The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

But did any of the fouls lead directly to a goal? No

No but if he'd gave people the second bookings they rightly deserved Holland would have been out of that game by half time as they'd have been down to 8 men by half time & then 7 by full time.

No I mean being arrogant bastards who would embarrass a player in this way

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DCe8rIi2Rk
[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DCe8rIi2Rk

:whatever:

And? So you think that's worse than De Jong potentially KILLING a player on the field (kicks him in the CHEST on the side of the heart while running to him)? They have the right to celebrate in the way they want after having played well and won a Euro... if you think that's wrong... I prefer to think that headbutting, doing harm to players on field on purpose (like Eduardo da Silva suffered or the chest kick of De Jong today, or Zidanes headbutt) is what's wrong in football. To hate a team and a country for their way of celebrating is just a cheap excuse.... but whatever floats yout boat. Oh... and... WE WON, and I don't give a crap if it offends you.

That was one of the most boring soccer matches I've ever seen. That said, congrats Spain!

W00t W00t Spain not only Europe Champions but now World Champions!!!!!!

Long live Paul the psychic octopus

champions_1677026c.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats to Spain, best team won, the Dutch were an absolute disgrace, should have been down to 8 men by half time, Van Bommel must have a secret on the refs association b/c it seems he can't be sent off.

Lots of chances as the game went on, Robben and Fabregas both had clear cut oppertunities to win it, Del Bosque made a stupid choice taking Villa off for a clearly unfit Torres, but Iniesta saved the situation with a fantastic finish from Fabregas little pass, yes the Dutch should have had a free kick in the lead up to the goal but you reap what you sow sometimes.

**** sake, I ****in hate Spain, they represent everything that is wrong with modern football

By playing the best football of any national team?

And? So you think that's worse than De Jong potentially KILLING a player on the field (kicks him in the CHEST on the side of the heart while running to him)? They have the right to celebrate in the way they want after having played well and won a Euro... if you think that's wrong... I prefer to think that headbutting, doing harm to players on field on purpose (like Eduardo da Silva suffered or the chest kick of De Jong today, or Zidanes headbutt) is what's wrong in football. To hate a team and a country for their way of celebrating is just a cheap excuse.... but whatever floats yout boat. Oh... and... WE WON, and I don't give a crap if it offends you.

I agree with you in general and I know your back is up due to the anti Spain vibe in here, but I don't think the Spanish players showed class by doing a train dance while a defeated player is conducting a difficult interview, they are a great team of players and the best squad since Germany in 1990 IMO, but a little humility goes a long way.

In sport you are supposed to respect your opponents, that's what the great teams do, and if a celebration like that had happened in front of Spain, how would they have reacted. In fact, if that celebration had off been done by anyone but Spain there would have been outrage.

As for De Jong. He didn't intentionally catch Alonso, he was guilty of being stupid and rash, not malice. And what is with the blinders people have put on? Puyol could have easily gone for holding Robben back, Inestia should have been sent off, he dived to get a player booked before his goal, that should have been his 1st booking

By playing the best football of any national team?

I think I've already clarified my position on this so I'm unsure why you're asking this. But, anyway, they didn't play the best football, Germany did. Spain kept the ball well but most of their important goals game from bad mistakes by the opposition, the Portugal keeper who parried the ball, Germany leaving Puyol unmarked, Even tonight, despite Fabregas' great pass the goal could have easily been avoided by the Diutch clearing it when they had the chance.

In sport you are supposed to respect your opponents, that's what the great teams do, and if a celebration like that had happened in front of Spain, how would they have reacted. In fact, if that celebration had off been done by anyone but Spain there would have been outrage.

WORLD CUP 1994: The italians celebrating around Luis Enrique's broken nose by Tasotti in the penalty area in minute 93 after the quarter-final. They arrived to the final with everybody praising them.

WORLD CUP 2002: South Korea celebrating around the press zone after the referee Al Ghandour took off two legal goals from us, making them win the quarter final in the penalties. Nobody said anything, being the WC in Korea.

I'm goddamn tired of this anti-Spain BS around this forum. There's always something... when we win we don't know how to celebrate and we're racist, inquisitional wrong-doing bastards that should be purged off the face of Earth. When we lose it's because we're born losers that choke always in the World Cup. You know what? UP YOURS. The more poeple hate us, means the better we're doing things.

I think I've already clarified my position on this so I'm unsure why you're asking this. But, anyway, they didn't play the best football, Germany did. Spain kept the ball well but most of their important goals game from bad mistakes by the opposition, the Portugal keeper who parried the ball, Germany leaving Puyol unmarked, Even tonight, despite Fabregas' great pass the goal could have easily been avoided by the Diutch clearing it when they had the chance.

