy since pretty much every character was non-skrully in action if you take into account some people just don't write their characters that well.

Dudes...can we at least wait to see what's left after SI, before we start talking about what's screwed up and what isn't? That's why some people aren't clear on what's going on in the Amazing Spider-Man titles. Everybody just started judging and stopped reading before they got to see the story develop.

I'm comfortable knowing that everything is up for grabs.

True enough. I do need to kind of open my eyes to the whole event. I am a bit cynical about it all. I really do believe Bendis wants us to enjoy the event. He knows someone will be upset but I don't think he's going for that. So I'm gonna try and relax a bit. He has 7 more issues (and the inevitable Secret Invasion: The Confession style issue...) so I will hold off judgement on the plot changes till after that. Motivations, pacing, and such are open season though.

So I check and yes I just got 1 - 7 issues for Civial War not 1 - 17 lol.

My bad I guess.

I would have liked to see the Xmen be a bigger part of this story, which may be told in other books, but still.

True enough. I do need to kind of open my eyes to the whole event. I am a bit cynical about it all. I really do believe Bendis wants us to enjoy the event. He knows someone will be upset but I don't think he's going for that. So I'm gonna try and relax a bit. He has 7 more issues (and the inevitable Secret Invasion: The Confession style issue...) so I will hold off judgement on the plot changes till after that. Motivations, pacing, and such are open season though.

I agree. I am a bit cynical about the whole thing, but maybe I can hold back my complaints until it's all over. I do know one thing though...I'm waiting for the trades before I start buying anything. I'll just read the Digitals.

Are there more comics about the civial war story?

Copr little help?

So I check and yes I just got 1 - 7 issues for Civial War not 1 - 17 lol.

My bad I guess.

I would have liked to see the Xmen be a bigger part of this story, which may be told in other books, but still.

The X-Men were neutral during the Civil War. That's why they played a very small part.

The X-Men were neutral during the Civil War. That's why they played a very small part.

Yeah Miss Frost mentioned that. I think I remember reading that Wolverine though went under ground like Spiderman - could be wrong.

I think it was understood that Wolverine was acting as a New Avenger and that his actions didn't reflect the X-Men's stance.

I liked CW and thought it was a good story but I hated the fall out. The only book outside of the X-line that Ive really liked was New Warriors and even that I dont keep up with much.

I liked CW and thought it was a good story but I hated the fall out. The only book outside of the X-line that Ive really liked was New Warriors and even that I dont keep up with much.

At this point I dont think anyone keeps up with the new warriors

Do you guys think there will even be an initiative or registration when SI is over?

Do you guys think there will even be an initiative or registration when SI is over?

If you had asked me before OMD I would have said there would be no way they'd be stupid enough to completely reverse a story like that. Now, nothing Marvel does surprises me.

But I wouldn't really see the point in them getting rid of the registration. Things are more interesting with it. So I still say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"