The Official Superman: Earth One thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick! Let's insult Beetle for double posting and ignore the news he gave!

Check your visitor posts by the way! Also i love JSM's flashback idea with Martha Kent. It's really cool how both Batman and Superman earth one deal with the origins via flashbacks. :)

I love all those guys except for Cyclops. He's been too much of a *****e lately for me to like him :csad:

I haven't read X-Men in years and wouldn't accept the crap they've had him do anyway, as it is all completely out of character imo.

I haven't read X-Men in years and wouldn't accept the crap they've had him do anyway, as it is all completely out of character imo.
You really, really, really, REALLY, wouldn't like what they've done to him :csad:

It's Shemp, actually.

I don't expect anyone to agree with my comics views, which I readily admit are radically conservative and traditionalist.
Shemp! How could I have forgotten him...

Oh, I understand. And truthfully, I agree with you in a lot of instances; you're fighting a good fight. But it must be as depressing as hell to be you. Maybe you're Batman?

Cyclops is a middle aged Lesbian named lilith now.

Shemp! How could I have forgotten him...

Oh, I understand. And truthfully, I agree with you in a lot of instances; you're fighting a good fight. But it must be as depressing as hell to be you. Maybe you're Batman?

I get by thanks to old comics and stuff like Brubaker's Cap that I like.

The more I hear about this the more I can't wait wait to read this. Also it sounds like Kal-El is the last Kryptonian survivor in this.

I think what is going to happen is that Kal-El and Supergirl will be the last survivors of Krypton and all the rest will be from the Phantom Zone.

As I've stated many times I just hope this becomes an ongoing series and doesn't end up like All-Star or Birthright (DC's first try at the Ultimate line).

New Earth-One Superman pic and interview

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Shane-Davis-Superman-Batman-100519.html

supermanearthonesplash0.jpg

Not a fan of the seams on the pants. They look all right up top, but seams on the pants just make the fact that he's wearing his underwear on top of his pants seem even more silly.

Great art overall, though. :up:

New Earth-One Superman pic and interview

It's Brandon Routherman!

EDIT: Those are the most inadvisably raised seams in the whole unfortunate history of inadvisably raised seams.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the seams on the pants. They look all right up top, but seams on the pants just make the fact that he's wearing his underwear on top of his pants seem even more silly.

Great art overall, though. :up:
You know I still wonder how Superman got belt loops through underwear.

It's Brandon Routherman!

EDIT: Those are the most inadvisably raised seams in the whole unfortunate history of inadvisably raised seams.
That's because Davis is a fan of Routh and Superman Returns. Look at all the times he has drawn Superman he has drawn him to look like Routh and usually used the SR belt.

Thank goodness he stopped himself from doing that here. I always thought an extra S on the belt looked weird, not to mention redundant.

I just read this off Wikipedia:

Among his ideas; the villain featured will be brand new, and have a connection to Krypton to explain its destruction

Sounds interesting, hopefully he/she/it will be someone a bit more memorable then, say: BTAS's "Roland Dagget" or Smallville's legions of "meteor freaks".

The concept seems a bit clichéd, Superman meeting the villain who is at least partially responsible for Krypton's destruction. In Smallville it was Zod and Zor-El, in STAS it was Brainiac (sort of).

Also, I wouldn’t bet against them going the Lex-Clark friendship route, they did it with Birthright, which was supposed to be a reboot similar to this, and their currently doing it with Secret origin, there’s no reason to think they wont do it here. This doesn’t affect me too much, since I rather like Smallville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"