Xbox The Official Gears of War Thread

I mean the games screams toxic masculinity and that type of things is frowned upon now so look at the crap they getting for putting Kait front and center for 5

I just got the gilded raam for part 5 so i'm amped for September
Nah not really. It's a very masculine, male oriented, testosterone pumping game. But it's not an example of toxic masculinity.

Nah not really. It's a very masculine, male oriented, testosterone pumping game. But it's not an example of toxic masculinity.

You guys still play Gears 4 I'm still active and will be going for any characters that may transfer to 5 if any you need help getting characters let me know I'm available after 9pm east coast time for whatever

got 2000 cheevos and like 2000k hours what what lolol

look me up Supreme Beast78
Nice! I still need 585G to complete all Gears 4 achievements to 4,000. I've got 100% on all the other games (7 games including Gears of War 1 on pc and Gears 2 on Japanese Xbox 360 :D: ) except GoW: Ultimate Edition on Windows 10.

Oh was going to add you but looks I already did before. :cool::up:

Nice! I still need 585G to complete all Gears 4 achievements to 4,000. I've got 100% on all the other games (7 games including Gears of War 1 on pc and Gears 2 on Japanese Xbox 360 :D: ) except GoW: Ultimate Edition on Windows 10.

Oh was going to add you but looks I already did before. :cool::up:

dam brother u got me beat lol so i'm assuming you did those incocievable runs in campaign?

dam brother u got me beat lol so i'm assuming you did those incocievable runs in campaign?
Yeah. At least you have infinite goes at that. The hardcore one without dying at all is the worst though. Did that with a friend and we still haven’t finished his one. What a dumb achievement!

Yeah. At least you have infinite goes at that. The hardcore one without dying at all is the worst though. Did that with a friend and we still haven’t finished his one. What a dumb achievement!

I've been trying to do the one where to finish campaign on insane without using a lancer got all the way I think act 3 where u have to defend against a horde of wretches and that segment without the chainsaw is brutal still can't do it

I've been trying to do the one where to finish campaign on insane without using a lancer got all the way I think act 3 where u have to defend against a horde of wretches and that segment without the chainsaw is brutal still can't do it
Are you trying to do it solo?

Are you trying to do it solo?

yeah man but now with the Gears 5 coming in Sep i'm trying to get all the characters that I can to transfer over now and I was forced to do co-op on hardcore to get gilded Raam so it's a lost cause at this point

I like rewatching the Escape mode trailer. It's so awesome!

I like rewatching the Escape mode trailer. It's so awesome!
Yeah, I hope they really make that mode awesome. Look forward to seeing gameplay.

yeah man but now with the Gears 5 coming in Sep i'm trying to get all the characters that I can to transfer over now and I was forced to do co-op on hardcore to get gilded Raam so it's a lost cause at this point
How do you get the characters to transfer over? I’ve never been that bothered with having tonnes of characters as long I’ve got a core one that I like to play as on each side. Yeah, a lot of hose achievements are easier on coop.

How do you get the characters to transfer over? I’ve never been that bothered with having tonnes of characters as long I’ve got a core one that I like to play as on each side. Yeah, a lot of hose achievements are easier on coop.

in the message of the day it has requirements for characters you can get to use now ex: Gilded Raam so any of the Gilded characters you earn for 4 you will be able to carry them over to 5 with your Gamer tag another one is Gilded Marcus you need to have completed 50 achievements total since game was released which i'm assuming you have

in the message of the day it has requirements for characters you can get to use now ex: Gilded Raam so any of the Gilded characters you earn for 4 you will be able to carry them over to 5 with your Gamer tag another one is Gilded Marcus you need to have completed 50 achievements total since game was released which i'm assuming you have
Oh right thanks. Yeah I should have that. I want to go back and mop up whatever achievements are left now to get to 4,000. It’s mostly from the last couple of updates I believe.

I see that escape mode as a wasteland after a month
it seems like it's just campaign with an escape gimmick can't see how can that be interesting past a week but I'm hope I'm surprised

MP and Horde are my cup of tea

Oh right thanks. Yeah I should have that. I want to go back and mop up whatever achievements are left now to get to 4,000. It’s mostly from the last couple of updates I believe.

Most are weapons based ex: 20 double kills with the drop shot is one I got recently and Boom
3 headshots with Embar without reloading etc...

Most are weapons based ex: 20 double kills with the drop shot is one I got recently and Boom
3 headshots with Embar without reloading etc...
Yeah, I need the 2 longshot supers and another dropshot headshot to complete those. Then some horde achievements and a fair chunk of the final update left to do.

Yeah, I need the 2 longshot supers and another dropshot headshot to complete those. Then some horde achievements and a fair chunk of the final update left to do.

I still need some horde hit me up if you want to co-op on some of those I still need to finish horde on 3 of the launch maps they took them out of the rotation

Gridlock being the main one
I was in limbo at the games launch so I could n't commit the time I would have liked

Getting close to finishing all the Gears 4 achievements. Can't wait for Gears 5 campaign/horde/multiplayer gameplay.

I still need some horde hit me up if you want to co-op on some of those I still need to finish horde on 3 of the launch maps they took them out of the rotation

Gridlock being the main one
I was in limbo at the games launch so I could n't commit the time I would have liked
Give me a shout if you need help on those.

Cool. I probably won't use it much but it's a nice option and I'm sure people will do awesome things

Give me a shout if you need help on those.

appreciate it

the map builder thing is interesting i'm not that creative lol so I will be looking forward to playing the different maps the community creates and in true gears fashion crap on all the maps I lose in :oldrazz:

Yeah, the mapbuilder could be interesting. I probably won't use it all the time but it will be a nice novelty every now and then to play on a map I've designed, or that someone else has. Also could be fun to design maps for others and see how they get on with it. I did this on Command and Conquer quite a bit.

so, realistically, do you need to play Gears 1-3 before starting Gears 4? Is 4 a good staring point for a newbie, since it's the start of a new series in the franchise?

I played a bit of Gears 1 last night. but I'm debating if I just do Gears 4 instead and try to finish that before Gears 5 launches in September. Don't know if I will be able to play and finish all 4 games before Gears 5 comes out.

It's a new starting point and you'll be fine enough but I recommend all the games for the full recap. Although you can find videos like that on youtube game recaps and full timeline

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"