The Official Flash thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i'm alone in the whole michael turner thing huh? Nobody thinks his characters arms and legs are the same length? I'm alone on this? Look at his flash.

Dude, I like Michael Turner. Look at Rags Morles (Spelling) of Identiy Crisis. His characters were whacked out in some panels and yet, people don't give him crap.

Where were Morales' characters "whacked out"? :confused: I can't stand Turner's art, myself. His men all look like grotesquely disproportioned pillow-people and his women all look identical. Come to think of it, Lashley kind of makes me think of what Turner might be like if Turner were actually good...

As for who the Flash is, I can't shake this feeling that it'll be Jay Garrick, somehow de-aged even further so that he's back in his prime. The gloves look kind of like throwbacks to the Golden Age to me, and the ear wings on the top left pic are identical to the wings on Jay's hat. I'm fairly sure Barry's wings only had two prongs or whatever you want to call them. Plus, Jay was supposed to be the Flash in the movie that Goyer was writing, and it seems like DC would want to match the characters up for that. Everything I just said is based on total speculation, however, so I could be wrong.

I'm not alone. alright.

So the story goyer is writing will be based on jay? How weird will he have his original look? It would make sense i guess since barry(flashseries),bart(smallville) and wally(JLU) have been used. Your idea doesn't seem that far fetched at all. Even though i'm really not comfortable with jay being the new flash and all. We'll see.

I wouldn't mind Jay being the "new" Flash, actually. It'd be fun to see people misjudge him as some rookie, when he's really been around for about half a century.

I don't know anything about the Goyer movie beyond some rumors that he was writing Jay as the main character. I haven't been following news on it. I don't think there's really been much development on the movie at all, come to think of it.

I think wesly ship (allan) should pass the torch to his nephew wally in the movie.

Yeah it would work out for a few books him rediscovering his new abilities and what not and getting reaquainted with friends. After that what is there to the character jay garrick then what has already happened already. Interesting idea. Now that i see your perspective it wouldn't bother me that much if he was flash for a few books.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I wouldn't mind Jay being the "new" Flash, actually. It'd be fun to see people misjudge him as some rookie, when he's really been around for about half a century.

I don't know anything about the Goyer movie beyond some rumors that he was writing Jay as the main character. I haven't been following news on it. I don't think there's really been much development on the movie at all, come to think of it.

Actually, the last I heard was he wanted to have Barry and Wally in the movie. I know he wants Ryan Reynolds as the Flash. His personality would fit Wally easily. So, I'm assuming he would want Barry in a flashback or something. BUt I never heard him mention Jay.

Yeah, I am seriously seriously upset about Wally and Bart being practically in limbo. The first DC "death" since I began reading comics to do that to me. Maybe because Flash was my first series I collected regulary. And it was Wally. I just immediatly liked him. I'm still holding out hope for him and Bart.

Now I sorta feel bad at making fun of all the "BRING BACK BARRY" fans. I can relate now.:(

I really don't like the twin idea. I'd rather it be Jay or Jesse if anyone.

Phoney Bone said:
Yeah, I am seriously seriously upset about Wally and Bart being practically in limbo. The first DC "death" since I began reading comics to do that to me. Maybe because Flash was my first series I collected regulary. And it was Wally. I just immediatly liked him. I'm still holding out hope for him and Bart.

Now I sorta feel bad at making fun of all the "BRING BACK BARRY" fans. I can relate now.:(

I really don't like the twin idea. I'd rather it be Jay or Jesse if anyone.

screw them, bring back bart and im happy.

I think this post must have got lost in the midst of that fight that broke out earlier in the thread. Interested to hear your thoughts on this idea.

Keyser Soze said:
Here's a suggestion that's way out of left-field, but how about Hunter Zolomon?

On one hand, I dislike the idea. Zoom is a great villain. However, it may make sense. Remember, he doesn't see himself as a villain, but rather his one goal was to make Wally West a better hero. With Wally West gone - and the Speed Force with him - perhaps a repentant Zolomon takes his place?

Think about it - theoretically, it could work. The Speed Force may be "gone", but Zolomon's powers are not based around the Speed Force. Plus, linking in to the rumours of not getting attached to the new Flash, perhaps when the Speed Force inevitably returns, Zolomon feels the need to restore balance, and reassumes the mantle of Zoom, letting Wally West/Bart Allen/whoever take over as The Flash.

As I said, I'm not saying I want Hunter Zolomon to be The Flash, but I just figured it could be another name to throw in the hat.

Zolomon as the Flash could work if Zolomon somehow recovers from his temporally induced mental problems, and the JLA and the other speedsters both somehow accept him in the position. Both of those seem unlikely right now, given how he tore the speedsters apart, killed Wally's children, and worked with the Society, but a lot can change in a year, I suppose.

Not sure forgivin' someone for killing Wally's kid is possible in one years time.

Maybe Wally himself forgives Zoom. Not entirely unlikely given that he now has his kids and everything's hunky-dory. Although that has some major Knightfall overtones...

[cries like an infant]I want my Wally back![/cries like an infant]

Ryan Reynolds will be playing Wesley Gibson in WANTED. Guaranteed.

Keyser Soze said:
Here's a suggestion that's way out of left-field, but how about Hunter Zolomon?

On one hand, I dislike the idea. Zoom is a great villain. However, it may make sense. Remember, he doesn't see himself as a villain, but rather his one goal was to make Wally West a better hero. With Wally West gone - and the Speed Force with him - perhaps a repentant Zolomon takes his place?

Think about it - theoretically, it could work. The Speed Force may be "gone", but Zolomon's powers are not based around the Speed Force. Plus, linking in to the rumours of not getting attached to the new Flash, perhaps when the Speed Force inevitably returns, Zolomon feels the need to restore balance, and reassumes the mantle of Zoom, letting Wally West/Bart Allen/whoever take over as The Flash.

As I said, I'm not saying I want Hunter Zolomon to be The Flash, but I just figured it could be another name to throw in the hat.
That might not be such a bad idea. Afterall, Eobard Thawne ran around as the Flash at one point. Zolomon might think it to be a tradition :D

As long as Wally comes back and kicks his @$$ like he did in the return of Barry Allen.

I want Wally and Bart back. Don't want no stinkin' substitute Flashes. But that's just me, I guess. Geez, we had to lose both of my favorite Flashes in the same crisis. What a bummer.

Anubis said:
As long as Wally comes back and kicks his @$$ like he did in the return of Barry Allen.
Of course :cool:

Spike_x1 said:
That might not be such a bad idea. Afterall, Eobard Thawne ran around as the Flash at one point. Zolomon might think it to be a tradition :D

No, I think it IS a bad idea. Zolomon is much better as a villain. I think they should just keep him around as Zoom to harass whoever (or whomever) next wears the suit.

Zoom II is the best Flash villain ever. He's potentially faster than ANY speedster due to the nature of his particular speed power, and plus he's completely friggin nuts! Whoever (or whomever) the new Flash is/are they will need Hunter Zolomon at some point, to keep the story interesting if nothing else.

IMO of course.

Goyer will have both Barry and Wally in the movie (with Ryan Reynolds most probably being Wally)....and I want no other Flash than Wally :( !!!

Polux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"