The Official Gargoyles Thread

Hellstormer

Side-Kick
Reaction score
So this just came out and I wanted to know other peoples opinions, I was slightly disappointed because I thought it was a new series that would start before the Goliath Cronicles but it just seemed to be a carbon copy of the first GC episode. I haven't seeen that episode in awhile so I may be wrong but I'm just saying.

i flicked through it, looked good.
i can't remeber too much about the TV show except i liked it a fair bit and it came on in the mornings on saturday disney.
i'll probably pick it up next time i'm at my LCS too remeber why i liked the tv show so much.

I read it, and I thought it was great. It pretty much picks up right where the series left off, with the Gargoyles' existence public knowledge and the Quarrymen out in force to destroy them. The Gargoyles are still kind of uneasy with Xanatos, which I'm hoping will lead to some interesting stories down the line. Looks pretty good all around.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I read it, and I thought it was great. It pretty much picks up right where the series left off, with the Gargoyles' existence public knowledge and the Quarrymen out in force to destroy them. The Gargoyles are still kind of uneasy with Xanatos, which I'm hoping will lead to some interesting stories down the line. Looks pretty good all around.
Actually it starts right before the Goliath Cronicles and I guess they're completely ignoring it. I was a big fan of the show so I'll pick it up anyway.

I thought it was great. This picks up right where the animated series leaves off, and startign with issue #3 will be spinning it's own complete story arcs.

I'm a huge Gargoyles fan, and almost missed this. I noticed it on the shelf and decided to pick it up, boy am I glad I did. A good read.

Hellstormer said:
Actually it starts right before the Goliath Cronicles and I guess they're completely ignoring it. I was a big fan of the show so I'll pick it up anyway.
Yeah, I recently watched the first episode of The Goliath Chronicles again and the new comic is essentially a word-for-word retelling of it. I don't really understand why Weisman is ignoring The Goliath Chronicles, myself, other than the petty reason that he wasn't involved with the majority of that series. TGC wasn't as good as the original Gargoyles series, true, but it had some good episodes and it didn't really detract from the previous Gargoyles stuff or change anything major. :o

Also, after reading through the comic again, I've come to the conclusion that the art sucks. It's just... bad. I wish they could've gotten a better artist on the series, but it's still readable, at least.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, I recently watched the first episode of The Goliath Chronicles again and the new comic is essentially a word-for-word retelling of it. I don't really understand why Weisman is ignoring The Goliath Chronicles, myself, other than the petty reason that he wasn't involved with the majority of that series. TGC wasn't as good as the original Gargoyles series, true, but it had some good episodes and it didn't really detract from the previous Gargoyles stuff or change anything major. :o

Also, after reading through the comic again, I've come to the conclusion that the art sucks. It's just... bad. I wish they could've gotten a better artist on the series, but it's still readable, at least.
See I like the art,it kinda looks like the show and I like it. I'm disappointed that he's ignoring TCG because I actually like that part quite a bit despite other peoples opinons. I hope he isn't just putting each episode into comic form though cause that would suck.

Yeah, it really would. I have a feeling that after the events of "The Journey" are transposed into comic form (probably by the end of #2), he'll start branching off from TGC and writing original stories, though.

The art reminds me of the really bad animation from most of the season 2 and TGC episodes. Compare the animation in "Awakening" or "Future Tense" with the animation in TGC and you'll see what I mean. The former eps have very smooth, fluid animation, while the latter ones have rigid, jerky, badly shaded animation. The comic brings to mind a similar awkwardness and sloppiness for me. It's not horrible, but it's not as good as Gargoyles deserves, either.

in I disagree in the second season and TCG the animation had more mobility and you could see more movement in the faces and apendages, the first season was using the same animation technique as they had in the movie which was very stiff and the characters didn't show as much expression.

But I guess everyone has their opinions.

The goliath Chronicles sucked. He's doin' his own version of season 3 the way it SHOULDA been done. Once #3 hits, it'll be all new.

How did The Goliath Chronicles suck, beyond the animation (which, coincidentally, improved almost back up to the first-season standard near the end)? Most of the episodes were basically stand-alone filler eps, but there were a few good episodes in there. The one where Proteus returns, for one. The last episode was a really good ending to the series as a whole, too.

All of us fans have 2 buy it plus the dvd's so we can get anew Gargoyle show.
Have you guys Read Greg Weisman (Creator of Ggopgpoyles) spin off series for the Gargoyles UNiverse they all sound so good!::http://www.angelfire.com/rings/katsaris/gargoyle.htm

Out of Them here are my favorite ones:

Dark Ages: This story would begin in 971, the year that Malcolm and Clan Wyvern, first make their alliance and the year Castle Wyvern is built. Hudson is the leader, Demona and Goliath are teens, and the Trio are still children. Through the series we would get to see among other things the fate of Prince Malcolm and Princess Elena, the death of Hudson's mate, Goliath's rise to second-in-command. The unfinished story "Once upon a time there were three brothers" by Greg Weisman covers the background of this series, leading up to its first episode.

