The Dark Knight The Official TDK Batman voice discussion thread

raybia

Signing off
Reaction score
After watching and listening to both BTAS yesterday and watching The Batman today, I can away liking Bale's Batman voice a little less.

I think instead of the strained Dirty harry/animalistic voice or however its best described, Bale should just raise his voice a little and nonchalantly as Bruce Wayne and then lower a little more than normal and more stern as Batman.

That is the way the actors for those two animated series seem to have approached it.

And watching those two shows (in spite of the differences in the animation) really leaves me feeling "THATS BATMAN!" as they seemed to "nail" the way Batman would sound and act.

Bale's Batman in BB didn't give me the exact same impression. At the end of BB it seemed a little more like the Batman from animation and the comics and I hope this carries over more strongly in TDK. Don't get me wrong; I love BB and I love that Bale is Batman as I thought he was perfect and wanted him for the role as soon as I saw the theaterical release of American Psycho. Its just seems that Bale has not nailed down the voice yet and it seemed inconsistent throughout the movie.

Raybia

I think Bale just needs to refine it a little. I thought the way he spoke to Rachel at the monorail station was almost perfect.

I think Batman's voice should be used as a tool in his mission. I like the gravelly, growling voice when it is deployed in interrogation, but it is less necessary when discussing forensic evidence with Jim Gordon.

It was just inconsistent, don't know if that was a concious choice of Bale or not. Monorail bit and "I brought mine" were good, Bat signal stuff not so good.

I think Batman's voice should be used as a tool in his mission. I like the gravelly, growling voice when it is deployed in interrogation, but it is less necessary when discussing forensic evidence with Jim Gordon.

Agreed; Bale should incorporate a colder, quieter voice when appropriate, similar to what Keaton used.

Agreed; Bale should incorporate a colder, quieter voice when appropriate, similar to what Keaton used.

Didn't he do that when talking with Rachel in the batcave? I liked the voice and wouldn't want it changed.

No. The voice in "The Batman" is mediocre at best. Kevin Conroy is the king.

It was just inconsistent, don't know if that was a concious choice of Bale or not. Monorail bit and "I brought mine"
were good, Bat signal stuff not so good.

I think the voice was purposely inconsistent because Bruce is barely starting out being Batman.

No. The voice in "The Batman" is mediocre at best. Kevin Conroy is the king.

Of course. But I referring more to the actor's techinque that I think Bale should adapt.

I question the need of this thread. Yes, I know the news isn't exactly flowing in - but A. wasn't this topic discussed to death this time last year? and B. couldn't this just fit in any Batman themed thread?

I liked the voice in the Monorail scene and the Batcave scene.

It will probably be more consistent though in TDK.

out of them all George Clooney of course nailed the batman voice!! :cwink:

I question the need of this thread. Yes, I know the news isn't exactly flowing in - but A. wasn't this topic discussed to death this time last year? and B. couldn't this just fit in any Batman themed thread?

Seriously Stormin, there are many threads in many forums that can be questioned whether or not there is a need and many much more than this one. It can be even questioned if there is a need for the SHH message board.

Its definitely not a matter of life and death.

This board and its various threads are for entertainment purposes so let those who are interested in this or any other thread have their fun. If it truly isn't necessary, it will die a quick death or be closed by a mod.

So don't be a sourpuss and join in on the discussion. :woot:

Go pick on this guy if you really want to question a thread.

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272048

His growling raspy voice is perfect.
Keep it.

He didn't sound like a 'beast', he sounded like a chain smoker with a lisp.

You apparently don't know what a lisp sounds like. Also of interest is that you say he didn't sound like a beast, despite the fact that nobody in this topic suggested he did.

i agree that Bale could work on the Batman voice a little bit more. maybe more gravely and less growl-y

Oh jesus ...

Yet you guys still don't get the voice, and the complaints continue. The voice wasn't 'inconsistent' ... it was meant to be used different in the different scenarios and people he interacted with.

^ yeah okay, true

....but it still sounded a bit silly and forced alot of the time

You know what would please all the whiny fanboys? Have Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy do voiceovers for Bats and Joker in TDK. And even then, SOMEONE would complain.

well yeah since neither voice really fits this series there'd definitely be some complaining...

I think it is perfect...

you have...
1. the "Gordon" voice
2. the "Rachel" voice
3. His "Flass" interrogation voice
4. the mix of "Flass" and "Gordon" which made the "Ra's" voice
5. and "Wayne's" voice he uses when he is Bruce with Alfred...
6. The Wayne' voice out in public...

i love hearing al lthese different ones it make him more inytimate with in these other characters...
by far the signal chat/rachel monorail and the "your pawns" voice are the funnest to hear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"