X2: X-Men United The Official X-Men 2 (2003) Appreciation Thread

I recently did a rewatch of all the films and X2 remains one of the best. One of the best comic book films, in general.

X2 and DOFP are by far my favorite films in the series.
X2 holds up so well.

watched this and x-men as part of rewatching of all films in series.x2 holds out so wel.still love this film.

I recently did a rewatch of all the films and X2 remains one of the best. One of the best comic book films, in general.

X2 and DOFP are by far my favorite films in the series.
X2 holds up so well.
Best writing of the franchise until Logan came around. I'd like to see the kind of quality again from the mainline films.

X-men 2 will always hold a special place in my heart out of all comic book movies. Actually that goes for both of the first two X-men movies, but especially X-men 2.

So one thing that always bugged me, because it is a link to the flaws of X3: what was the point of Jean dying? Couldn't she use the stress and alert of the dam coming at her and the X-Men to evolve into Phoenix instead? And from there, she'd be alive? Would've been better, and have a better execution on the story of evolution, and her story from X2-X3.

I don't get why she died, and it always bothered me. Maybe it wouldn't if X3 was just as better, if not unflawed. But I feel that in the effort of being "Wrath of Khan", there was a reason why Sock's death worked and the meaning behind it that the crew behind X2 couldn't grasped.

Saw this again recently, goddamn it's good.

Still great memories of seeing this in the theater back in '03, too. This & Ang Lee's Hulk, great year for comics stuff.

I'm late to the party but oh my god I just love this movie so much. Especially Nightcrawler...but you could probably tell that from my username.

X2 is definitely still my favorite X-Men movie, though I'll need to watch Logan again to make sure. The opening scene was brilliant, as well as the mansion scene, the ending against Stryker and Lady Deathstrike; too many amazing scenes to count, really.

I did love First Class and I enjoyed DOFP as well (I hated that the minority mutants got murdered over and over in the future instead of how the comics did it; would've loved to see old Wolverine, Colossus and Shadowcat kicking ass and taking names throughout a continuous storyline).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"