Comics The Official O.M.I.T. thread...

Yeah, I remember a year or so ago, tthat they were talking about this story taking place in an Annual or something. I think it would have been a better story if they had done that (and it would have nicely book-ended where the wedding took place in the first place.)

I guess JQ wanted it to take place in the pages of Amazing (rather than a mini or an Annual) to leave no doubt as to whether or not it "happened."

Myself, although I've enjoyed it, I'm anxious to move on and let Dan Slott begin his era of greatness (no pressure there.....)

I disagree with SpideyInATree... I think this story needed to be told so that us old school continuity buffs could connect the dots.

However, having said that, the story was a good year too late in my opinion.... it should have been told between 9 to 18 months after OMD.

:yay:

Yeah, if it were told nine months after Brand New Day started this would definitely sit better with me. It's just that it's so late that it's bothering me and it was done at such a bad time, in my opinion. We came off a GREAT run of Spider-Man comics with The Gauntlet and Grim Hunt. It just seemed like this was shoe horned in. Maybe if they did this after Origin of the Species and before Dan Slott's run it may even sit better too.

I think it would've been okay to do now if it were done as a 4-Part Mini instead of part of ASM, though I definitely can understand why they'd do it within the actual pages of ASM.

Either way, I continue to enjoy the story.

It would've been better done if:
1 - Anybody else wrote it except Quesada (sp)
2 - It was done in more parts but not in one arc.
3 - Fill in the blanks with other stories going on at the time.
4 - The explanation for the non-marriage about 6 months from when OMD/BND started.
5 - The Kingpin resolution as a seperate arc, probably during Origin of the Species.
6 - The Mind-Wipe during the New Avengers/Fantastic 4 reveals, with more of the reasons why during the Origin of the Species arc (see #5)

Rather than just throwing all the answers in the face of the readers it could have been handled in a more elegant and subtle way. By continuing giving hints here and there and let the reader figure out themselves what happened. That's one thing that good writers are good at; activating readers imagination and make them more engaged in the story. Never been a fan of stories where the writer treats the readers as mindless drones who can't put two and two together. Like at the end of a novel where the villain of course feels the need to explain every damn detail about some plot to the hero.

But we were given explanations along the way as BND continued, with hints here & there about some stuff that occured after BnB... although admittedly, I wish the mindwipe during the FF 2 parter was better explained... though it would make sense if Reed were part of the equation, it would make sense as to "why" he didn't ask more questions about it once Peter "outed" himself...

Actually now that I think about it...I'm glad they didn't do this OMIT storyline before Dan Slott took over as the singular writer because it would be like a repeat of what happened to him 2 years back after One More Day, ha!

Maybe that's why this story was shoe horned in between Grim Hunt and Origin of the Species.

Still, I hope that this last part helps put some things in a better perspective and not make this seem so much like four issues jam packed with forced answers to make everything make more sense. It made sense without the OMIT storyline. :o

But we were given explanations along the way as BND continued, with hints here & there about some stuff that occured after BnB... although admittedly, I wish the mindwipe during the FF 2 parter was better explained... though it would make sense if Reed were part of the equation, it would make sense as to "why" he didn't ask more questions about it once Peter "outed" himself...

For a second there I thought the webheads screwed up again since Peter explained the mindwipe to Reed during that story arc (which I didn't like, btw). But it just occurred to me that Reed and Co. obviously placed the mindwipe on themselves as well.

I agree with you guys, all this should of been explained much earlier, and Peter should be all beat up from Grim Hunt and The Guantlet, so that takes even more enjoyment away from OMIT. I'm holding my final judgment until this is all over however.

It's killin me that i really want this to just be over with already.
I hate that this thing is coming out late every issue.
We would be halfway through Origin already if not for freakin Queasda (sp).
Also, Dan should've wrote this, or at least the Mind-Wipe explanation.

So... Part 4 isn't coming out on Sept 1st anymore? Two weeks late now?

Yeah, it got delayed. We are gonna get another one of those weeks where two issues of Amazing Spider-Man comes out the same day. We will get the last part of OMIT and the first part of Origin of the Species.

Delayed again as in another week?
-or-
Delayed again as in each part is late?

Any reason given for the delays?
This is really irksome....

It just got delayed a week. It's coming out September 8, instead of September 1. So, you'll get ASM # 641 and # 642 on the same day. And, I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty sure the delays are because of the artwork, which causes pretty much 99.9 percent of all delays in the comic book business.

YAY! So now Part 4 is 2 weeks late!
Supposed to be a thrice-monthly book.

Oh, give it a break. The title was on schedule for most of 2 years. For a title coming out 3x a month, that was a herculean task. sheesh!

I agree... it took them about 14 months to finally screw up the 3x schedule with only putting out 2 boks, and then the next month, we get 5 books that month...

Marvel & Wacker need to be commended for pulling this scheduling task off... :up:

No, they did great. I think it's amazing.
It's just as soon as Quesada actually does something on the book, thats when it starts to falter, even OMD was constantly late.

Well, on the one hand I would say....He does have another job at the company which probably takes up a bit of time.

On the other hand, I would say.....probably one more reason why he shouldn't be writing/drawing if he can't keep deadlines (or make his artists do so)

On the third hand, I would say... it's a week. It's not like we're waiting for Kevin Smith here.

Well, on the one hand I would say....He does have another job at the company which probably takes up a bit of time.

On the other hand, I would say.....probably one more reason why he shouldn't be writing/drawing if he can't keep deadlines (or make his artists do so)

On the third hand, I would say... it's a week. It's not like we're waiting for Kevin Smith here.

Joe Quesada had his Kevin Smith phase with Daredevil Father.

Well...

You could say OMIT could/should have been the story right after OMD.

So, there's your two year delay... :woot:

Of course, I forgot what the delay was on Black Cat: ETMD.

Well...

You could say OMIT could/should have been the story right after OMD.

So, there's your two year delay... :woot:

Of course, I forgot what the delay was on Black Cat: ETMD.
Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do:
August - October 2002,
November 2005 - January 2006

Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do:
August - October 2002,
November 2005 - January 2006

I'd like to think of the first three issues of Black Cat as coming out three years early. The proof is in issue 5 where Nightcrawler's wearing the costume he didn't get till 2004. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"