The official Jonah Hex thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of checking this out......I know its been torn apart in reviews and stuff, should I check it out, are people just hatin to hate? or is it really that bad?

is bad because the producers make bad decision,make thefilme a lost opportunity and a wasteof time.But the best opinion is your opinion, so watch anyway and later back to talk what you think about.
icon14.gif

Can't say I didn't get what I expected; it was **** alright.

Got this movie from netflix today. I think I'll get drunk before watching it!

I guess I expected worse, thought it was decent. Could've been 1000x times better. I thought giving Hex a power was lame.

Though I thought Josh Brolin was an excellent Hex. :D

I thought the main plot was..pretty stupid. I rarely use the word stupid but in this case, I think it's fitting.

IN fact, I would rather have the debunked rumor that had John Mal's character raising the dead ala voodoo to take over the country.

I read Jonah Hex from the late 70s/early 80s. Some really cool and sometimes deep story lines.

Newborn had kept me away fromt he movies since early 2010. Saw NO summer movies for the first time evar. Even missed IM3 until my bday DVD.

So I will be watching Hex this weekend. Been reading this thread (back to the release date). I guess I should have a good book handy while watching?

What are the 3 best things about the film?

I was mainly comparing because Ray Stevenson did a great job (better than Thomas Jane IMO) as Castle, as it sounds like Brolin does with Hex. But outside Stevenson the movie took away from the deep dark story of Castle and made Jigsaw like Jack Nicholson's Joker, only not funny, not scary, and just plain stupid.

I haven't seen Hex yet to compare, but it sounds horrible. This movie should have been done in a classic western style, like an old Eastwood movie.

Whoever produced this POS ought to lose their job.

Totally agree. I usually watch comic book adaptations/action movies over and over again. I am so NOT interested in watching PWZ or GI JOE again. I try as they are always on cable or ONDEMAND but they don't hold my interest.

Watched it last night. Actually not bad. Gatling guns on horse were a bit much.

Heavy metal music didn't fit the setting but fit the action...sort of.

Grolin was OK. Wish JH was blond and had the white eye but he did alright.

The talking to the dead stuff was weak and totally unnecessary.

Some good scenery and action overall.

Oh yeah, the snake man was totally stupid. Why didn't they just have a cockfight(roosters) like a good ol southern boy would want to see. Snakeman was the worst thing in the movie. Dumber than talking to dead people or nuclear canon balls.

Better than 2/10, more like a 5 out of 10, but my expectations weren't high either.

Oh yeah, the snake man was totally stupid. Why didn't they just have a cockfight(roosters) like a good ol southern boy would want to see. Snakeman was the worst thing in the movie. Dumber than talking to dead people or nuclear canon balls.
Because the roosters wouldn't kill a man thrown into the ring.

I finally watched it last night, it wasn't in any way a good film. But it was entertaining. All of the ridiculous stuff made it more entertaining. The only things I thought were completely unnecessary were the music and Megan Fox's character. I don't like Megan Fox, so I might sound biased, but I don't see how the movie would be at all different without a hostage/hooker that isn't even a love interest.

watching this for the first time, about 20 minutes in, and i gotta say, im liking i i guess. loved the opening, with the animation, and im actually digging the music. granted, i was going in the lowest of expectations, but still, i guess im kind of liking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"