The official Gerard Butler Appreciation thread.

Darthphere

Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
This is a thread to the actor playing Spartan King Leonidas. Ive been a fan of him for a while. Hes a top notch actor and its good to see him getting out there in the lime light for once. Share all your thoughts, pics, links, articles and videos on him here.

P.S. Apparently, according to my sister the girls find him attractive *cough*

I can see why, I mean, from the pics of the behind the scenes stuff, he's hella buff.

What other movies has he done before?

Hes probably most famous for playing the Phantom in Phantom of the Opera. One of my favorite movies overall is Dear Frankie.

Gerard Butler would have made a good James Bond. Or a good Superman for that matter.

Dr. Fate said:
Gerard Butler would have made a good James Bond. Or a good Superman for that matter.

That scottish acent I think wouldve gotten in the way.:p

I thought you were talking about that asshat from My Chemical Romance. I guess he has a different last name.

Someone gimme a pic of him in 300? Which is he?

Mr. Socko said:
Someone gimme a pic of him in 300? Which is he?

He plays King Leonidas.

gerard-butler-300-2.jpg

300-sig.jpg

looks kinda flabby...

:)

He first got attention starring in Dracula 2000, and has starred in Reign of Fire, Tomb Raider 2, Attila, Timeline, and most notably Phantom.

He's a damn good choice for the lead, carry's alot of intensity and screen presance.

Nivek said:
looks kinda flabby...

:)

He first got attention starring in Dracula 2000, and has starred in Reign of Fire, Tomb Raider 2, Attila, Timeline, and most notably Phantom.

He's a damn good choice for the lead, carry's alot of intensity and screen presance.

Man, if that's flabby, I don't want to see fit! :eek: ;)

Yeah, Phantom kinda sucked, but Butler was a great highlight as the Phantom. I bet he'll play a good Leonidas. :up:

Attila was pretty good, too. That was cool since he also played Dracula, a decendant of Attila the Hun.

beowulf and grendel is well worth checking out - excellent film...

Gerard Butler's been in some pretty terrible films

Yeah I bet the guy'll be awesome in this movie, tho.

(hopefully!)

Ronny Shade said:
Yeah I bet the guy'll be awesome in this movie, tho.

(hopefully!)

Hes a good actor, just hasnt caught that big break yet. Hopefully this will be it.

Both Butler and the movie 300 will be awesome. I did had my doubts about him (being Greek myself and fan of the comic, I want this movie to be as good as possible), but as soon as I watched the making ofs, I'm highly optimistic.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"