The Official DC Direct/ DC Superheroes Products Thread

I was looking at wave 3 on ebay and was surprised to see how much they're going for...I'll just wait until I see them in a store
Yeah, 110 dollars??? Only because they haven't been completely circulated. You are wise to wait to see them in stores or buy off of Cornerstorecomics...

Yeah, I'd wait until you see them in stores too. They'll be easy to find once they been out for awhile, plus you'll be able to get ones with good paint jobs.

Also, for anyone planning on getting Robin, be sure to check its hands before you buy one. Some of the early ones that were produced have a hand that is larger than the other one, though it looks like the problems has been corrected with later ones produced.

I picked up both variants for series 3 on ebay for pretty cheap. shipping screwed me over though.

I feel your pain. We don't have Movie Masters, either, because Mattel hates us.

Fortunately, I am also a casual Doctor Who fan. Doctor Who toys are slightly easier to buy than bread.

The Helix said:
That sucks, man. :csad: Do you buy them off the web?

I gave in and bought The Joker and Batman Movie Masters from eBay scalpers. Great toys, but it stings that I could have bought an X-Box game for the price I paid for The Joker. :csad:

I guess I'll just do the same for the Mattel DCUC figs I want. I doubt they'll be quite as expensive, but the post and packaging charges still mount up. So while I was originally anticipating getting the complete Wave 3 to get the build-a-toy Solomon Grundy, now with the increased costs inherent in eBay buying, I'm thinking I'll have to limit myself to Deathstroke and Hal Jordan.

I gave in and bought The Joker and Batman Movie Masters from eBay scalpers. Great toys, but it stings that I could have bought an X-Box game for the price I paid for The Joker. :csad:

I guess I'll just do the same for the Mattel DCUC figs I want. I doubt they'll be quite as expensive, but the post and packaging charges still mount up. So while I was originally anticipating getting the complete Wave 3 to get the build-a-toy Solomon Grundy, now with the increased costs inherent in eBay buying, I'm thinking I'll have to limit myself to Deathstroke and Hal Jordan.

when i check ebay last the jokers were going for no more than $25..

Yea they're good got my Neca TMNT case off there.But Wave 3 is 10 bucks cheaper over at www.Cornerstorecomics.com

Oh, Cool. Thanks. I know where I am buying these from now on. Do you know anything about the Walmart Exclusive wave? Have you ever ordered a case from Walmart? It will suck if I have to hunt down the individual figures to complete the BAF.

I feel your pain Keyser. I'm a would be DCUC collector living in the UK as well and the only figures I've been able to get so far are Batman and Penguin from series one which I imported from BBTS and cost me a small fortune. The DC Superheroes line used to be available from Forbidden Planet but I've never seen the line on the pegs there since it became DCUC. It's a shame because I could see myself getting heavily into the line had it been more widely available. I've preordered Batman and Hush Infinite Heroes from BBTS, but that's all I've got coming at the moment.

when i check ebay last the jokers were going for no more than $25..

Yes, but then you must consider the postage charges for shipping it out to the UK, which allows the scalpers to nearly double the marked price.

i saw a green lantern today at target but held off because he had a paint chip on his hair...i might go back to grab him and just fix the spot.

I'll be at Collectormania in Glasgow tomorrow. Hoping to pick up a DCUC Hal, and probably Deathstroke, Nightwing and Robin along with him. The DCUC line hasn't been available anywhere else in the UK, but if I'm going to get them anywhere short of turning to eBay scalpers, a convention like this will be it. Wish me luck!

I wish you luck- and advise you to grab all the spares you can!

Gotta love misconceived cognizant fanboys :hehe: [Referring to your quote in your sig].

On topic: Is Hal miscolored? The review pics on Mike Crawford's site had his torso the right shade of green but his limbs a different shade of green.

Has there ever been an Aquaman toy released that has his waterhand?

uh wasnt the new DC universe one with the aqua hand? and theres def some DCD ones that have it

None of the DC Universe Aquaman figures have the water hand. Neither of the ones in series 2 have it, and the upcoming one in series seven is him in a camouflage outfit.

hmm thought a DCU one did... but theres definately some DCD ones that have, ive seen it.

Gotta love misconceived cognizant fanboys :hehe: [Referring to your quote in your sig].

On topic: Is Hal miscolored? The review pics on Mike Crawford's site had his torso the right shade of green but his limbs a different shade of green.

i didn't think hal was miscolored when i saw him yesterday.

i think there is probably a slight discoloration on all of them. it's just not going to be very noticeable unless you've got an awesome camera that picks up those kinda details.

Has there ever been an Aquaman toy released that has his waterhand?
there is one artist based line that has his water hand.. I cant think of his name but he did Superman/Batman 1 I believe

No luck in finding the figures I was looking for, I'm afraid. The only DCUCs they had at the convention were Black Manta and the Red/Blue Electric Superman from Wave 2, and I wasn't interested in either. I might have gotten Black Manta if there was an Aquaman to go with him, but not on his own.

However, I did get a Movie Masters Scarecrow, which is pretty cool.

there is one artist based line that has his water hand.. I cant think of his name but he did Superman/Batman 1 I believe
Ah, Ed McGuinness' art. After seeing the toy in a quick google search, I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

dcdjlacf2_aquaman.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"