The Official Lois Lane Casting & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a good idea as to WHEN we can expect them to make an announcement regarding the casting of Lois Lane?

I'm hoping it is.

The villain will probably be the biggest name.

I'd say if Star Trek can do well with unknown to fairly known actors, Superman should be fine too.

The villain will probably be the biggest name.

I'd say if Star Trek can do well with unknown to fairly known actors, Superman should be fine too.

The thing is though that Star Trek has a been large fan base so regardless of unknown actors, if they had the right script and right people portraying the right characters, then they were bound to do well imho

Nothing wrong with unknowns or lesser known actors.

I'm hoping it is.

I'm hoping it's either McAdams or Wilde.

But, if it turns out to be someone else, I'm not going to complain like a b***h. Unlike some people.

Last edited:
The thing is though that Star Trek has a been large fan base so regardless of unknown actors, if they had the right script and right people portraying the right characters, then they were bound to do well imho

Start Trek was a massive gamble, after the debacle that was Nemesis.

And the film was targeted for the main stream as it was stated many times.

I'm hoping it's either McAdams or Wilde.

But, if it turns out to be someone else, I'm not going to complain like a b***h.

I'm just hoping that whoever they picked, looks and can act faithfully as we all know Lois's character to be.

And tbh, I'm still hoping that it's McAdams because Wilde looks more model-like than someone I'd consider to be a competent journalist.

I will say this, if any one of these girl are cast they won't be nearly as ordinary as Bosworth was, so I guess that's a plus.

No-one, I'm stating it coz I think this Lois role is the perfect opportunity for some lesser known to be given a shot.

If they wanted to go that way, they would. For all we know they still could.

I will say this, if any one of these girl are cast they won't be nearly as ordinary as Bosworth was, so I guess that's a plus.

Always look on the bright side. It feels much better. :woot:

I think Olivia Wilde is one of my new favourites

http://www.theimproper.com/18525/kristen-stewart-not-so-super-about-playing-lois-lane

Kristen Stewart apparently thinks one blockbuster movie franchise is enough. The fetching “Twilight” star was reportedly approached by producers of the new “Superman: Man of Steel,” movie about playing love interest Lois Lane. But it was a non-starter. Superman director Zack Snyder and his wife Deborah, a producer on the film, reportedly met with Stewart to feel her out about taking the role, according to The New York Daily News. While Stewart was not formally offered the part, Snyder was definitely interested in the raven-haired beauty, a source told the newspaper.

Stewart apparently thought the success of the “Twilight” franchises, in which she stars with boyfriend Robert Pattinson, was overwhelming enough. As such, she wasn’t prepared to jump into another potential multi-film franchise. Instead, she expressed an interest in “smaller, independent films,” according to the News.

o_O Thank God she's not interested!

I wouldn't be surprised if WB goes with Olivia Wilde. She is a fresh face and feels like the next big thing. If they get her now and lock her for 3 films, it will be cheap. With Angelina Jolie getting older and doing less films there's a void of female action stars. Though Wilde isn't at the acting caliber of Jolie, she does have the look of someone that can do that genre of movies as well as others. It's going to come down to chemistry though for the next Superman movie.

I've only seen Rachel McAdams in Sherlock Holmes, so maybe I need to bone up on her resume, since I have to assume that the allure with her is acting ability. Otherwise, to go by appearances, I just don't see it.

Zooey would be fun if they were going to play down Lois' sensuality (Zooey's a beautiful girl, but more in an, "aw, I just wanna hug and protect her" sort of way to me). She'd be a change of pace from the obvious sex-pot-in-a-pantsuit...

Speaking of which: Emily Blunt. That is all. Cast her, and my ticket is already bought. Don't know if she's got the acting chops, but looks-wise, "I say goddayum"! :hrt:

It's weird that I seem to be the only one that so far has mentioned Stana Katic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"