5.19 - Mercy - Official Thread (spoilers)

triplet

KryptonSite Reviewer
Reaction score
'Kay, couldn't find a thread for this one so I'm making one.

Craig just posted the official write up:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MARTHA’S LIFE IS IN DANGER AND ONLY LIONEL CAN SAVE HER — A masked tormentor (guest star Ian Tracey) takes Lionel (John Glover) hostage and orchestrates a series of elaborate games that Lionel must win in order to stay alive. After Clark (Tom Welling) tells Martha (Annette O’Toole) that Lionel knows his secret, she sets out to confront him, but inadvertently becomes a pawn in the tormentor’s game and ends up fighting for her life. Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Erica Durance and Allison Mack also star. The episode was written by Steven DeKnight and directed by James Marshall (#2T6419).[/FONT]

Damn I guess Mercy from the comics doesnt appear here. Thats okay though, it actually sounds interesting.

So it's Saw for Smallville. Oh well I just want to see more of Martha/Lionel so I'm happy.

triplet said:
'Kay, couldn't find a thread for this one so I'm making one.

Craig just posted the official write up:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MARTHA’S LIFE IS IN DANGER AND ONLY LIONEL CAN SAVE HER — A masked tormentor (guest star Ian Tracey) takes Lionel (John Glover) hostage and orchestrates a series of elaborate games that Lionel must win in order to stay alive. After Clark (Tom Welling) tells Martha (Annette O’Toole) that Lionel knows his secret, she sets out to confront him, but inadvertently becomes a pawn in the tormentor’s game and ends up fighting for her life. Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Erica Durance and Allison Mack also star. The episode was written by Steven DeKnight and directed by James Marshall (#2T6419).[/FONT]

:down :down , Why do I get the feeling this is all a set up, And Martha The bate, And Clark is going to have to use his powers to save her .

I hate that this Martha & Lionel relationship .:mad:

I love the Martha/Lionel dynamic and can't wait to see her ire when she discovers he's been manipulating her...

bad place hath no fury... :D

Annette and John will be great in this episode!

It's all good... :up:

Kal-El 8 said:
I hate that this Martha & Lionel relationship

At least Martha is going to confront him about knowing Clarks Secret :o So by the Season Finale their relationship should be done :o

I dont know about that. Lionel could easily manipulate her into believing hes been trying to protect Clark's secret. I see something like that happening.

WB released 3 Mercy images (images resized):

5190019sr.jpg

5190028ut.jpg

5190032qg.jpg

Thanks to DTS.

so lionel isnt trying to protect clarks secret??? is he bad or is he good or is he inbetween now? i can never tell hes always different in each episode :/

Oooooo! What are he and Lex doing in the same room together??? They're both looking intently at something and (for the moment) NOT fighting.

I'm happy to see that Martha has taken her bright red lipstick off. :D

cmonnnnnnnn answwer me LOOK AT ME PAY ATTENTION :x

SsM said:
so lionel isnt trying to protect clarks secret??? is he bad or is he good or is he inbetween now? i can never tell hes always different in each episode :/

SciFi Mag April 2006:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] And look for Lionel to cause more than a little trouble of his own. "Obviously, Lionel certainly has feelings for Martha Kent. You remember she worked for him, and they had a good relationship. Lionel will become a very dangerous person to Clark," says Litvack. "Lionel will become, probably in one way, the [/FONT]biggest threat[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] to Clark for the end of the season."[/FONT]

Dang, I was really hoping that lionel would stay a good guy :/ Thanks for the info.

KalKai said:
SciFi Mag April 2006:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]And look for Lionel to cause more than a little trouble of his own. "Obviously, Lionel certainly has feelings for Martha Kent. You remember she worked for him, and they had a good relationship. Lionel will become a very dangerous person to Clark," says Litvack. "Lionel will become, probably in one way, the [/FONT]biggest threat[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] to Clark for the end of the season."[/FONT]
Or this could be another distraction for Clark to lose his sight of what's really going on which is Lex's partnership with Brainiac. Remember throughout Season 3 Clark was worrying about Lionel that Clark didn't find out until the season finale that Lex was still investigating him.

Wow. This episode is looking more interesting the more photos I'm see'n. The one with Lionel screaming, probably it's about Martha being kidnapped but just for speculation maybe Jor-EL is telling Lionel what to do and he's screaming "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" which is why he says to Clark in the preview for the next episode about altering his destiny the way Lionel sees it before Clark superthrows him five times more damage then what JK did to Lionel.

TV Guide Description for Mercy

Lionel Luthor finds himself the victim of a mysterious tormentor (Ian Tracey) who uses a series of life-or-death riddles and puzzles that eventually pit Lionel against Martha Kent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"