The Official Gran Turismo Thread

I absolutely suck at GT games... but I want this based on its looks alone. I doubt I get it right away... but man, epic looking game is epic looking. :p
I also suck at them. Im not good at racing sims and preferred arcade racers.

Man I thought the game came out today. Wonder why they went for a Wednesday release as opposed to the standard Tues

Man I thought the game came out today. Wonder why they went for a Wednesday release as opposed to the standard Tues
Yeah, I dunno. I thought it came out today, cause it's Tuesday, so I went to Wal-Mart, and saw they had them, and when the person tried to ring it up, the computer wouldn't let him sell it to me. I was kinda pissed.:argh:

I'm really pissed about GS not having a midnight launch. I am going to run by WalMart at midnight and see if I can get it then. What makes it worse is that the dude at GS told me they going to have one when I preordered it. Lies! :csad:

I also suck at them. Im not good at racing sims and preferred arcade racers.

I really suck at GT. I suck so bad I gave in and just downloaded GT5 Prologue saves so I could have every car.

I'm really pissed about GS not having a midnight launch. I am going to run by WalMart at midnight and see if I can get it then. What makes it worse is that the dude at GS told me they going to have one when I preordered it. Lies! :csad:

I went to Gamestop today to pick up Splatterhouse and asked about a midnight launch for GT5. The guy told me that because it missed the 11/2 release date they couldn't do one this late in the month due to Black Friday hours.

Cannot wait to get this game:)Getting the PS3 bundle for Christmas I hope.Comes with 160gb PS3,Little Big Planet,Modnation,and Cars.Looking forward to MGS4,GT5,and Little Big Planet.

Sweet! Make sure to post your PSN name when you get set up. :up:

Hi guys, OK after messing around with the game for a few hours all I have to say is, DAMN THIS GAME HAS ALLOTA CRAP LOL!!!:eek::up: Seriously though, this thing is feature packed and I mean PACKED, It's like having almost every single type of racing game you've ever played on one disc, drifting, arcade, rally, Nascar, you name it, it's got it, it even has cart racing for Pete sakes lol!!!:cool::up: Needless to say, the game is gorgeous, the cars are just WOW and the tracks are perfection, the frame rate is flawless, and I really like the main menu/Hub design, it's great!!! Other than that it sucks, 1000/10!!!:o:oldrazz::D:D:D:up:

Hi guys, OK after messing around with the game for a few hours all I have to say is, DAMN THIS GAME HAS ALLOTA CRAP LOL!!!:eek::up: Seriously though, this thing is feature packed and I mean PACKED, It's like having almost every single type of racing game you've ever played on one disc, drifting, arcade, rally, Nascar, you name it, it's got it, it even has cart racing for Pete sakes lol!!!:cool::up: Needless to say, the game is gorgeous, the cars are just WOW and the tracks are perfection, the frame rate is flawless, and I really like the main menu/Hub design, it's great!!! Other than that it sucks, 1000/10!!!:o:oldrazz::D:D:D:up:

Lol, I don't think iv ever seen u give a game lower than a 10. Love the enthusiasm man.

So I was pretty much set to get this game. Im a HUGE sim racing fan(love forza and F12010) but after reading a few reviews it appears like the game is all flash and no substance. I don't care how good the game looks, if they can't nail the feeling of driving a car, they fail.

I still think I'm going to get the game but I refuse to play any sim racer without a wheel. I have the Microsoft wireless racing wheel which is amazing and am wondering if Sony offers something similar? Price isn't too big a deal, actually I don't want any wheel that would cost under 100 bux. Any ideas?

I still think I'm going to get the game but I refuse to play any sim racer without a wheel. I have the Microsoft wireless racing wheel which is amazing and am wondering if Sony offers something similar? Price isn't too big a deal, actually I don't want any wheel that would cost under 100 bux. Any ideas?

I just saw THIS at another site.

I have the Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel, which is a premium wheel that is compatible with both XBOX 360 and PS3.

I just got GT5, and I'm uploading it to my HDD. Should take about 20-30 min, and then I get to play. I just hope it's good, cause the reviews haven't been that spectacular for it. But I'm excited non-the-less.

I just got home with my CE copy. I can't wait to get started!!

I dunno, I've set everything up, got me wheel in the right position, have done a few laps, and it just feels a bit underwhelming. I really hate to say this, and I'm not trying to start a flame war, but this game just wants me to put in FM3. I'll keep playing tonight, and I hope my attitude changes, but so far, I'm not blown away by this game. I wish I was, I really do, cause this is the entire reason why I got a PS3. Again, I'll keep playing and advance enough to get better cars.

Let me know what you guys think of it so far.

Lol, I don't think iv ever seen u give a game lower than a 10. Love the enthusiasm man.

So I was pretty much set to get this game. Im a HUGE sim racing fan(love forza and F12010) but after reading a few reviews it appears like the game is all flash and no substance. I don't care how good the game looks, if they can't nail the feeling of driving a car, they fail.

Lol, thanks, I usually rate the games I buy based on how much fun I'm having with them, I mean let's face it, that's what gaming's all about right, having fun!!!:awesome::up: Now this doesn't mean that I have low standards,:o I just usually know before hand, and after doing some research, if I'm gonna enjoy a game that I'm planing to buy!!!:D:up: I'm usually pretty sure about my purchase, although every now and then I do make a boo boo lol!!!:doh: But I rarely buy one I actually hate, others may not like the games I choose, but fortunately or unfortunately for them, they don't have to play them!!!:o:oldrazz:;):D

getting first on the top gear vw van challenge is annoying. like a license test with slow huge cars in your way. i just want to unlock the track to use other cars on but no, i have to be one car short all the damn time.

As soon as I finish NFS Hot Pursuit, I'm gonna jump right back onto this game

I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I don't see what others are complaining about it's amazing. Good Thanksgiving weekend for sure.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I don't see what others are complaining about it's amazing. Good Thanksgiving weekend for sure.

Same here. It has that wonderful GT feel, but times 100. I am very happy with how it turned out. I take the reviews with even more grains of salt, due to the fact that most reviewers got their copies on Monday. So they only had 2 days to play it. That's not enough time to even scratch the surface of what the game has to offer. I don't really care. I am loving it and that's all that matters to me. :up:

Got to play the game at a buddies house(sans racing wheel) and it's instantly clear why this game has received the scores it has. It can look gorgeous and plain at the same time, but most importantly, compared to some other titles, the driving just isn't as fun. I think it was Codemasters that stated the game felt "sterile" and compared to F1 2010, it really is. I also think it suffered from the Alan Wake syndrome in that due to the length of dev time the expectations were just too high. It's a solid title, no doubt, but the elements that are vital to a racing sim are done better in other titles.

I'd still like to get some more time with it and play it the way it was meant to be played(with a wheel). I'll prob still pick it up sometime after Christmas.

Last edited:
golded the topgear challenge 1. managed to complete the second one one in about 40 attempts. that lotus is a machine built to be able to go as fast as it can in optimal conditions so you have to be careful in none optimal conditions like taking a corner. easy to use more power than the traction of the rubber can take.

found out it's got really bad tires for racing on it. might buy one later to see what its like with good tires.

Last edited:
It took me 1 and a half hours to install this game. What. The. Hell.

I own a mustang, so of course it was the second car I bought in the game as soon as I leveled up high enough to buy it, and I turned it into a freaking monster MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:twisted::up: It went from like 290 Hrsp to like 750, it's a BEAST lol, I love this game!!!:awesome::up:

I think to truly enjoy this game to its greatest extent, you have to play with the GT racing wheel. The amount of feedback (and accuracy) with it is ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"