Comics The Official Nightcrawler Thread

Yeah, I took it that Azazel is pretty much the Magneto of the old days. He was another self apointed king of the muutants but back in biblical times when they didnt really know what mutants were.

Sorry, pal, but Nighty's daddy isn't actually a demon. Although he implied such a thing, it was made clear that he was really just a mutant MISTAKEN for a demon.
Really? Well it was stupid anyway, didn't like the story.

Sorry, pal, but Nighty's daddy isn't actually a demon. Although he implied such a thing, it was made clear that he was really just a mutant MISTAKEN for a demon.

I'm glad you cleared that up. I had stopped reading comics too much when that story came out and I had someone tell me that a demon was Kurt's father. I was cursing Marvel for that decision.

I don't mind him being the son of a mutant who just looked like a demon.

And it's funny you should say that Javon. Most people see Cycke as the dickish leader and Alex as being the more social one. Kurt's always been a good leader, though.
Well Cyke moreso, with Alex it's just his relatonship problems caused him to act more *****y than usual. He's okay to me (a bit too harsh in my last post) though.

Bumping for the hell of it. I more or less drew the cover of Nightcrawler #3...

Nightcrawler.jpg

Nightcrawler is a great great great character. I just hope in the future he will have more of an impact on the team. I mean how many years did he waste with excaliber??????

My favorite aspect of his character is his faith. I hope they explore this side of him a little bit more in the comics to come.

Guess the next arc in Uncanny will give Kurt some good face time, at least I hope so.

Found these cool Nightcrawler pics from artist Ronnie Thunderbolt.

Nightcrawler-Classic.jpg

Nightcrawler-Silkworm.jpg

Nightcrawler-XSE.jpg

Nightcrawler-XMen.jpg

Nightcrawler-Swashbuckler.jpg

Nightcrawler-Swashbuckler-Sword.jpg

747new_storyimage5606676_full.jpg

Blue elf will be downloadble for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance with the rest of these guys and some others next week. :D

^Very cool, any chance I can get that for the PS2? Dang.

I was going to make a very whiny post about how Nightcrawler has been shafted through the years, but I figure posting a wish list would be more...mature/constructive/positive?

Here goes:

1: A Wolverine/Nightcrawler mini. Written by...Greg Rucka, maybe? He handled them both well in his Wolverine run. Their relationship is established, but not very explored considering how long it's been around. Come on, let them go off on a vacation together, they could both use it at this point. Naturally, hijinks would ensue. I just love these two together and I think more could be done with their friendship.

2: Some drama between Kurt and Mystique. Another woefully unexplored relationship, I seriously don't understand how Marvel could pass up this gem. Mystique is obviously a sore point with Kurt and, perhaps, vice versa.

3: A nice, solid, good character arc. Kurt's character is currently treading water. He's nowhere near what he used to be and there has been no explanation as to why. Something needs to pull him out of this funk and an arc focusing on him could serve as a turning point. I would like to know more of how he was affected by the whole church/priest fiasco. I would like The Draco retconned. I would like more weight added to his character, more of a purpose beyond fuzzy blue wallpaper.

4: I liked the idea of Kurt/Rachel. I would like to see more of that. I'm not sure if I would want a full-blown romantic relationship, but at least a relationship. I love Rach, but the girl needs to develop beyond the idiotic mother fixation and he could be an excellent support for her. Also, Korvus who? Dump, please.

5: Swords! He can use them. Let him. Let's bring back the swashbuckling. And there must be tail-fencing.

6: Further exploration of his teleportation powers. It's still iffy what the full extent of them are. Can he teleport people's heads off like AoA Kurt? Can he leave people in the dimension he teleports through? Can he teleport INTO people, exploding them from the inside (as hinted in the recent Black Cat/Spiderman mini)? I would like to see his full potential.

7: I would also like to see him cut loose in general in a fight. He hasn't done it since Excalibur #62, I think.

^Good post, be nice to see ANY of that! I just hope Kurt ends up on the Astonishing team soon!

^Good post, be nice to see ANY of that! I just hope Kurt ends up on the Astonishing team soon!

From the looks of it, he will stay in Uncanny. *mopes*

Other people I'd like Kurt teamed up with are Pete Wisdom, Gambit and Daredevil. Kurt and Pete had a pretty interesting almost-love/hate-relationship in Ellis' Excalibur. Gambit and Kurt have barely interacted, but they have some things in common that could be interesting to explore. And Daredevil...I can't believe no one's teamed Nightcrawler up with Daredevil yet.

^Interesting, I like him with Logan or Kitty. They just work together.

prv2168pg1.jpg

prv2168pg2.jpg

prv2168pg3.jpg

prv2168pg4.jpg

prv2168pg5.jpg

prv2168pg6.jpg

prv2168pg7.jpg

X-Men: Manifest Destiny - Nightcrawler #1

Story by
James Asmus
Art by
Jorge Molina
Cover by
Brandon Peterson
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Cover Price:
$3.99
Release Date
Wed, March 11th, 2009

Since the move to San Francisco and after the events of X-Infernus, Nightcrawler realizes a hard truth—he has to quit the X-Men. Kurt has realized that the X-Men just don’t need him anymore. He hasn’t been operating at his highest levels and even the biggest strength he has—teleportation—has been made redundant by Pixie who can do it better and more efficiently. Don’t miss the departure of one of the most important characters in X-Men history.

really? pixie is keeping her powers after xinfernus?

im really dissapointed now. nightcrawler isnt redundant, she is! shes a mix of NC and Magik! thats whats lame!

Pixie is a group teleporter. Kurt has never really been that although he can be. He's more of a solo porter and thats where his strength lies. He uses it to match his speed and agility and it makes him a beast when it comes to combat. I dont see how the two are redundant at all as their powers are utilized in completely different ways.

Nightcrawler - Solo, short-range, rapid-fire teleporter who uses his powers in hand-to-hand combat. I don't know if it's canon, but it's sometimes shown that constant teleporting causes his passengers to get dizzy.

Pixie - Solo or group, long range, teleporter who can only teleport as fast she can say "shival novarum chinoth." Also, she can only teleport if she can speak.

Nightcrawler is good to keep around for a quick escape or to get rid of something/someone during a fight. He also has the advantage of blending into shadows (when writers remember he can do that) and clinging to walls Spider-Man style. He's also a much better fighter than Pixie in general. Pixie's teleport powers only really serve as a form of transportation.

To me, it looks like Nightcrawler is just using Pixie as an excuse to leave the X-Men for other reasons. It's like if Cyclops met Bishop and said "He shoots energy, too? I'm outta here!"

To me, it looks like Nightcrawler is just using Pixie as an excuse to leave the X-Men for other reasons. It's like if Cyclops met Bishop and said "He shoots energy, too? I'm outta here!"

Yeah same here, he has been pretty troubled of late, especially with Kittys disapearance too. I know the comics have been dealing with Colosus's reaction, but people forget how close friendsKurt was with her.

Just read the issue.

Let's hear it for the pointlessness. Let's give the pointlessness a hand.

The X-writers havent been good for YEARS...ALL of the 2000s to be exact

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"