The Official Euro 2008 Thread

688314_w2.jpg

The specially-designed silver ball that could make or break the dreams of a nation went on show in Vienna today as the official ball of the UEFA EURO 2008™ final, the adidas EUROPASS gloria, was handed to UEFA President Michel Platini by adidas AG chairman and CEO Herbert Hainer.
Created exclusively
The state-of-the-art ball, created exclusively for the climax of the tournament in the Austrian capital on 29 June, shares the classic black dots and markings of the EUROPASS ball to be used in the run-up to the final. However, a number of innovations made by adidas, suppliers of official match balls to major FIFA and UEFA tournaments since 1970, make the EUROPASS gloria - like the final itself - a one-off.

Coveted trophy
The 'gloria' in the ball's name echoes the fame and glory which the winner of UEFA EURO 2008™will experience, while its shimmering silver surface incorporates the coveted Henri Delaunay trophy, as well as images evoking the past European champions that the two teams will be hoping to emulate at the Ernst-Happel-Stadion.

Know-how
Style was not adidas' only concern however, and they have called on all the know-how and experience garnered from 35 years of manufacturing footballs to produce the EUROPASS gloria with the same cutting-edge technology used on the EUROPASS, which should allow players involved in the UEFA EURO 2008™ final the chance to show the full range of their skills.

Unique structure
The 14-panels of the EUROPASS gloria have been joined using revolutionary Thermal Bonding Technology, which - along with the unique PSC-Texture™ surface structure - ensures exceptional ball control, greater power transmission, swerve and accuracy, whatever the weather

It is heating up here in Switzerland with sign of the Euro becoming apparent. It sucks though that the French team is not playing here and plaing in Berne instead.

I like Portugual's chances

If any of you guys are betting people (like me:woot:), here's a few tips;

Outright Winner: Spain 6/1

Outsider bet: Croatia 12/1

Top Goalscorer: Fernando Torres (Spain)

Outsider bet: Pavel Pogrebynak (Russia)

Player of the Tournament: Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)/ Fernando Torres (Spain)

Outsider: Andre Arshavin (Russia)

Updated from previous post:

Outright Winner: Spain 6/1

Outsider bet: Holland 12/1 *Croatia did seem like a good e.w bet, but with Eduardo out I don't know where the goals will come from*

Top Goalscorer: Fernando Torres 10/1 (Spain)

Outsider bet: Pavel Pogrebynak 66/1 (Russia) *Very risky, Russia will do well to get out of their group*

Player of the Tournament: Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)/ Fernando Torres (Spain) *no odds available*

Outsider: Andre Arshavin (Russia) *no odds available*

Hope so, they may have had some luck last time but they still beat Portugal twice (on their home turf), France and the Czech republic who were favourites at the time. Anyway I'm biased.

We ( the Dutch ) couldnt have been placed in a worse poule. Italy, France.. hot damn!

If we make it through the first matched I'm sure things well be very exciting. As of now, I dont think we'll make it :( We have a piss-poor defense.

We ( the Dutch ) couldnt have been placed in a worse poule. Italy, France.. hot damn!

If we make it through the first matched I'm sure things well be very exciting. As of now, I dont think we'll make it :( We have a piss-poor defense.
You need people like Van Persie at 100%

Ohh awesome!

They should also have a star as well considering they won it 4 years ago, true?

Ohh awesome!

They should also have a star as well considering they won it 4 years ago, true?
You could be right, can't remember seeing one, maybe thats just for World cup wins. Anyway going out to the shops in a bit I might check them out. I'll let you know.

So how does this tournament work? Is it all the European national teams....? is there a qualifying?

^^Thanks for the clarification....why isn't the UK involved???

Yes, they look classy.

Going to pick both of them up soon.

:word:
Just got one today, ended up opting for the white one, which used to be the away shirt and has now been made into the home shirt. By the way there is no star on the shirt which is a shame, but what makes it a nice shirt is the simplicity of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"