The Official Jimmy Olsen Casting & Discussion Thread

I think Paul Dano would make a great Jimmy Olsen. He was good in "There Will Be Blood".

pauldano0509md.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0200452/

if they went the popular kid route i'd have no problem though with josh peck...

wackness-joshpeck.jpg

Whoever they get, it would be nice if they got an actual ginger this time.

I kind of liked the scenes with Jimmy and Clark in SR, or at least the idea of the two of them hanging out at least.

Adam Wylie

Adam%2520Wylie.jpg

He was the voice for Jimmy in the Superman Doomsday animated feature, and now I thinks he's ready for a live action film.

Whoever they get, it would be nice if they got an actual ginger this time.

I kind of liked the scenes with Jimmy and Clark in SR, or at least the idea of the two of them hanging out at least.

Huntington was a great Jimmy IMO.

Joseph Mazzello (The Social Network). He was the kid of Jurassic Park.

s-josephmazzello-jimmy.jpg

Last edited:
My vote goes to Evan Peters (the other friend from Kick-Ass). Good comedic timing and he wouldn't overshadow anybody. Perfect for Jimmy.

kickasse.jpg

I finally seen Little Miss Sunshine tonight. Dano would be an excellent Jimmy. I'd seen him before in There Will Be Blood, and he was great in that too.

There's quite a large number of good choices for Jimmy. :up:

Two choices for me.
Joseph Levitt-Gordan being #1
Joseph%20Gordon-Levitt-CSH-055339.jpg

And Michael Cera being #2
michael_cera_hot25.jpg

I think Cera is stereotyped with a certain persona now. That might overshadow the role.

Considering how young Cavill is, Olsen will have to look REALLY young.

Oh god as long as it's not a kid from a apatow comedy!

I think people are skewing too old for Jimmy. A lot of these names are older than our Superman! The role will probably go to a relative unknown.

How about Crash from Crash and the Boys? You know, that band with Crash and those boys.

39983.jpg

As improbable as he may be, I would love it if they got Yelchin. I think he'd make the perfect Jimmy. Also, I wouldn't mind it if Jimmy found out Clark and Superman were one and the same in the second film, but that he actually knew they were all along.

yelchin.jpg

As improbable as he may be, I would love it if they got Yelchin. I think he'd make the perfect Jimmy. Also, I wouldn't mind it if Jimmy found out Clark and Superman were one and the same in the second film, but that he actually knew they were all along.

yelchin.jpg
I'm all for Anton. He brings gravitas to a role that's long been parodied and treated like a cardboard cutout. It would be nice to see a realistic depiction of a young photographer instead of the gee-whiz 1950s schoolboy who still wears awful bowties.

I'm all for Anton. He brings gravitas to a role that's long been parodied and treated like a cardboard cutout. It would be nice to see a realistic depiction of a young photographer instead of the gee-whiz 1950s schoolboy who still wears awful bowties.

Agreed. He'd add some great comic relief while also brining depth to a kid who's eager to be a real photographer. I just don't know if he'd be willing to do another large-scale film where he plays the not-so-main character, ala Star Trek and Terminator: Salvation, though I thought he was great in both. Combine those with Charlie Bartlett, and you've got a great Jimmy Olson.

Considering how young Cavill is, Olsen will have to look REALLY young.

I think people are skewing too old for Jimmy. A lot of these names are older than our Superman! The role will probably go to a relative unknown.

Another reason I'd cast Jimmy young is so he'd appeal to the teenage crowd and the kids, just like Jimmy does in the comics. A younger cast member would also attract teenage girls, and as much as I hate to bring up Twilight, the actors there appeal to young girls because they're closer to their own age. And girls go see those movies in droves.

I'd take every opportunity to put more butts into seats when the movie's out! Cavill as Superman will be a huge draw for both women and girls, and a dorky awkward teenage boy as Jimmy would be like a cherry on top for the younger crowd in general. Inception has a big female following because of the casting choices (JGL, Hardy, Paige, DiCaprio), it's all over the map. I wouldn't mind JGL as Jimmy, what a choice! Didn't even think of him, though he may be too old by now, unless he can play very young.

The best choice would probably be someone in their teens or early 20's. Someone teenagers can relate to and try to imagine themselves to be in his shoes.

yelchin.jpg

Yes, Yelchin would be awesome! His looks are perfect for Jimmy. He can be adorable, dorky (or adorable + dorky = adorkable :woot:), awkward, cute, energetic, brave and all those things at the same time. He just makes you smile. Jimmy's a warm person and a good guy, one you can root for. He's eager to help which is endearing, and he has his brave moments. He's not just comic relief by any means or a useless filler character. They could do some amazing things with him if they wanted. Involve him more in the action, let him help out Clark/Superman. How do you call that? Let him "do some of the heavy lifting"? Yes. Featuring him in an important scene wouldn't hurt. Give the actor some meat to work with.

If they cast someone who's considered rather, uh, annoying among quite a few people, like Cera, all that warmth would be gone, and his annoying traits would take over the character. Like Tomar-Re said, Cera could overshadow his role.

Adam Brody is like 4 years older than Henry Cavill. haha.

I'm really rooting for Paul Dano, at this point.

Someone here brought up the actor who played Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter films. At first I was like 'eh?' and then the more I thought of it, the more clever of an idea it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"