The Official Ghost Rider Hype Lounge!

How is it cheating using Marvel's spelling? By the way My Screen Name is old Norse too the Correct spelling is Vorthr, means Guardian Angel.

Ahh. Someone who's knowledge of Nordic "mythos" (I REALLY hate that word) rivals my own.
Marvel cheated because they Americanized it. The 2 L translation, tho still a bastardization of the word is still European. (I think Snorri Sturlsson came up with it originally).
Then again, there's this annoying lil thing called "artistic license" that pops up continually and makes a pain in the @$$ out of itself.

I feel like expressing my thoughtz about this part of the board.

It's a lot like the ghostrider character himself.... not very popular, but still cool.

I visited here last year, got bored with it and left because I don't like ghostrider, but he's an interesting to see brought to life on screen. Then I saw ghostrider, and it was cool, so I come back and suddenly this place actually has more than one person in it, mostly here to just bash the movie and probably never return.

That's interesting, isn't it. It makes GR doing well at the box office so much more satisfying because no matter how many have their crusade to bash it down, it's obviously having no impact outside the internet where most people have all their marbles in place, I suppose.

LOL

OK. I REALLY need to stop posting drunk from karaoke bars, but has anyone else seen the lil GR figures? they come in 2 packs with a punisher figure, but they're made for wee lil kids.
I've put off buying them, but everytime I go to the store, I'm more than half tempted to get one.

BTW...Where's Biggun? The board seems a lil empty without his input

And we have one less forum. The spoiler forum is gone. At least, until they announce GR 2. :D

Ahh. Someone who's knowledge of Nordic "mythos" (I REALLY hate that word) rivals my own.
Marvel cheated because they Americanized it. The 2 L translation, tho still a bastardization of the word is still European. (I think Snorri Sturlsson came up with it originally).
Then again, there's this annoying lil thing called "artistic license" that pops up continually and makes a pain in the @$$ out of itself.
Well I am an Artist too. :D For years I thought my last name was bastardised, I'm 3rd generation from Germany found out it stands for a lumberjack type guy.

Don't know if these were posted, or even how accurate, but here is movie trivia from IMDC.com. Most of it is already well known, but the bad place, it's something for me to post at 6 AM.

Jon Voight was attached to the project at one point but dropped out.

Nicolas Cage had to have his Ghost Rider tattoo covered with make-up in order to play Johnny Blaze (Ghost Rider).

A large group of on-lookers converged on a bridge in Melbourne to watch scenes being filmed in a nearby location. Over the four days of filming at this location, the crowds grew so large that traffic was often disrupted and public transport operators reported an unusual jump in passenger traffic to the area.

Some scenes were filmed near Flinders St Station, the busiest railway station in Melbourne. Parts of the station were closed for filming, as well as minor alterations to train services being made.

Nicolas Cage's hairpiece required three hours to apply every day.

To create the Ghost Rider's voice, sound designer Don Davis recorded all of Nicolas Cage's lines as the Ghost Rider, and then filtered them through three different kinds of animal growls (played backwards, covering three separate frequencies) and then played them through a mechanical volumizer, before finally giving them a fiery crackle. Director Mark Steven Johnson compared it to "a deep, demonic, mechanical lion's roar" and says that "one thing is for sure, his voice will shake the theatre!"

Johnny Depp' was interested in playing the title role.

Nicolas Cage's computer generated skull was made from a three dimensional x-ray taken of his actual skull.

One of the bridges being used in Melbourne was months away from completion, so the studio paid to have tar, lines, lights etc added to the highway for filming purposes. The work was then ripped up and redone to meet Australian Safety Standards.

The flame tank chopper Johnny Blaze rides is a modern replica of the "Captain America" chopper that Peter Fonda rides in Easy Rider.

The shotgun used in the movie is a Model 1887 Winchester lever-action shotgun.

Nicolas Cage wrote sections of the script.

The Johnny Blaze video game seen in the movie is actually a game called "Crusty Demons" developed by UK games company "Climax". Climax also developed the Ghost Rider video game.

The Caretaker/Carter Slade Ghost Rider character is a tribute to the original Marvel Comics Ghost Rider (now called The Phantom Rider to avoid confusion). However, the character in the comics is simply a regular human who wears a white costume and rides a white painted horse which both covered with phosphorous for a glowing effect.

Director Mark Steven Johnson actually put forward his own money so that an action sequence where Ghost Rider battles a helicopter could be made.

When Johnny and Mack are on the tour bus and Mack is watching TV, the motorcycle rider shown is Travis Pastrana.

Was originally planned for a summer 2006 release. However, director Mark Steven Johnson asked for more time to complete more action shots. One of these shots is the scene in which Ghost Rider battles a helicopter.

Didn't know Johnny Depp was interested in playing Blaze. I wonder what his take on the character would have been.

:huh:

edward-scissorhands.jpg

Imagine flames instead of scissors and there you go. :)

I don't think I would have watched the film if Depp played Blaze. He doesn't seem like he'd be the right actor for the jon.

The timeline thing is awesome, by the way MM. Fantastic work man!

Indeedy. I had a read through the timeline too. Great collection of info there, MM. Boy, did it take me back! I remember reading some of those interviews and stories two years ago, but it feels like only a few months. Where did the time go?

I spent so much time here talking about the film and eagerly digesting any news about it, and now it's done and dusted and out there. It's history. Unbelievable.

:wow:

I so haven't been here in a while. :csad:
FH,did you ever get a copy of that news broadcast of you?
I never got to see it. :O

I feel so alone. :(

Hey flameriders. What's up?

FH -- you still here?

Vartha -- whats up with you big guy?

Lads?

not much going on here other than waiting for the DVD and the new Thor Series coming out.

Cool V.

Somehow I was sucked into a deathmatch. Any of you that feel like voting feel free.

Trust you are all well.

June 12th is the date right? Extended version?

Excellent. :ghost:

Hopefully the DVD will be out June 12th if nothing changes.

Hey, guys: a little question here.
GR didn´t get a MAD MAGAZINE parody?
Those stuff is cool.

Ghost Rider could make a good parody. It's been too long since I read a Mad Mag.

Reminds me of the great flood of ought three...yep. Those were the days.
Where's my rockin chair you lil whipper snappers?

Sorry. Just having a moment there.
I first joined the boards here in 02 or 03 when I first found out about a GR movie being in the makes. Been here ever since.
MM, FH, Biggun...where ever he disappeared to, you guys were all staples here, and your encouragement and input here made me keep coming back.
Waddaya say we throw a big ol' BBQ where food, beer and Hype friends flow in copious amounts somewhere?
No? Just a thought.

Sounds great to me, KB. Although it'll probably be too far away for me.

:yay:

It's WAY too quiet in here.
If someone doesn't come up with a decent bump here, I'm gonna start logging a weekly inventory of all my GR toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"