The Dark Knight Batman's artificially modulated voice: DVD option to turn it off

"This city.... just showed youyy..... its full of people...... reaady to believe in goooood."
That was really the only line that annoyed me, otherwise I could care less.

"This city.... just showed youyy..... its full of people...... reaady to believe in goooood."

Yea that was a bit cringy, almost took away some of the power from the scene, That and "he must have friiiieeends."

ya, as much as I liked the movie I quickly grew intolerant of the nathan explosion batman.

Whereas Batman's voice is a little too bear-ish..... I still kinda like it. It really shows that Batman is a completely different personality.

The only thing i didnt like from Bale was his speech to Gordon about hiding the truth at the end of the film when Alfred was burning the letter. Its not really his voice, but the way he "rushed" some words.

As for the "gooooooood" line, i heard "good" with only two "o"s. I liked that line a lot actually.

Only phrase that really jumps out at me as difficult to understand was "You're gonna be in a padded cell forever."

Yes that was the only one that bothered me, but otherwise I loved it as always.

I guess exhaustion can take a toll on Batman's growl.

I'll agree that this line annoyed me too, mainly because of the pauses, but if you take into account that he's been stabbed in the ribs and is in pain, it makes sense for him to say it like that. But then he doesn't talk like that later so.......:dry:

Painful line. Don't forget him lisping when he's telling Dent about the press conference. Whenever he says "your schtand," it kills me a little inside.

Only phrase that really jumps out at me as difficult to understand was "You're gonna be in a padded cell forever."

The 6th time I seen TDK I finally understood that he was saying that line. I pretty much relied on Joker's responses in that scene to understand what he was saying. I understood Joker better and he has a cut up mouth and was hanging upside down. But I still dig the bat-voice.

Didn't think my hearing would be so superior to what seems to be the norm here.

Seriously. I'm amazed that so many people had such difficulty understanding the Batman voice. I didn't have a problem at all. I'm thinking some folks have some undiagnosed hearing damage...

Yeah I heard it the first time, too. Hm. I guess I'm also one of the few people that didn't mind his voice at all and didn't think anything of the modulation until someone else complained. Even afterwards I still don't understand why it's "sooooo" annoying. I liked his "gooooood" line.

I think it's already been mentioned here, and I agree that perhaps the modulation is more pronounced in certain movie theaters than in others, and perhaps it won't sound so exaggerated in the home listening environment.. BUT that all depends on what set up you have at home.

It's an acquired taste; you get used to it with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"