The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I hate about Cap's suit is the drawings of wings on the helmet, I love the suit a lot

I was just thinking about the day SM1 opened; I changed my voicemail greeting. It opened with the classic Spider-Man theme song & I said "Hi-this is Chris. Today is Friday, May 3rd and you obviously know me, so I can't imagine why you thought you'd be able to reach me today! So at the beep, you know what to do..."
I did it again for 2.

Possibly my top 5 favorite scene:

Peter: Go web! Fly! Up, up, and away web! Shazam! Go! Go web go! Tally ho!

spider11.gif

spider9.gif

spider14.gif

spider12.gif

^Funnily enough watched the first movie for the first time in a long time tonight and was in stitches at that scene, loved the whole movie, must be a couple of years since I watched it forgot how good it was.

Holy smoke those are incredible.

As for your avy nice job man. I can tell a lot of time and effort went into it. Well it payed off. :up:
Change your avatar, as you make everyone else's avatar look stupid. :up:
Btw, JaD, your avatar kicks butt!
Ha, thanks. It was quite a project, it just randomly came to me when I was trying to sleep the other night, then just jotted some ideas down before goin' to bed. Here's another one I sported for a while back

spideycrossjd.gif

Any1CwatIdidth3r? :hehe: I'll probably remake it one of these days since I can up the quality now with the new filesizes on SHH.

Haven't you heard? JaD is the reigning king of gif's. I don't even attempt to get a gif unless I go through him.
That's just crazy talk yo! :oldrazz: By the way, congrats on the baby, 2 days before Christmas!? I guess that means she'll be a spoiled little one ey? :hehe:
These are amazing.
Awesome!!!! I love that you used the same font too. I think my favorite one is with JJJ.
Awesome, Awesome, and more awesome!
Those are some fantastic gifs my friend!
Thanks, and more thanks :yay: I'm sure I'll put up some of my other stuff later :spidey:

Just looking at his Avvy makes me laugh off some of these Raimi series complaints. I think some are going to come out appreciating the Raimi series as whole, once the reboot comes out. I don't mean the reboot will be bad but some are going to go in expecting aspects that were present in the Raimi series and they'll be bummed out. Mark my words.

I don't mean to sound arrogant or sinister with my remarks but just in those little clips in his Avvy you can tell that Raimi gave us one hell of a Spider-Man. There's just no doubt in my mind.

Raimi's Spider-Man really is a milestone in comic book films from this past decade. It dominated the past decade and it deserves every bit of praise it gets. An incredible trilogy, no doubt about it.

Just looking at his Avvy makes me laugh off some of these Raimi series complaints. I think some are going to come out appreciating the Raimi series as whole, once the reboot comes out. I don't mean the reboot will be bad but some are going to go in expecting aspects that were present in the Raimi series and they'll be bummed out. Mark my words.

I don't mean to sound arrogant or sinister with my remarks but just in those little clips in his Avvy you can tell that Raimi gave us one hell of a Spider-Man. There's just no doubt in my mind.
You know what, to be completely honest with you. That was exactly the message I was trying to send with the avvy, that's why it took so much work to get it right. Try scrunching in 3 movies into 40 frames :lmao: So I'm glad you said that, it was literally right there in my mind as I was making it. :yay:
Raimi's Spider-Man really is a milestone in comic book films from this past decade. It dominated the past decade and it deserves every bit of praise it gets. An incredible trilogy, no doubt about it.
I'm glad I was finally able to buy the Spider-Man trilogy in blu-ray, even though I already had all 3 on DVD :lmao: including the Spider-Man 2 dvd giftset. So I practically created my own Spider-Man Trilogy Blu-Ray DVD Deluxe Combo Holy Sh** That's Alot of Discs Pack

I might use this later on, if you don't mind. :up:

It would really suit you :cwink:

I'd like to make a request. I'd love an avatar of Doc Ock motioning to Spidey to come here with his hand when he says "Oh she'll be just fine. Lets talk" on the clock tower, please.

I'm really thinking about picking up the trilogy on Blu-Ray son. I have multiple copies of each on DVD, so why not blu ray?

My only problem with BLu Ray is this. Every few months, there are firmware updates available for it, and if you don't have them, then you can't play certain Blu-Ray discs. It's happened to me about 3 to 4 time so far. I bought a film for $15 and it doesn't work. I got all 3 firmware updates, and although the quality really improved, I still couldn't play it. Don't get me wrong, I can play most blu-Ray discs, just not every single one.

That's just crazy talk yo! :oldrazz: By the way, congrats on the baby, 2 days before Christmas!? I guess that means she'll be a spoiled little one ey? :hehe:
No more than her mother. She was actually born on her mom's birthday!

Definately, and i'm not of these people who wants this new series to fail, far from it, as a fan of the character I hope its good, but I just cant see it being as good as Raimi's trilogy, Raimi just captured the magic of the character for me, more so in first 2 movies, but plenty of times in the 3rd movie also, overall, its a superb Spidey trilogy.

TRIVIA TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. What's the name of the law firm that Peter is racing to deliver the pizza to at the beginning of S-M2?

2. According to the novel, what's the real reason why MJ bombed at the soap oera audition?

3. What is the name of Eddie Brock's father?

4. According to the novel, what petty measure of vengeance did Peter exact on the snooty usher?

5. How many different Goblin masks do we see in Harry's lair?

6. How many specific comic book images are re-created in the movies? Name them. (Feel free to post pics)

7. Who did macy Gray think the villain attacking the festival in her scene was supposed to be, according to interviews?

8. How many "power failures" does Spidey experience in SM2?

9. What nicknames did Molina give to Ock's tentacles?

10. An unseen extra was revealed to be Sam Raimi himself. Name the scene.

I can only answer 8, 9, and 10:

- Five power failures. Falling from the sky after MJ's play. Organic webbing fails in the bank fight with Ock. Webbing fails again when swinging after the planetarium party. Falls off the wall in the alley. Fails to make the massive jump off the building roof.

- Harry, Larry, Moe, and Flo are what Molina named the tentacles.

- The guy who slaps Peter in the head with his black carrier bag when Peter drops his books on his way Dr Connors class in SM-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"