The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
laughing_dog_duck_hunt_.gif

So no one else noticed that Ice Climbers are not in that leaked roster?

Would not be heart broken if the Ice Climbers sat this one out.

It would be strange to me to have Duck Hunt Dawg for another reason: Wii Fit Trainer seemed like the weird, out of nowhere slot that no one expected that Mr. Game and Watch filled in Melee and ROB filled in Brawl. Doing that with two characters seems...off to me.

Though, saying that, maybe they didn't intend Trainer to actually be that that character, and that's just how people happened to react.

Yeah Sakurai did stated that the WFT wasn't the WTF character for this game. He wanted to put in a character that nobody expected. Like you said, that's just how people took it.

And I honestly think the DHD would fit more as the WTF character. Because like Mr Game & Watch & ROB, he debuted in the 80s. And if the previous games are anything to go by, if there is a WTF character, he won't be revealed until much later on.

I've often seen people say how would the DHD even fight. The same question can actually apply to the other aforementioned characters and even Captain Falcon before their Smash inclusion.

If true, I find the unrevealed new characters lacklustre. However, I really like a lot of the new characters revealed so far so I'm not too upset.

If that's the final-final roster, that kinda sucks. I don't mind Duck Hunt Dog, the game is significant since it was the first lightgun game and came with Super Mario Bros. But Dark Pit and Dr. Mario? C'mon....if you're going to do clones, at least make them more than a new outfit. I'm on the fence with buying it right now.

I'm really disappointed that Ghirahim is just a dumb assist trophy. I wanted him to be playable.

Anyone holding out hope for Snake returning: prepare for disappointment:

n8aw2Mg.png

EDIT; Well, this might actually be a fake. Nevermind, but I'll keep it up because the second comment cracks me up

I don't think Sakurai would be so cruel. :(

yeah that's a fake post. I've seen every update, and that's not one of them.

It's not a terrible roster, though I really wanted[BLACKOUT] another Zelda rep[/BLACKOUT] and [BLACKOUT]Mewtwo[/BLACKOUT]. But at least no [BLACKOUT]chorus men.[/BLACKOUT] I bet a lot of people are going to be angry since some highly demanded characters didn't get in.

I've accepted that [BLACKOUT]Snake[/BLACKOUT] would most likely be cut awhile back.

However I don't understand cutting [BLACKOUT]Wolf[/BLACKOUT](if he doesn't even appear as DLC) Out of all the clones or semi clones they cut, they cut the one that probably plays the most different from the character he was based off of?

Dark Pit is the only character I am completely uninterested in. I'm not really familiar with the Kid Icarus franchise, so I don't know what the differences between Pit and Dark pit are. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the roster. Got all my favorites back, plus some new characters I'm overjoyed to be playing. Have a feeling I won't be putting this game down for a long ash time.

No Bayonetta, Ice Climbers, or Wonder Red makes me a sad panda. :(

Man ice climbers were always in my top 3 go tos.

If not future dlc... then hopefully project M hacks this game and gets everyone in like they did brawl

Didn't Sakurai at one point say he was having trouble programming Ice Climbers on the 3DS version? I can't find a link to that, but I think I remember reading it somehow.

Sakuri is an idiot for trying to make the 3Ds dictate anything...

I agree. I think a roster difference between 3DS and Wii U would have been fine, even preferable.

I agree. I think a roster difference between 3DS and Wii U would have been fine, even preferable.

And wouldnt system exclusives be an insentive to buy both? Nintendo makes some horrible decisions sometimes

It's absolutely ridiculous and almost sickening that Ganondorf is still a clone. There is absolutely no justification for it when Palutena gets 12 specials, Pit gets revamped, and Dark Pit is forced in. Sakurai's bias knows no bounds.

Yeah of all the clones Ganondorf is the most annoying. He should have his own moveset. He's The Legend of Zelda's Bowser for crying out loud. Show the man some respect.

I wonder how Shulk will play. I imagine he's not going to handle too differently from the FE characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"