The Official Dollhouse Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the trailer, my only worry is that it reminds me of Bionic Woman.:o
I'm not concerned. That trailer already looked SO much better than Bionic Woman. I mean, the dialogue is already far less cliched, and these characters seem to have *gasp* character. Olivia Williams is awesome and hopefully with this she'll finally get her due (and based on the trailer, I think that's a good possibility). I'm officially hyped for this show. Too bad we have to wait 'till January.

The trailer was intriguing yet dull at the same time.

the trailer is down at the moment, but you can watch it at Youtube HERE

What is that chick from neighbours doing on there :wow:? She's awful, hopefully she's learnt to act since then, but i doubt it.

and its down again..

The Dollverse link posted above now has the more official version of that trailer. Different music, better titles, and the temp shots have been replaced. It appears that the version that leaked before was the temp version of this trailer. Here's the link again: http://www.dollverse.com/trailer

Sign me up for this one. Whedon and Dushku... oh yes.

So...I love Whedon. Let me start by saying that. He hasn't done anything I haven't liked yet. But...Does anyone else here get a vibe that he's oh...ripping off Phillip K. Dick here? The entire "dollhouse" concept is pretty much lifted directly from Paycheck, right down to the 5 year contracts...sure, what they do while they're is different, but still..I don't know, it just isn't setting very well with me...

MarvelMan that is an awesome avatar.

Yeah, it's a similar plot thread to Paycheck and the whole turning against the machine idea, but it's still a little early to tell what's going on. How far into the scifi realm is this going?

The minute they cut to Eliza Dushku after getting out of the program finding out that she told them not to pay her, but to insted give her a paperclip, a book of matches, and a fountain pen or something I'm done :cmad: ;)

Any word on Amy Acker? I heard she's supposed to be in the series as well but I didn't see her in the promo video.

According to the wiki she has a reccuring, non-regular role.

Amy Acker's character doesn't appear in the pilot (as far as I know), but she was mentioned in the trailer. She's the "Dr. Saunders" that they talk about who has a theory that the actives are "still people."

Has anybody heard about the campaign to stop Fox from cancelling Dollhouse:

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/05/24/whedon-fans-vow-to-s.html

Whedon fans vow to save Dollhouse from cancellation -- eight months before initial airdate

Joss Whedon fans have already organized a campaign to stop his new show, Dollhouse, from being cancelled, even though the first episode won't air for another eight months. Whedonistas have witnessed so many kick-ass TV shows cancelled by callous goons from teeveeland, they're girding their loins for the inevitable fight and not waiting around for the disappointment before working up a good head of bitter outrage. Good on 'em! Preemptive strikes are just defense as practiced by precogs.

DollhouseForums' trailblazing leader Nathan posted the following as a call to arms: "After seeing some of my favorite television shows get canceled in the past -- as well as the 'save this show' campaigns that followed -- I had the idea that a fan campaign BEFORE the show begins may be the best thing to do."

A Facebook fan page dedicated to the online campaign already has nearly 1,500 members.

LINK to Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dollhouse/14409357519

You know, it really has to say something about Fox when their TV shows that look interesting have "save our show" campaigns months before they even air.

Really, I want to know what kind of scale Fox is basing their ratings standards on. NBC will have a show that doesn't do too hot in the ratings, but after critical praise and a few Emmys, they kiss its ass and keep it on the air so it gathers more viewers. When Fox gets a show with critical praise and Emmy wins-- well, we all know what happened to Firefly and Arrested Development.

Uh huh, why can't they just do a Faith series? I am dead certain that's what everyone wants to see.

I didn't watch Buffy or Angel, but I liked her on Tru Calling. :up: So this looks promising.

But see, you already know that Faith is a part of that universe. You'd probably have watched a Faith show even though you only know her from that other show that wasn't a Faith show. When this new show that is not a Faith show is cancelled, then everyone will realize that she is best known as Faith and therefore a Faith show may be created. And then you and others will probably watch that Faith show and make it the hit Faith show that everyone wanted to see to begin with.:applaud

Great story idea!
He always has fantastic stories.

Uh huh, why can't they just do a Faith series? I am dead certain that's what everyone wants to see.

Id rather much have a movie or a mini series about Faith (and Giles,Willow and Spike while were on it). But sticking specific to Faith they cant cover the slayer aspect because Buffy already did that and they cant do the quest for redemption angle because Angel already did that and if they just merged these two ideas for a Faith show it would probably be bad. Aside from that i dont know how a story about Faith could be approached. Even if they do find a way to approach it it would probably fall apart after the first season ala Heroes so it would probably be best to do a miniseries on Faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"