Spain played the best football b/c it looks better than everyone else's and in the end it beat everyone else's, every game they face the same back 8 two banks of 4 crap and have to spend ages playing around these negative tactics, even Germany who you give credit to there were ultra defensive in the Semi and that is why Ozil barely got a kick and Schweinstieger looked half the player he looked against England and Argentina.

Basically you dislike them b/c they celebrated in an insensitive manner, which is petty as hell IMO.

Good to see Mandela come out during the closing ceremonies.

As for De Jong. He didn't intentionally catch Alonso, he was guilty of being stupid and rash, not malice. And what is with the blinders people have put on? Puyol could have easily gone for holding Robben back, Inestia should have been sent off, he dived to get a player booked before his goal, that should have been his 1st booking
Dude whats all this talk about respect, the Netherlands didn't show **** of respect on the field and quite frankly that's the important part of any sport, showing good sportsmanship on the pitch or field. Yes Spain likes to celebrate and show off a little too much but all great teams are like that. Just look no further than Kobe and his Lakers. I agree with you Inestia did lose his cool but only after being constantly fouled and honestly whats the big deal? They should have been booked from the beginning. Notice how Spain was dominating in the first half and then the Netherlands starting turning into the bully on the field. When Spain started treating the same way they cried. Sore losers. I had nothing but respect for Robben, Sneijder and the rest of them but they decided to play dirty and that **** don't fly by me. As far as Robben and his chances... he had a clear chance to score he choked and blames Puyol. Puyol fell on his ass and he only touched him cause he was falling there was no holding. It looked like Puyol didn't even want to touch him cause he knew they'll whine for a pently kick.

**** all this Spainish haters man

I will say this though, give Sneijder the Golden Boot

Spain were not brilliant this world cup. They struggled in lots of games. They won most of their games scraping by on a 1-0 and barely beat the weakest side in the competition. I don't care how much pretty passing you do, taking chances is what counts, and they're a bit lucky it was only Switzerland who caught them out on that.

Now Germany, that's a team.

Spain were not brilliant this world cup. They struggled in lots of games. They won most of their games 1-0 and barely beat the weakest side in the competition. I don't care how much pretty passing you do, taking chances is what counts, and they're a bit lucky it was only Switzerland who caught them out on that.

It's b/c of how teams set up against Spain that it takes so long to get one goal, Germany played well but when the time came they had no answers for Spain and even Lowe admited that.

That's what good offensives do they make you **** up

I'm goddamn tired of this anti-Spain BS around this forum. There's always something... when we win we don't know how to celebrate and we're racist, inquisitional wrong-doing bastards that should be purged off the face of Earth. When we lose it's because we're born losers that choke always in the World Cup. You know what? UP YOURS. The more poeple hate us, means the better we're doing things.
it's like Swiss Beatz said in Stop the Party
"They gonna hate but thats when you know you’re doing great so"

Spain were not brilliant this world cup. They struggled in lots of games. They won most of their games scraping by on a 1-0 and barely beat the weakest side in the competition. I don't care how much pretty passing you do, taking chances is what counts, and they're a bit lucky it was only Switzerland who caught them out on that.

yea I agree with you Germany looked like the better team especially with Muller but Spain just threw them off their groove

People are praising the way South Africa has hosted the World Cup.....bodes well for a future Olympic bid.

Spain played the best football b/c it looks better than everyone else's and in the end it beat everyone else's, every game they face the same back 8 two banks of 4 crap and have to spend ages playing around these negative tactics, even Germany who you give credit to there were ultra defensive in the Semi and that is why Ozil barely got a kick and Schweinstieger looked half the player he looked against England and Argentina.

It doesn't look better, their games were boring as hell at this world cup. They struggled to break down teams because they don't have oace on the wings and always need to go into the centre where it is congested. That's a fault in their game, not anybody else's.
Basically you dislike them b/c they celebrated in an insensitive manner, which is petty as hell IMO.

Why is it petty to expect sportsmen to have sportsmanship? If that were Manchester United I would be embarrased as hell.

All jokes aside that is horrendous and a straight red, he could have seriously damaged Alonso.

Straight to the ribs and with those football shoes... I mean... the ones these guys use are not plastic, they're METALLIC. He could've gotten easily a hole in his chest or a broken rib at that height of the chest. That challenge is TERRIBLE. And shameful that he got away with only a yellow card.

People are praising the way South Africa has hosted the World Cup.....bodes well for a future Olympic bid.

Yeah both Blatter and the Olympic president have given us a thumbs up to host the event, that been said I doubt we will get it

Anyway congrats to spain, its been a long time coming.

yea I agree with you Germany looked like the better team especially with Muller but Spain just threw them off their groove

I was seriously surprised in the semi-final, to be honest... they had the ball possession in all their games and when they saw the spanish team it was like they got scared or something. They just gave up the ball and started to defend with 10... big WTF from them, really...:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"