The Official Kristin Kreuk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes us Clois fanboys? I was all for Clana when she was on the show. Even in season 6 with the whole Lexana arc, I was dying for her to leave Lex and get back with Clark. But by season 7, when they were making it apparent that Lana and Clark weren't meant to be, it almost became expected that they were going to be broken up. But after the writer's strike, and then KK's absence for the remainder of the season, they didn't end her arc properly, just like they didn't end it right for Lex. Her return was supposed to bring that proper send-off, but it didn't. It just made things worse. It has nothing to do with liking Lois more or anything, or hating KK. It's just from a simple story-telling standpoint. Given various circumstances, both on and off screen, Lana's time was up and instead of sending her off in a proper fashion, they dropped the ball and did something that left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

What makes us Clois fanboys? I was all for Clana when she was on the show. Even in season 6 with the whole Lexana arc, I was dying for her to leave Lex and get back with Clark. But by season 7, when they were making it apparent that Lana and Clark weren't meant to be, it almost became expected that they were going to be broken up. But after the writer's strike, and then KK's absence for the remainder of the season, they didn't end her arc properly, just like they didn't end it right for Lex. Her return was supposed to bring that proper send-off, but it didn't. It just made things worse. It has nothing to do with liking Lois more or anything, or hating KK. It's just from a simple story-telling standpoint. Given various circumstances, both on and off screen, Lana's time was up and instead of sending her off in a proper fashion, they dropped the ball and did something that left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Agreed, and another problem that Lana's character has suffered from was that the producers were more interested in making her someone else's love interest instead of building her up as a character individually. Hell, to this day, I know of so many fans who remember Lana more for the guys that she went out with, than who she was as a person. And whenever she got a chance to shine on her own, they would over dramatize it and give her more importance than she needed, thus harming other characters in the process, in particular, Clark's own characterization.

Not to mention that whenever she dumped one guy and went for the other, that she would end up hating her ex despite the fact that just several episodes ago, she was telling and saying on how much she loved them.

Lana became a victim's victim; and in the end, instead of allowing her to be someone who overcame her life's hardships, they made her a victim of circumstances yet again as she made her departure.

Plus also in the end he will end up with lois since its the iconic elationship and all. Heck yes I didn't like lana through most of the series. But I agree there ending of lana and clark was bad and they should have done it differently.

...not to mention the fact that they hinted at her leaving for too long. I think it started at the end of season 3 when she left for Paris, it was as if the writers really wanted to send her off then but then decided not to. I didn't mind her being with that many guys, because it was a part of who she was - from the beginning Lana was looking for someone to lean on, who offered stability, ever since her folks died. Clark's secrets only made things worse for the two of them. Even near the end when she was financing Isis, it was as if she needed someone to hate (Lex), and that in this person she dumped all her hate and frustrations on, demonizing him a lot more. Clark and Chloe saved lives and their need to stop Lex was purely for benevolent causes, but Lana sought vengeance. Hell, even if we look back to their High School years, Lana was always the emotional core in the gang. And KK did a great job in fleshing her out from the girl we read about in the comics.

if i recall back then kristen was possibly going to leave if she didnt renew contract or what not. I am not to sure myself. Though i personally would have liked if she did leave around there/end of season 4.

Nah, season 4 ended with Clark's H.S. graduation. I would've wanted her to stick around till he ended college. Which I'm still shaky about if he did finish it or not.

well since she been known in the comics to be a love from HS yrs they should have just had them in a better releationship status then. And when hs yrs ended she decided to leave for ......

resizegallery3.jpg

dtcommonstreamsstreamse.jpg

Thanks nice hopefully for her it finds right audience and if its looking for a distrubitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"