The Official Patty Jenkins IS the director of Wonder Woman!

She basically has two and a half years to work on this.

Don't **** around with choosing the screenwriters, WB.
I'm curious where Goyer fits in all this. He's been brushed off a bit, but I know he's publicly announced GL and WW are the next major characters he'd love to take a crack at.

I think he has valuable input, in spite of his lack of talent in other screenwriting areas. He's particularly adept at modernizing these characters and fantastic world building, so I do hope he's at least consulted.

Michelle MacLaren was my pick from the list so this is pretty cool. I never thought Kathryn Bigelow would sign on to Wonder Woman and thought if they got a female director then it would be someone not well-known. Michelle MacLaren has directed some of the best episodes of some the best TV shows out there. The only question is if she will be able to transition to movies successfully.

Last edited:
Okay, now that all that nail biting is over... LET'S GET THIS THING DONE!!

I never thought Kathryn Bigelow was the right choice.

I'm curious where Goyer fits in all this. He's been brushed off a bit, but I know he's publicly announced GL and WW are the next major characters he'd love to take a crack at.

I think he has valuable input, in spite of his lack of talent in other screenwriting areas. He's particularly adept at modernizing these characters and fantastic world building, so I do hope he's at least consulted.
Keep him the hell away, as far as I'm concerned. Besides, he's got his little Krypton project and the future of Constantine to keep him busy. Beyond three Batman films (two of which he only had story credit to share with the Nolan's), what has he accomplished that makes him this go-to figure he seems to have become for WB? I truly don't understand it.

Sure, he has some good ideas. But if WB really wants to get longevity out of a DC universe, they need to be willing to branch out. There ARE other people out there in Hollywood with ideas and imagination. Course you're never going to find them if you don't actively look.

Last edited:
Keep him the hell away, as far as I'm concerned. Besides, he's got his little Krypton project and the future of Constantine to keep him busy. Beyond three Batman films (two of which he only had story credit to share with the Nolan's), what has he accomplished that makes him this go-to figure he seems to have become for WB. I truly don't understand it.

Sure, he has some good ideas. But if WB really wants to get longevity out of a DC universe, they need to be willing to branch out. There ARE other people out there in Hollywood with ideas and imagination. Course you're never going to find them if you don't actively look.
It's always been my ideal setup to have comic book fans/writers as consultants, while the actual core creative people be the non-fans who are simply talented visionaries with a passion for exploring something new. Basically the set-up that the DK trilogy had, and what BvS is seemingly shaping up to be.

Whether that spot of "fan" is filled by Goyer or not, I think it's important we have an anchor who is intimately devoted and familiar with the source material.

Then they're targeting the wrong "comic book talent," in my humble opinion.

If they really must have comic book consultants, get someone like Grant Morrison. Every time Geoff Johns opens his mouth regarding these films, I want to vomit.

? What are examples of a vomit-inducing statements?
Anything he says, basically. If I haven't communicated this clearly by now, I am not a fan of Geoff Johns :funny:.

Anything he says, basically. If I haven't communicated this clearly by now, I am not a fan of Geoff Johns :funny:.

Alright, now I can properly gauge how to take your opinions. :up:

I never thought Kathryn Bigelow was the right choice.
I think she would have been pretty good but I wasn't dying for her to do it.

Anyway I always thought Bigelow was one of those pie in the sky choices.

I can't wait to hear who they lined up to write the script. This will be key. I'm hoping for John Logan to contribute.

MacLaren was one of my top 3 choices and she has the most upside! I'm a happy camper!

jonah-hill-flailing1_1_111.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_m707ecoYNy1qih378o1_500.gif

Last edited:
I think she would have been pretty good but I wasn't dying for her to do it.

Anyway I always thought Bigelow was one of those pie in the sky choices.

To me, it's like saying Spielberg or David O. Russell should director Wonder Woman.

Bigelow doesn't have the right vibe for a WW story.

To me, it's like saying Spielberg or David O. Russell should director Wonder Woman.

Bigelow doesn't have the right vibe for a WW story.
I get what you are saying and I think you may have a point.

And what did he said to bother you so much?

He's involved with both Arrow and The Flash series, is only logical he also gets consulted for these movies.

Good choice and she is also given the task of "developing the movie project" which means she will have a say in character development process and story.

It's funny to hear extreme negative reactions to involvement of (take your pick) Nolan / Snyder /Goyer/ Geoff Johns in any DC movie projects, it's as if they are all proven hacks.

It would be really interesting if MacLaren heard about Lexi Alexander's opinions especially about being transparent over the film's production.

More important than the director, is the script. Lets not forget Martin Campbell is considered a good director (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Campbell), but a bad script ruined Green Lantern. They need good writers and a great villain to make it really epic.
Drew McWeeny was talking the other day (when GI Joe 3 rumors came out) about how Campbell is like the biggest hack ever based on personal experience and stories. Supposedly he doesn't care about anything he makes. Drew never throws the word hack around.

Anyway, I'm so pumped for this. She's pretty much an auteur in the TV world. (The standoffs in Breaking Bad's "To'hajiilee" and Walking Dead's "A" have a very similar style, and camera movements in other eps) Hopefully WB let her make the movie she wants to make like Burton, Nolan, and Snyder have.

Good choice and she is also given the task of "developing the movie project" which means she will have a say in character development process and story.

It's funny to hear extreme negative reactions to involvement of (take your pick) Nolan / Snyder /Goyer/ Geoff Johns in any DC movie projects, it's as if they are all proven hacks.

Yeah. I get a kick out it also. Same old....Same old....with the same haters! They know who they are.....

Nothing new....same tired attitudes. :o

Last edited:
tumblr_nfc7dyTLp41qanbvso6_250.gif

I lost the link, but she and Gal apparently already met over lunch. This seems like it was in the works for while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"