The Walking Dead The official 'DARYL DIXON': Crossbows and Squirrels Thread!

Ummm... so, what do you think everyone? After tonight...

Is Daryl going to die? I sure as hell hope not.

[blackout]The promo for part 2 of the season shows him alive.[/blackout]

Yup, its clear from the promos that Rick smokes the area gets Daryl outta there.

Don't go solely by what you see in the promos, those can be creatively edited so as not to spoil or to send red herrings.

We also see Daryl running through a forest in the middle of the day with his crossbow. He might die this season, but he obviously survives the arena. Spending 8 episodes hyping up a show down between Daryl and Merle, only for them to die the moment they meet is a very bad call. I have no doubt we've got Daryl for at least a few more episodes (hopefully the remainder of the series, lol).

Oh don't get me wrong, I dont think they'll kill off Daryl. People would burn AMC to the ground if they "Ned Stark'd" him lol

I'm just saying they probably have about 20 hours of film of Daryl in a forest with a crossbow, so it may not really be indicative of whats coming the rest of the season.

Reedus did a great job last night. Best character by far.

He's not the greatest actor in the world, but he's my favorite character. Says a lot about the writing and Normans natural likeability.

Last edited:
Was surprised he got caught the way he did. I thought he was going to stay behind to find Merle. I was hoping that was why he didn't climb over the fence with Rick and co.

And though I thought they were drawing the Dixon bros. reunion out this season. I think it paid off in the end. Definitely didn't expect 'em to reunite the way they did.

He stayed behind initially to lay down cover fire so Rick and Co could escape back over the wall. I think his plan may have been to sneak back out the way that they all snuck in.

Still thought the reveal to Merle could've been handled better. You knew even before they took the bag off his head that it was Daryl because of the vest. What they probably should've done was had him in a longer bag, where you werent sure if it was a walker, etc. and then pulled it off for the big reveal. Since we didn't see him get captured, that would've had more shock value for the audience.

Oh I knew it was Daryl under the bag too. And you make a good point about the bag being longer. I just didn't expect 'em to reunite at the arena with the Gov. and the Woodbury citizens wanting them both dead. I honestly believed that during the shootout Merle and Daryl would've crossed paths and nearly killing eachother, but I like the way the show handled it.

Judging by the looks of the trailer
Rick saves them both using tear gas and distractions.

55589258378860497217012.jpg

So in line with the Saving Private Ryan type bet regarding Daryl tonight, what do you think he did before the breakout?

No idea. I have a hard time imagining Daryl doing anything other than riding a motorcycle and shooting things with a crossbow.

Wasn't he just a crazy racist redneck like his brother?

I'm kinda hoping Daryl is infected now. Like him a lot but I love that he might be responsible for infecting others.

I've liked Norman Reedus since Blade 2 and Broondock Saints. Can't believe he's 43.

Perfect, we're the same age! :hrt:

So in line with the Saving Private Ryan type bet regarding Daryl tonight, what do you think he did before the breakout?

Since he and Merle were tight, probably no damn good. Watching the marathon I missed Merle saying that he and Daryl were going to rob the camp before he got chained up on the roof.

The kid that got sick thanked Daryl for the deer he brought in.

Oh man, that's right. Daryl licked his fingers like a dick before shaking the kid's hand, haha.

That being said, if Daryl was infected and caused the spread, he should have been dead by now.

I wonder if anyone has information or read the Daryl will die in season 4. Here in Brazil readers of my blog The Walking Dead Geral are sending messages asking. I think they read that he will die. Is it true? Whether true or false, I will create blog post to inform.

I hear about X is going to die this season all the time where X is anyone in the cast. Most of the time it's obviously not true since we haven't replaced the entire cast three times over yet.

Had to bump this thread up...as a recently caught up new fan of Walking Dead...I gotta say this guy is f**kin awesome! Reminds me of Dirty Harry, Wolverine and Rambo. My favorite character for sure...How do yall think he'll react when Rick tells him about Carol, o and I also hope they dont make Carol his girlfriend -__-

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"