Sequels The Official MOS Misc. Villians Thread

Zod for the 2nd, Doomsday for the 3rd would be neat.

As I keep saying, if a sequel is made I wouldn't be surprised if Zod was the villain. It fits in with Singer's obsession with Richard Donner's inturpitation of The Man Of Steel.

In 2016 prepare for Nuclear Man to be revisted.

And yes, I'm well aware of the fact that Donner only directed like 1 and half Superman movies.

Jeeze...this question has been asked a million times here. I'm still voting for Doomsday, but I don't want a sequel so I'll keep watching my STAS cartoons and JL/JLU.

I like him better than Darkseid because he has a more cinematic name and less baggage, meaning if Hollywood wants to change things about him comic fans won't get as pissed as they would if it was Darkseid.

Id like to see General Zod kill Supes son (Or kidnap, since itll more than likely be pg-13) that would make Supes EXTREMELY dark and angry, and Ive always wanted to see the MOS extremely pissed at the world and on a mission to get vengance. And since Zod is the only villian Supes is matched up with, I think itd be really dope to see them both fighting with the intent to murder the other. I dunno, its just my humble opinion and its prolly WAAAY too dark for a Superman flick. Still, itd be really cool to see him on a kill lust since its so out of character for him.

I talked villain possibilities in my blog, partly in an attempt to put the pros and cons in my own head so I could make a decision.

The blog is here: http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2008/04/name-your-preferred-supervilla.html

Although I didn't come to a decision in the blog, I think Mongul is not a good idea. It sounds like something to do with Down's syndrome (Mongolism) and an alien warrior won't easily fit into the franchise. Darkseid is too way out for the next movie. Metallo might be too like Transformers if they weren't careful.

Best choices would be Brainiac, Doomsday or Eradicator, someone who could link to the previous movie if indeed Man of Steel will be a continuation and not a reboot. Although Eradicator should really have been an accomplice to Lex in SR, as Eradicator has tried to terraform Earth into a New Krypton just as Lex was doing.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and comments, on my blog as well as on here.

I talked villain possibilities in my blog, partly in an attempt to put the pros and cons in my own head so I could make a decision.

The blog is here: http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2008/04/name-your-preferred-supervilla.html

Although I didn't come to a decision in the blog, I think Mongul is not a good idea. It sounds like something to do with Down's syndrome (Mongolism) and an alien warrior won't easily fit into the franchise. Darkseid is too way out for the next movie. Metallo might be too like Transformers if they weren't careful.

Best choices would be Brainiac, Doomsday or Eradicator, someone who could link to the previous movie if indeed Man of Steel will be a continuation and not a reboot. Although Eradicator should really have been an accomplice to Lex in SR, as Eradicator has tried to terraform Earth into a New Krypton just as Lex was doing.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and comments, on my blog as well as on here.
I say if there is a follow up to SR then they should go with Eradicator. It seems to fit in with what ever the hell Singer was trying to set up which at this point is an enigma.

The list of villains that would be appropriate is small. Luthor, Braniac, Zod, Darkseid. The Parasite, Metallo, Toyman, Intergang these could be used as supporting characters/subplot threats. I'd rather not see Doomsday.

No, he hasn't been "done to death". He's been done once, and it was cheesy as hell. It doesn't need to be. Even in the comics, where yes, he's showed up, General Zod has yet to reach what I would consider his full potential. He's been used as a "plot device" for the most part, and that's a crime. Bringing Zod in allows for a myriad of story possibilities. You could ally him with Braniac, bring the bottle city of Kandor into things. There's the obvious "Last son of Krypton" theme, there's the interaction between Superman, Zod and Superman's friends and allies. There's the nature of Zod as dictator/dominator...there's the revenge angle, there's Superman being forced to kill Zod to save his adopted world...

no more Zod... he's been done to death.

So after TDK the Joker will have been done to death too? :yay: I'll pass the memo to WB that The Joker can never appear on any more Batman movies or it will be too much exposure for the character. Damn. There goes that amazing Batman trying to stop Two-Face from getting revenge on the Joker plot.

With that said, I want Brainiac for MOS...Eradicator would be cool also.

I think Braniac being in MOS is a no brainer IMO is some way shape or form and I would much rather see the Eradicator ahead of Zod.

Jim Caviezel would be a good choice for the Eradicator!

My thoughts are a comibination of Luthor and Braniac/The Eradicator in SUPERMAN FOREVER, with Metallo and The Parasite serving as supporting threats, and the return of General Zod in THE SUPERMAN FAMILY.

If Superman is going to have a villain to have a big time fight with then only candidates should be either Metallo, Doomsday or Eradicator.

Braniac he can fight....but the big time action/fight sequences should be with one of the 3.

Then again they can always save the CGI Doomsday for the JL movie along with Darkseid

Yeah for MOS....they should use the combo of Luthor/Braniac and either Metallo or Eradicator. Or maybe have Luthor/Braniac be the creator of the OMACS?

The more I think about it Darkseid being the creator of Doomsday for the JL movie would be good.

Or Brainiac can build lots of robots for Supes to punch to his pleasure?

I don't want to see Metallo on film due to the fact Kryptonite has been done to death in the Superman films. Using Metallo would just be another poor excuise to use Kryptonite. I wouldn't mind Zod returning in less there is a new villain with him like Brainiac. Darkseid should either used in the final film of the Superman or Justice League franchise.

Guards right, zod hasnt been done in a way that can reach his full potential as a villain. I don't understand where this "he's been done to death" mentality comes from, it was one movie and it wasn't even good. Once again, read the last son story which the conclusion came out yesterday and you will see what a great villain he is when done properly. He's a better villain to put in a superman film than darkseid just for the amount of possibilities his character brings, phantom zone, krptonian criminals, ties with jor-el. With that said I would save him for a third film.

Guards right, zod hasnt been done in a way that can reach his full potential as a villain. I don't understand where this "he's been done to death" mentality comes from, it was one movie and it wasn't even good. Once again, read the last son story which the conclusion came out yesterday and you will see what a great villain he is when done properly. He's a better villain to put in a superman film than darkseid just for the amount of possibilities his character brings, phantom zone, krptonian criminals, ties with jor-el. With that said I would save him for a third film.
I liked SII and it was good for late seventies nostalgia fun for the whole family but we are talking about 28 years ago. Zod is a villain. Dangerous and corrupt and evil. The perfect ingredients for a villain who happens to have the same powers as Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"