Playstation The Official PlayStation 6 Thread

Definitely feels like post 2027 given how much the early part of this gen was affected by Covid delays.

Definitely feels like post 2027 given how much the early part of this gen was affected by Covid delays.
I do not mind if it is out by 2028 or 2029, as I wouldn't have bought it yet by then especially if there are going to be stock issues again and games are more eXpensive by then.

I will be polite and say "undecided", but look. I find it very doubtful Sony is going to make the kind of product that would actually have me wanting to buy it. I'm more likely to buy a Polymega.

Talking about PS6 already? Geez, PS5 just barely came out and there’s still life on PS4 lol
Its already in the development, if we believe these rumors.

Even with Last of Us Part III, ps6 was mentioned.

Last edited:
Talking about PS6 already? Geez, PS5 just barely came out and there’s still life on PS4 lol
That's how I feel but at the same time, in November it'll be 3 years since the PS5 came out.

fdffe845-33fb-4881-99cf-d450e1c31dbc_text.gif

Its already in the development, if we believe these rumors.

Even with Last of Us Part III, ps6 was mentioned.
I think TLOU Part III will come out before the release of the PS6 but there'll probably be a remaster for PS6 similar to a lot of PS4 games getting PS5 remasters.

I would love for Sony to surprise us with a blue console especially thats the color of PlayStation.

I feel like white, gray, black or a miX of those colors would just be like the previous consoles.

I have close to a dozen PS5 games already but I can always make room for a PS6. Hopefully that will be reverse compatible with PS 1-3 at least.

I have close to a dozen PS5 games already but I can always make room for a PS6. Hopefully that will be reverse compatible with PS 1-3 at least.
Is that a lot compare to your ps4 games?

I have about more than 70+ ps4 games in my account, that includes free downloaded games (that I wouldn't get to play without the ps4). And I only started to grow my library in late 2018.

If I had a ps5 right now and already bought the ones available (that I want to play) + Re4r + the free Astro game, i would have just ten games by now. I don't plan to transfer my ps4 files to ps5, unless I have to.

The thing with the ps4 games era is there were a lot of ps3 games that were either ported or remastered to the ps4. The former because ps3 disc/ps3 digital games aren't playable in ps4.

Last edited:
7 years feels normal nowadays and with mid gen refreshes becoming a thing now and also Covid delaying everything this gen, 8 seems like the minimum till next gen this time.
The additional 1 year eXtension seems reasonable especially with everything that happened during the start of this generation.

Is that a lot compare to your ps4 games?

I have about more than 70+ ps4 games in my account, that includes free downloaded games (that I wouldn't get to play without the ps4). And I only started to grow my library in late 2018.

If I had a ps5 right now and already bought the ones available (that I want to play) + Re4r + the free Astro game, i would have just ten games by now. I don't plan to transfer my ps4 files to ps5, unless I have to.

The thing with the ps4 games era is there were a lot of ps3 games that were either ported or remastered to the ps4. The former because ps3 disc/ps3 digital games aren't playable in ps4.
I have more PS4 games but I also have had more time to pick up PS4 games. I have several more PS5 games I would like to get after I have played through some other games. I also have a Series X and a Switch with multiple games so I get a little backlogged.

PS6 in 2028 makes sense, surely there's a PS5 Pro that comes first. In the last few console generations, the updated consoles have been really impressive. PS4 vs. PS4 Pro was a big jump.

PS6 in 2028 makes sense, surely there's a PS5 Pro that comes first. In the last few console generations, the updated consoles have been really impressive. PS4 vs. PS4 Pro was a big jump.
PS5 Pro is reported to launch neXt year.

They need to bring out games that fully take advantage of this gen’s tech for a few years before going to next gen. So far it feels like the cross gen period but I hope the upcoming games seem like a big step beyond last gen. At least for games between 2025-28.
I want games that look like live action films!

They need to bring out games that fully take advantage of this gen’s tech for a few years before going to next gen. So far it feels like the cross gen period but I hope the upcoming games seem like a big step beyond last gen. At least for games between 2025-28.
Maybe I am just getting old but Spider-Man 2 is a fully current Gen game and I don't see that much of a difference graphics wise from the first game. Like yes I do see it as an improvement over Spider-Man 1, but not one that looks like a generation of difference.

Maybe I am just getting old but Spider-Man 2 is a fully current Gen game and I don't see that much of a difference graphics wise from the first game. Like yes I do see it as an improvement over Spider-Man 1, but not one that looks like a generation of difference.
This generation feels like it hasn't quite started in terms of big graphical jumps. It feels like the success of the biggest GAAS games have not only led to everyone wasting resources on targeting the same success, also the fact that those kinds of games don't usually push visual boundaries has also constrained development. Add to that that the jump between gens gets more marginal as time goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"