The Official MGS: Portable OPS Expansion Thread

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
PlayStation Premier: Metal Gear Expansion Announced
Old Snake enters the battle field this September.
by Anoop Gantayat

A new version of Metal Gear Solid is on the way to the PSP... sorta. As part of Sony's PlayStation Premier event today in Tokyo, Konami announced Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +, an expansion to last year's Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops.

The new version of the game is focused on online play, with new stages and characters. However, Konami is also adding a mysterious new single player mode, Infinity Mission.

In Japan, this update will be released in two forms, on its own for 2,400 yen, and bundled with the original MPO as part of a 4,300 yen Deluxe Pack.

Take a look at first screens in the media section below. MPO+ is set for Japanese release on 9/20.

See I would't have made this thrad an "Official but then... LOOK AT THE SCREEN SHOTS!

playstation-premier-metal-gear-update-20070717043811607.jpg

:wow: :wow: :wow:

AWESOME! Thank god for this, taking advantage of the online to expand through the MGS saga.

Holy crap that's a must have expansion. MGS4 content? MGS1 and 2 content? Like OMG.

I wonder if Infinity mode will just be a tweaked version of the original campaign that goes on forever? Did the original game have a forced end date?

PlayStation Premier: Metal Gear Expansion Announced
Old Snake enters the battle field this September.
by Anoop Gantayat

A new version of Metal Gear Solid is on the way to the PSP... sorta. As part of Sony's PlayStation Premier event today in Tokyo, Konami announced Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +, an expansion to last year's Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops.

The new version of the game is focused on online play, with new stages and characters. However, Konami is also adding a mysterious new single player mode, Infinity Mission.

In Japan, this update will be released in two forms, on its own for 2,400 yen, and bundled with the original MPO as part of a 4,300 yen Deluxe Pack.

Take a look at first screens in the media section below. MPO+ is set for Japanese release on 9/20.

See I would't have made this thrad an "Official but then... LOOK AT THE SCREEN SHOTS!

playstation-premier-metal-gear-update-20070717043811607.jpg

:wow: :wow: :wow:

AWESOME! Thank god for this, taking advantage of the online to expand through the MGS saga.

i think i just wet myself.

snake for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and kerotans...they rock too :oldrazz:

Just another sellout for money. The series has become quite diluted.

It's just an expansion pack for the online mode. Hardly diluting the series.

MGS1 Snake model please + MGS1 cast.

solid_snake.gif

Yeah, it only expands upon the fun to be had in an already great game. Mother lovers this is cool.

What a weird trailer. :O

Gahhhhhh release date for Americas please?!??!

But a brilliant trailer!

Let's hope for many more character models, and GREAT sword fighting! MGS2 nailed sword fights oddly for a game that had 3 seconds worth of it.

Didn't MGS2 use the second analogue stick to swing the sword? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"