The Official Superman Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not really on the Hamm-vagon. I thought I might be, but no. He does have a slight Superman'ish thing going, but he would be better suited for a period-piece, like an adaption of the first cartoon-show.

I can't really see him in a contemporary story. I honestly dont think I could take him entirely serious in that brightly colored suit and this is definitely also because of his age. And no matter how big a hunk he might be there's still something sleazy or "unpure" about him. He looks too much like a "basterd" or a womanizer. Difficult to explain.
He woulda made a better Batman in comparison.

routh was a great choice, too bad the movie wasnt what it could have been. he should still be superman. not his fault.

I'm getting really tired of people trying to defend smaller/shorter actors like Bomer or Hamm for Superman, by bringing up Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. It's a completely different situation with Stark, height is not a big part of his character. He wears a suit of armor and that's where he gets his powers. Supermam on the hand has been portrayed as a tall/muscular man since nearly the beginning, height and a muscular buid are a big part of Superman's character. He has to be physically imposing. We all know the yellow sun gives him his powers but it also made him tall and muscular.

Last edited:
routh was a great choice, too bad the movie wasnt what it could have been. he should still be superman. not his fault.

That's what I thought for some time as well, until I saw him in Chuck. That pretty much confirmed to me that I couldn't blame his blah and uncharismatic acting on the director anymore. :cwink:

Young Superman@ Exactly...you would think that would be common sense.

Watching Inception makes you wonder in Dicaprio could be a possibility for Superman. Would have to bulk up but quality actor for sure. Just a thought is all

Is he not at least 6 1?

Nope... 5'11

Oh god, people want Leo DeCaprio to be Superman:doh:

Guess Nolan should get Michael Caine to be Perry White and Hugh Jackman to be Lex Luthor.

:hehe:

Don't wanna be a pain, but pretty much everybody just ignored my Scott Eastwood sugestion. Is he THAT horrible of a choice? :hehe:

I know, I feel the same way about my Eddie Cahill suggestion. I guess we are just horrible Superman potential actor suggestors. :oldrazz:

1. Sorry, but I don't like either suggestion
2. I've made loads, especially after the TV actor rumours... it just takes more than 2 people to jump on the bandwagon and your away, but unfortunately no one has for some of them :lol:
3. It's difficult now that we actually have some people with their hearts set on a particular actor.

Hamm is growing on me as a general Jor-El candidate.

I dunno... his face looks more Pa Kent than Jor-el to me.

I'm getting really tired of people trying to defend smaller/shorter actors like Bomer or Hamm for Superman, by bringing up Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. It's a completely different situation with Stark, height is not a big part of his character. He wears a suit of armor and that's where he gets his powers. Supermam on the hand has been portrayed as a tall/muscular man since nearly the beginning, height and a muscular buid are a big part of Superman's character. He has to be physically imposing. We all know the yellow sun gives him his powers but it also made him tall and muscular.

The whole height thing always comes back to one thing for me.

Dean Cain.

I loved LnC. I never once watched that and thought 'god he's short' or 'god he's not built enough to be Superman'. He always had a great physique, and he got even more bulked up in later seasons. By season 3 he was MASSIVE. It just never even occured to me that he wasn't as tall as Superman.

If the Levi rumor was not real, do we have proof that any of the other rumors are true?

Are they trial balloons? Or just people's musings?

The guy from "Haven" has a good look. Deep voice you say? Hhhhhm.

jvsj.jpg
They both look wrong, IMO. A geriatric guy and a caveman.

10K lockup.

Someone grace us with the start of another never-ending casting battle of personal truth, faux justice and the Hype way. :super:

Same rules in the new thread as those placed in Show's sticky at the top of the forum. Let's keep the number of jawline references under 250. :up:
-----------------------------
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=339773

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member