The Official Jonathan Kent Casting & Discussion Thread

James Cromwell could be interesting.

jamescromwell1280066671.jpg

clarkandjonathankentgar.jpg

You're wrong on Post-Crisis(Man Of Steel) and STAS, the images you're using are from when Clark is already a grown adult. In both of those adaptations they are still relatively young when they find the baby Kal-El. And as for the recent DC animated movies, we haven't seen Superman's origins in those so there's no way of knowing, but Ma Kent in Superman: Doomsday doesn't SEEM to be so old that she would've already been middle-aged or elderly at the time they found Kal-El.
QFT.

I prefer the Kents as parents, rather than grandparents. They should be 30's-40's at the oldest when they find Kal-El and 50's-60's when he's grown and operating as Superman.

I still like Kurt Russell or Bruce Greenwood.

You're wrong on Post-Crisis(Man Of Steel) and STAS, the images you're using are from when Clark is already a grown adult. In both of those adaptations they are still relatively young when they find the baby Kal-El. And as for the recent DC animated movies, we haven't seen Superman's origins in those so there's no way of knowing, but Ma Kent in Superman: Doomsday doesn't SEEM to be so old that she would've already been middle-aged or elderly at the time they found Kal-El.

Snyder's film takes place when Clark is a grown adult, he's a freelance journalist in Africa. This isn't Smallville the movie..

Therefore my posting of the Kents when they're older (during the point where Clark becomes Superman) is 100% relevant and correct.

Treat Williams would be great for the soft spoken nurturing type Jonathan Kent. Another actor would have more of a John Schnieder approach would be Bruce Greenwood:

0000Bruce%20G.jpg

My choice for Pa Kent all the way. And exactly who says that Pa Kent can't be a bad ass?

I would prefer Bruce Greenwood as the US President.

He's too cool and youthful to play an old fatherly figure in a rural environment.

I picture Jonathan Kent being akin to Uncle Ben in the Spider-Man movies.

Snyder's film takes place when Clark is a grown adult, he's a freelance journalist in Africa. This isn't Smallville the movie..

Therefore my posting of the Kents when they're older (during the point where Clark becomes Superman) is 100% relevant and correct.

"Birthright" was the only Superman interpretation with younger Kents

Ma and Pa Kent have been more like grandparent figures in all the other interpretations and origins, even the current ones:

Well, if that's what you meant, sorry for the confusion but it DID seem as if you were trying to say they were older all along in all other interpretations but Birthright, given the "grandparent figures" quote, which in the mentioned interpretations(MOS and STAS) they are NOT. I'm a grown adult and just because my parents are older now does not make them "grandparent" figures in relation to me. The same applies to Clark.

My choice for Pa Kent all the way. And exactly who says that Pa Kent can't be a bad ass?

I agree , I mean the last pa kent was on the Dukes of Hazard.Lol. I've seen him play all kinds of roles from heroes to villans .He could do the role in his sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"