Gargoyles 2198: In the year 2198 the Space-spawn arrive, abduct the world leaders (including Secretary General Alexander Fox Xanatos) and enslave planet Earth. Samson, a descendant of Goliath, becomes leader of the resistance. His allies would include Nokkar, Owen, Demona, Delilah and Zafiro (these last two being descendants of their present-day namesakes), and timedancing Brooklyn and Fu-dog. Enemies would include the Space-Spawn themselves, the Illuminati, the Quarrymen, and Coyote-X whose plans for world-domination have turned into dreams of galactic conquest...

Timedancer: When Goliath flings the Phoenix Gate into the portal it becomes lost in time. It appear in front of Brooklyn but before he gets hold of it, it takes him away. Brooklyn never manages to control it and the random travels of the Gate will last forty years before he manages to return to his own time, only five minutes later. In his first journey he travels to 997 where he helps Finella and Mary escape from Constantine and then accidentally transports them to the 1970s. In the second episode we would see Xanatos and Demona's first meeting. Later time-travels would go from prehistorical times to feudal Japan where he would find Katana, his future mate, and he would also spend considerable time in 2198. Finally he would return to the present with Katana, their son Nashville, the unhatched egg of their daughter Tachi, and Fu-dog, a gargoyle beast he'd find in ancient China.

O Crap Look what I just Read:

As of June 30, 2006, as Weisman announced at the Gargoyles Gathering Convention in Los Angeles, the DVD set for Season 2, Volume 2 is in jeopardy of not being released. According to Weisman's blog, "Volume 1 did not sell enough copies." Buena Vista reports low sales for the last volume, which means the next and final set may not be scheduled for release in 2006.

boywonder13 said:
O Crap Look what I just Read:

As of June 30, 2006, as Weisman announced at the Gargoyles Gathering Convention in Los Angeles, the DVD set for Season 2, Volume 2 is in jeopardy of not being released. According to Weisman's blog, "Volume 1 did not sell enough copies." Buena Vista reports low sales for the last volume, which means the next and final set may not be scheduled for release in 2006.
Yeah it sucks yet again disney screws fans over with dvd gargoyles has joined the list with power rangers, the marvel cartoons, and boy meets world.:( Hiopefully sense issue 1 of the comic sold out disney might want to put vol 2 out.

If I could afford it, I'd buy several copies of the Gargoyles DVDs and just give them to friends or something.

yah the thing is that they cost a crap load, but its worth it if youre a fan, but if u have not heard of the series you wouldnt get it...

NO!!! I need my volume 2 without it I'm incomplete and I'll never be able to rest in peace!!!!!

TheCorpulent1 said:
If I could afford it, I'd buy several copies of the Gargoyles DVDs and just give them to friends or something.
My friends all returned them :(

Due to the sales of the DVD, I guess Gref Weismans dream of continug the Gargoyles Saga on TV is never going to happen and he wasted a crap load of time creating a whole universe....

oh well

:(

I wouldn't say he wasted anything, considering how well the first issue of the comic sold. If he can take the stuff he created and put it into comic form, it'll be just as good as new episodes of the cartoon, as far as I'm concerned.
boywonder13 said:
All of us fans have 2 buy it plus the dvd's so we can get anew Gargoyle show.
Have you guys Read Greg Weisman (Creator of Ggopgpoyles) spin off series for the Gargoyles UNiverse they all sound so good!::http://www.angelfire.com/rings/katsaris/gargoyle.htm
Wow, some of that stuff sounds really cool. I wish he could've come up with a better name for the aliens in 2198 than "the Space-spawn," though. I really like the Quantum Leap-styled adventure featuring Brooklyn. I always thought Brooklyn should've been developed more.

Did this mini get canned or did I miss the latest issue?:confused:

I think they just stopped publishing it after the first issue. I never saw #2 on the shelves or heard anything about it after #1 came out half a year ago. Methinks it's dead. :(

Never mind, I just found this on Wikipedia:
After an extended delay, Gargoyles #2 was released on December 13, 2006.

Shame they can't get it out on time. Both issues were pretty damn good.

I probably won't even bother tracking down #2, actually. The first one was such a close adaptation to the episode it was based on that it practically wasn't worth reading if you've seen the episode. #3 is where the original stuff is supposed to start appearing, so I'll just pick it up again with that one.

December 13th? Hmmm my LCS guy didn't put it in my box, I'm gonna have to start yelling.:mad:

Yeah, #2 was delayed, but it came out. It wrapped up the Quarrymen story an' yer gonna see more original works.

And TGC sucked 'cause the story quality was dumbed down horribly. It didn't fit what came before AT ALL. I recently watched Gargoyles start to finish on Disney an' now that I see it all together there's a noticable difference. An' not just with the animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"