The Official "I'm Not Excited About This Movie At All" Thread

^ the reviews have been extremely positive tho not just 6

it may win best picture

I despise wrestling. I loved The Wrestler.

I'm not into ballet. Billy Elliot is one of my favorite movies. And I can't wait to see Black Swan.

I'm fully aware of what The Social Network is about. And I'll probably see it eventually. But I'm in no rush to see it. Just not interested. That's all there is to it.

That's great.... move along then.

I'm amazed by how some of you are convinced that The Social Network is going to be "great." And you know this how? Unless you've actually seen the movie, then it could turn out to be completely awful, no matter how good the trailer might be. Some reviews are in on RT, and while they are good ones, there are still only six.

Perhaps it will end up being great and those of us who doubt the film (or as the thread indicates, lack any real interest in it) for various reasons will have to eat our words. But until then, wait and see. There have been plenty of films that looked great in the previews and turned out to be crap.

I highly doubt it's gonna be awful. Six reviews yes, but they are all positive. If it was truly awful, there would be bad reviews. What does Last Airbender have? 6% and that is supposedly an awful film.

have you heard the reviews for passion play

people have been giving it a 1/10 lol

Well, I think to be fair, not many would be defending The Social Network if not for the director. Like, seriously, I bet almost everyone posting in here about this would be either saying the same stuff or nothing at all if anyone else was behind the camera.

Of course, that is a very good reason for defending interest in the film, so...

Well duh. Fincher is a great director, anyone less of him, I'd be worried for this film. But Fincher gives me confidence. This film fits him somehow. It has a solid cast and a four time Emmy award winning writer. I mean please, other than this "just being about facebook movie" that people are blindly throwing around, what does this film have going against it?

Last edited:
Why the hell is everyone attacking "Due Date" for saying it doesn't look funny?
HELLO, MCFLY! ANYBODY HOME? IT'S A COMEDY! THEY'RE DOING THE RIGHT THING BY NOT PUTTING THE REALLY FUNNY PARTS IN THE TRAILER!

Exactly. In fact, don't we hear everyone complaining about how they put all the funny parts in the trailers? :huh: The trailer had just enough funny parts (to me anyway) but the Hangover's trailer wasn't that funny. The Other Guys too. I'd prefer they hold it off. It's just about marketing it right. With comedies, you should get the people intrigues with the plot and characters with some funny bits but don't blow it out.

Well that I can see if it's not appealing. But if it doesn't look funny at all? After constant complaining of, "That trailer was too funny! They're giving so much away!" The director of Old School and The Hangover not make a funny film? I just think they're holding off on the funnies. Which is the right thing to do.

Exactly. In fact, don't we hear everyone complaining about how they put all the funny parts in the trailers? :huh: The trailer had just enough funny parts (to me anyway) but the Hangover's trailer wasn't that funny. The Other Guys too. I'd prefer they hold it off. It's just about marketing it right. With comedies, you should get the people intrigues with the plot and characters with some funny bits but don't blow it out.

It could go either way. I thought the hangover's trailer was f**king hilarious while The Other Guys trailer was meh and I almost didn't see it (I'm glad I did).

But on thing I liked about The Other Guys trailer is that they used the line-o-rama lines in the trailers and commercials instead of the actual dialogue. I really want more comedies to do that.

Well duh. Fincher is a great director, anyone less of him, I'd be worried for this film. But Fincher gives me confidence. This film fits him somehow. It has a solid cast and a four time Emmy award winning writer. I mean please, other than this "just being about facebook movie" that people are blindly throwing around, what does this film have going against it?

Well duh, eh? Okay, but I was just saying because it seems a lot of people are getting crap for not being interesting in the movie, and we all know if not for that name, half of you guys would probably be in the same boat. So, I'm not seeing the big deal if people aren't. I kind of agree, sure, that just dismissing if simply for being about Facebook is ill-sighted, but damn near everyone was in that boat (A movie about Facebook/the people who made Facebook, psst, who cares) until Fincher came abroad (the one to see, Best Picture Oscar, must see, how can you not have interest in this piece of cinematic gold!?).

I mean, honestly, I like Fincher but am not all that interested in the film. And, yeah, part of it has to do with lack of interest in Facebook, how Facebook came to be, and the people behind it. That, and the trailer really didn't grab me and none of the cast really interest me. I may watch it later on DVD/Blu or something, but I'm really in no rush to see it just because Fincher is attached. It's perfectly understandable to me.

Ooooohhhh come on Spidey, the original Wall Street is a classic. Michael Douglas is brilliant in that film. I can understand why people have reserves about the sequel, but the first one was so good (other than Daryl Hannah).
It was meh to me...sorry.

How about any film coming out in the next 10 years starring Sam Worthington?

I swear, every time I hear he's been cast as the lead in some movie, I lose all interest in it.

^ the reviews have been extremely positive tho not just 6

it may win best picture
hahahahhahahah. please tell me you are not talking about Social Network :awesome:

you can not think that it has ny chance of winning.

I have seen the Social Network and I can tell you that it will be nominated for best movie and it has a pretty good chance of winning as of right now.

How about any film coming out in the next 10 years starring Sam Worthington?

I swear, every time I hear he's been cast as the lead in some movie, I lose all interest in it.
:up:

hahahahhahahah. please tell me you are not talking about Social Network :awesome:

you can not think that it has ny chance of winning.
It will get a nom and it has a great chance of winning. The only thing that could hurt it is if the buzz dies down and the old oscar voters don't get it.

Last edited:
For some reason, I am completely unenthused about The Last Airbender...

We suffered early in the US, and we suffered The Last Airbender for you guys. :D

The Social Network.....easily.

It looks like just a Hollywood-ized waste of time and money and it looks like a snoozefest!

I already know the story....don't need it to see it tried to be dramatized with annoyong actors nonetheless.

I will gladly pass on this.....Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"