The Official Mighty Avengers Thread

So, hes writing both Avengers books?

we're told to expect long time classic avenger returning to greatness, characters who have never been avengers steppin up to the plate, and characters ur not very familiar with at all.

Not gonna be much of a differance if he's doing both. They shoulda let Casey or Jenkins do this one.

Anubis said:
Not gonna be much of a differance if he's doing both. They shoulda let Casey or Jenkins do this one.

Yeah thats like having Brubaker write all 3 X-Men titles. Its pointless, and I still wont pick any of them up.

Bendis, last I checked, was a BAD WRITER for the Avengers. He cannot convey the super-heroic very well. Maybe that's changed since I last was onboard, but Bendis works best on the small scale, something that is simply NOT Avengers.

The one writer they NEED on the Avengers is Kurt Buseik. He's simply the best writer for the team, and they need to get him back.

I read the Newsarama story and I am horrified! Yeah Frank Cho is a good artist, but Bendis will have his grubby fat fingers all over this.

No matter what he says he's gonna do with the writing, he's still gonna suck.

Cyclops said:
Bendis, last I checked, was a BAD WRITER for the Avengers. He cannot convey the super-heroic very well. Maybe that's changed since I last was onboard, but Bendis works best on the small scale, something that is simply NOT Avengers.

The one writer they NEED on the Avengers is Kurt Buseik. He's simply the best writer for the team, and they need to get him back.

God yes Buseik!!

I really wanted an Avengers comic on my pull list but if Bendis is writing it, no thanks.

Two Avengers books!?

Bendis writing both! Jeez! Marvel doesn't get it, this could have been a great opportunity to bring in Buseik or Casey or hell Dan Slott himself! to write this book.

This proves the greed and power BMB has. What kind of ego must you have to take on two Avenger titles, especially when your not that good a pure superheroics writer?

Yeah bendis is writing both. As I said, I though you had more than one book to view different perspectives, which meant different writers. When was the last time one writer wrote every X-Men book?

deemar325 said:
Two Avengers books!?

Bendis writing both! Jeez! Marvel doesn't get it, this could have been a great opportunity to bring in Buseik or Casey or hell Dan Slott himself! to write this book.

This proves the greed and power BMB has. What kind of ego must you have to take on two Avenger titles, especially when your not that good a pure superheroics writer?
First, it was his idea.

Second, he's done more for the Avengers line (by helping bring about Young Avengers and Brubaker on Cap, not to mention the sales juggernaut that is New Avengers) than any writer in years.

I'd say that qualifies him.

Mighty:Iron Man,Ms Marvel,Yellowjacket,Wasp,Wonder Man,Tigra,Thor,She-Hulk

New:Cap,Hercules,Luke Cage,Spider-Man,Wolverine,Goliath,Spider-Woman,Cloak and Dagger

GNR4Life said:
Mighty:Iron Man,Ms Marvel,Yellowjacket,Wasp,Wonder Man,Tigra,Thor,She-Hulk
Maybe add Doc Samson to that list? I saw him fighting on Stark's side near the end of CW#3.

why would ronin, who's daredevils friend and most likely one to be anit-registration be with a group of pro registraton people?

Marcdachamp said:
First, it was his idea.

Second, he's done more for the Avengers line (by helping bring about Young Avengers and Brubaker on Cap, not to mention the sales juggernaut that is New Avengers) than any writer in years.

So, it looks like his best success in quality at least is bringing in two other people to Avengers books... why don't we keep him doing that...? :o

Dwarf lord said:
So, it looks like his best success in quality at least is bringing in two other people to Avengers books... why don't we keep him doing that...? :o

In your opinion.

I enjoy NA for the most part.

I enjoy New Avengers when I manage to put Busiek/Perez's Avengers out of my mind. That being one of the first comics I read, it's hard to get past the awesomeness of that run.

I'll give Mighty Avengers a go. Altho, for some reason, the rosters everyone puts up feel confused in my opinion... I have got it in my head to associate Cap with Mighty Avengers and Iron Man with New *shrug*

Wow Marvel gives us an alternative to the main Avenger book which many of us don't like... and then gives it to Bendis.

I just don't see the point.

That's like having the same candidate run for president from both parties.

Marcdachamp said:
First, it was his idea.

Your first point is very valid.

Your second point makes no sense. How exactly does Bendis deserve credit for the quality of Young Avengers or Captain America? He didn't come up with those ideas, other people had to do it. He didn't write those comics. He doesn't make them the great books that they are. If you're saying that "if there hadn't been Avengers Disassembled then there wouldn't be those books," well that's kinda backwards. That's like saying Chuck Austen deserves credit for Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men arc because, well, he wrote some issues of New X-Men with those characters before Joss did.

I wonder if this group will be the one Speedball joins. I really want him on an Avengers team.

I'd like to see

Mighty:Captain America, Speedball, Vision, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Quicksilver and Crystal.

New:Iron Man, Spiderman, Moondragon, Sersi, Yellowjacket, Beast, Spiderwoman, Warbid and Luke Cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"